Involuntary Celibacy and Sex Work

A person's life often gets a lot harder when they've had run-ins with the law. That shouldn't happen just because they wanted to trade money to get off. The desire for sex is intense and deeply rooted in people. If they can't get it elsewhere they will want to pay for it. Almost nobody wants to live life without sex. Your way is cruel and unreasonable. You support something that hurts decent people that just want to fulfill a deeply rooted biological desire.

By the way, how much money do you suppose we waste trying to stop people from doing this? On top of what we'd get from taxes, we'd also surely save a shitload of money not fighting it anymore.

Funny, I made a point that the act of sex for money, was physically and mentally harmful to both the prostitute and the customer.

I expected that you would disagree, or make some claim that the choice was theirs.

But, I overestimated you. Instead, you ignored my valid points and simply reasserted your position, with some emotional trappings.

My point stands. THe act of prostitution is dangerous and harmful to the prostitute and customer, both physically and mentally.

You should be open and admit you detest these people based on your own sense of morality. That's at least part of why you're trying to control and impede them, right?

It's not your place to control the sexuality of grown people. Everything you retort with is just a deflection from the point, which is that the everyday Joe should have a way to use sex services legally. He shouldn't go to jail just because you think it's a detestable practice. Paying for sex alone should not make somebody a criminal. You can't wipe out victimization completely. Nobody is arguing that; it's non sequitur.

You are missing the point entirely and repeatedly.

1. He made a valid point, and you failed to challenge it.

2. Having moral judgements about other people's behavior, sexual, and/or other, is completely normal. YOU, just want to marginalize all morals that are not your own.

Funny, I made a point that the act of sex for money, was physically and mentally harmful to both the prostitute and the customer.
In many cases people do and should have the right to participate in behavior that is not good for them. It's really not your place to decide what is good and bad for other people though. You're very arrogant.
My point stands. THe act of prostitution is dangerous and harmful to the prostitute and customer, both physically and mentally.
So other people, who are not you, should not be allowed to have sex in exchange for money? They should go to jail for that? That's crazy.

Having moral judgements about other people's behavior, sexual, and/or other, is completely normal.
Yes. But wanting to control the sexual behavior of other adults is not normal or acceptable. Your views are authoritarian.

In many cases people do and should have the right to participate in behavior that is not good for them. It's really not your place to decide what is good and bad for other people though. You're very arrogant.

Not really. It takes no great intelligence to see the damage done to men and women by this practice. The harm is real. You getting dramatic does not change that.

So other people, who are not you, should not be allowed to have sex in exchange for money? They should go to jail for that? That's crazy.

Nope. It is completely normal. It is the basic concept of law. The society crafts a law and those that break it, get punished.

That you are acting like this is not true, is you gaslighting.

I am surprised. I would have thought that you could at least try to make a case for your position, based on it's merits.

As lib positions go, this one is, RELATIVELY reasonable.

But, you seem unable to do so. Perhaps you have never learned how to make a supporting argument?

Yes. But wanting to control the sexual behavior of other adults is not normal or acceptable. Your views are authoritarian.

You have gotten very good at asserting your premise and opinion. Your utter inability to argue that your position would be beneficial to society, is very telling though.

Not really. It takes no great intelligence to see the damage done to men and women by this practice. The harm is real.
The harm is exacerbated by the kinds of policy you support.
But, you seem unable to do so. Perhaps you have never learned how to make a supporting argument?
I've definitely learned how to recognize a lost cause.

Your utter inability to argue that your position would be beneficial to society
It's about ethics and freedom. Someday people like you will be seen by history as pretty ignorant. This is definitely a battle your side will lose.

I'm not the one trying to intrude on the sexual freedom of other grown people. That's you.

Correct. You don't seem to care about the harm done to people by prostitution, while I do and thus I support the democratically enacted laws to forbid it.

I can see that you think saying that, with some negative sounding spin, means something.

For a lib, pretty standard idea of how debates work. I guess I should be grateful that you have not accused me of being wacist, or wexist yet.

LOL!!!!

It's about ethics and freedom. Someday people like you will be seen by history as pretty ignorant. This is definitely a battle your side will lose.

Society is about balancing freedom with responsibilities. YOu have done nothing to argue that your position is superior to what we already have.

Give me an example. Bonus points if it is real life.
Sometimes people get their whole lives fucked up after they get thrown in jail for something like that. You want to hurt people for doing something you don't like. You're not stopping prostitution. You're just hurting people that continue to do it even more.

I'm not an idiot. I don't think I've called you an idiot either, just ignorant, which is not the same thing.

I did not say you were an idiot. Just pointing out how you have NOT done teh most basic steps in supporting your position, and trying to encourage you to try.

Sometimes people get their whole lives fucked up after they get thrown in jail for something like that. You want to hurt people for doing something you don't like. You're not stopping prostitution. You're just hurting people that continue to do it even more.

AN EXAMPLE, BONUS POINTS FOR REAL LIFE.

I did not say you were an idiot. Just pointing out how you have NOT done teh most basic steps in supporting your position, and trying to encourage you to try.
I think it's wrong to tell two grown people they can't trade sex for money, and to then put them behind bars for doing so. I also think we could make a lot of money off of that industry.

I think it's wrong to tell two grown people they can't trade sex for money, and to then put them behind bars for doing so. I also think we could make a lot of money off of that industry.

what of the physical harm done to the women? What of the mental harm done to the women?

Do you not think it's plainly evident that people are harmed when they break the law and go to jail?

I think that a real life example would show, that the woman in question, has problems that she should be focused on dealing with, and that prostitution is not doing that.

I also think that an real world example would show that the act of being a prostitute harmed the woman.

I also think that a real world example would show that the customers are ill served.

Forum List

Back