Iraqis: Take us with you

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Something Dems need to think about as they continue to push for surrender

What about those who are helping us?

Iraqis: Take us with you
By Sharon Behn

BAGHDAD -- With pressure building in Washington for an American troop pullout, Iraqis who have worked closely with U.S. companies and military forces are begging their employers for assurances that they will be able to leave with them.
"They must take care of the people who worked with the Americans," said Hayder, an Iraqi who has worked for several U.S. companies since coalition forces entered Iraq.
"I work with them, I support them, I protect them. They must give us something," he said as he sipped tea in a small cafe in the fortified Green Zone.
Like most Iraqis working with the Americans, Hayder insisted that his full name not be published. Those known to cooperate with U.S. forces and companies are regularly targeted, threatened and killed by both Sunni and Shi'ite extremists.
Most Iraqis try to keep their relationship with the coalition forces secret, not even telling their children or families where they work.
Hayder said he offered to work for no pay with the U.S. military for two years only if they would take his small family out of the country.
"When the Americans leave, the war will start, and they will kill all of us, all who worked with the Americans," he said.
http://www.washtimes.com/world/20070604-121213-2661r.htm

Seems like we had the same situation at the end of our stay in Nam.....
No new precedent there.

Yep, looking like Nam now, it's the administration's fault. They didn't nip it early and are paying the price now.

They didnt help the Iraqis take control of their own country they were more worried about permanent bases and oil distribution contracts

Seems like we had the same situation at the end of our stay in Nam.....
No new precedent there.

If Dems get their surrender bill passed millions will be slaughtered after we leave

Dems wish to keep the precedent they started with Viet Nam

New Topics

Forum List

Back