IRS went after the poorest Americans.

Fair enough......

I've been filing taxes since I was 15 (maybe 14) and have run from dirt poor to upper middle class and have yet to be audited.

I figure what with 87K new TSA IRS agents my chances have just went up.

My husband and I were audited. Smug little weasel found nothing.

His look of defeat was priceless

We know they didn't bother auditing Trump like they were supposed to. Trump is just a symbol of the rich being treated differently than the poor though IMO.

Despite $80 billion in new funding, the agency is living up to its reputation of hassling low-income taxpayers over rich people.​

Is this an example of what Biden meant by making the rich pay their fair share?

In 2022, the IRS Went After the Very Poorest Taxpayers
Toljaso.jpeg

I addressed what they said specifically. I was agreeing with them.
Irrelevant. You weren't "discussing the issue", you were harassing another poster regarding a perceived lack of ability to back up an opinion.

More bullshit fear mongering from the right to prevent hiring more agents.

Agents go after the wealthy, thats where the money is

Then why aren't they doing that now? According to the OP they are ignoring the rich and going after Ma and Pa. If Dementia feels that the IRS is not going after the wealthy like himself, then he should direct the IRS to do exactly that. Why won't he? For one it's pure bullshit, they are going after the wealthy, and two, it's his excuse to waste our tax dollars to buy more votes for his party.

Then why aren't they doing that now? According to the OP they are ignoring the rich and going after Ma and Pa. If Dementia feels that the IRS is not going after the wealthy like himself, then he should direct the IRS to do exactly that. Why won't he? For one it's pure bullshit, they are going after the wealthy, and two, it's his excuse to waste our tax dollars to buy more votes for his party.
The OP is a lot of crap

Very few low end taxpayers get audited
Not much meat on the bone

We know they didn't bother auditing Trump like they were supposed to. Trump is just a symbol of the rich being treated differently than the poor though IMO.

Despite $80 billion in new funding, the agency is living up to its reputation of hassling low-income taxpayers over rich people.​

Is this an example of what Biden meant by making the rich pay their fair share?

In 2022, the IRS Went After the Very Poorest Taxpayers

It's an example of how incompetent the government is compared to private industry.

In private industry if more labor was needed, they have their current employees work overtime. Why? Because it's cheaper to have current employees work overtime than hiring new workers.

It's an example of how incompetent the government is compared to private industry.

In private industry if more labor was needed, they have their current employees work overtime. Why? Because it's cheaper to have current employees work overtime than hiring new workers.

I have no idea if IRS agents work over 40 hours a week. You do and where did you get your information?

The OP is a lot of crap

Very few low end taxpayers get audited
Not much meat on the bone
Low end taxpayers don't hire teams of accountants to file their returns. They are much more likely to not understand a line item or to have called the IRS and gotten bad advice, from which they can't recover anything, and make a mistake that can cost them.

There is absolutely a need as the IRS ranks have been depleted in the last decade

IRS agents bring in many more times their salary……from enforcing existing laws

Great, then just make the current group of employee work OT like they do in private industry. Instead of training them to use firearms and have them practicing on a range for a weapon they'll never use, let them do more tax returns of those evil rich people.

Despite $80 billion in new funding, the agency is living up to its reputation of hassling low-income taxpayers over rich people
I’ve got a thought on why…

The Rich use highly skilled lasers and accountants to reduce their tax burden LEGALLY. Therefore there is rarely anything for the IRD to catch them on. The Poor often do their taxes themselves and often try less than legal tricks to reduce their tax burden. Therefore there are far more “mistakes” (aka fraud) among the poor than the rich.

I’ve got a thought on why…

The Rich use highly skilled lasers and accountants to reduce their tax burden LEGALLY. Therefore there is rarely anything for the IRD to catch them on. The Poor often do their taxes themselves and often try less than legal tricks to reduce their tax burden. Therefore there are far more “mistakes” (aka fraud) among the poor than the rich.

The poor use the basic form and there is very little to do to cheat it.

The poor use the basic form and there is very little to do to cheat it.
In my experience many of the poor fail to report income, falsify the number of dependents they have in the household, etc… I’ve seen it in my wife’s family on a yearly basis.

Forum List

Back