Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi told worshippers in Tehran last Friday that they had to stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he said.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8631775.stm

Um, dude Sedighi? Wrong kind of earthquakes.

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Reaction score

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I happen to know for a fact that the guy is right. Hussies !!!

Valerie

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a good excuse to stop jogging. :thup:

That too, I guess. We were joking the other night about how we need those sports bras to help with all that bounce and sway! :lol:

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Women certainly can make the earth shake for men!

blu

Reaction score
religion - keeping people dumb since the beginning of time

Valerie

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi told worshippers in Tehran last Friday that they had to stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he said.
BBC News - Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

>>

"What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble? There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes," he said.

:cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Reaction score
One young lady on this forum just confessed to me that she knew when she wore that little strapless number, it may cause a bit of a...uhm... let's say, shake up

Shame on her :lol:

Darkwind

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was more amused when, not that long ago, Mr. Obama was standing in front of a bunch of aylocotes and said that there were no rocks falling from the sky (ummm...) and that there were no big cracks appearing in Earth.......

Er.......Oops?

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, now. Religion has its benefits. It's the stupidity included in thoughts that the actions of humankind cause reactions within the earth or the atmosphere such as earthquakes, storms and tornadoes, tsunami waves, lightning damage, etc...that inadequate religious leaders try to use to control people.

It's not just the Muslims that are demented in that regard. A lot of stupid religious leaders lend a false sense of causality to natures catastrophes. Anything that can't be understood by their small minds is fair game.

PatekPhilippe

Reaction score

BBC News - Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC0-ug86YMc]YouTube - If the Van is Rockin' Don't Come a Knockin'[/ame]

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Now, now. Religion has its benefits. It's the stupidity included in thoughts that the actions of humankind cause reactions within the earth or the atmosphere such as earthquakes, storms and tornadoes, tsunami waves, lightning damage, etc...that inadequate religious leaders try to use to control people.

It's not just the Muslims that are demented in that regard. A lot of stupid religious leaders lend a false sense of causality to natures catastrophes. Anything that can't be understood by their small minds is fair game.
Hell---even scientists have tried to scare the shit out of people with bogus science.

goldcatt

Catch me if you can!
Reaction score
One young lady on this forum just confessed to me that she knew when she wore that little strapless number, it may cause a bit of a...uhm... let's say, shake up

That was supposed to be our little secret! :eusa_shhh:

I should have put on the sports bra with it, but strapless and uniboob just don't go together well.

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Reaction score

That was supposed to be our little secret! :eusa_shhh:

I should have put on the sports bra with it, but strapless and uniboob just don't go together well.

:rofl:

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List