Interesting read...Reince Priebus is destroying the GOP by trying to save it..

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Reince Priebus, the head of the Republican National Committee, was the most interesting, because he was the one person representing something beyond his own interests. Priebus long ago made it clear that his obligation is to the Republican Party and not to the United States, or even to Trump. This made his set of choices far more complex than those of anyone else there.

Reince Priebus Is Destroying the G.O.P. by Trying to Save It - The New Yorker

Why are they abandoning Trump?

This division is what has been the GOP's biggest problem for the last 8 years..
I have a feeling the GOP will lose in the house as well...

Until they unite it is going to be like quicksand for the GOP, slowly losing their party..

Be real people, this is exactly what is going on..

Thanks for the link.

This:

There is no need to feel sympathy for Priebus. How in the world did he not expect a tape like this—a thousand tapes like this—to come out precisely at this moment? He may not have wanted Trump to be the nominee, but he played the leading role in normalizing this odious candidate; he has much to answer for....Perhaps if Priebus had known, in July, that by October his Presidential candidate would have close to no chance of winning and would be in open insurrection against a quarter of Republican senators and the Speaker of the House, he might have acted differently. But my guess is that he wouldn’t have. Just look at what he is doing now. He has figured out how to simultaneously drop Trump by cutting off ground support and also stand by his side. He is giving down-ballot candidates what they want and also giving Trump what he wants. To every future Party member, Priebus has performed the ultimate pre-commitment, even more than if he tattooed an elephant on his forehead. He—and the party he runs—will find a way to support Republicans no matter who they are, no matter what they believe.

The only way Trump could step down, save face and the GOP for what surely will be worse to come before November, would be if he did it himself and blamed Hillary for forcing him to step down using orchestrated sabotage. Then the GOP could recover.

I find it utterly hilarious that they're acting shocked or surprised as Trump's antics like an iceberg, cleave the GOP Titanic in two. One side: faithful idiots angry at the GOP's abandonment of principles..ironically backing Trump who has none. The stern of the ship meanwhile are intellectual and moral party loyalists shocked that their leaders have turned their backs even on them.

What a pickle. It should be noted here that of all the people rejecting Trump early on; when they could've done something about this...Dick Cheney stepped up and endorsed Trump openly and loudly. Thanks again....DICK.

The GOP finally needs to get it through their thick skulls the people voted for Trump over all of their chosen ones.

The GOP finally needs to get it through their thick skulls the people voted for Trump over all of their chosen ones.
And that their candidate is going to lose...but not before he drags the entire GOP with him. Pretty hard to get that in your head, wouldn't you say?

"Hi, I voted for Trump. That is to say, I voted for the guy who lost the 2016 election to Hillary Clinton...and in so doing...lost the Senate and possibly the House to the democrats as well.".

And that their candidate is going to lose...but not before he drags the entire GOP with him. Pretty hard to get that in your head, wouldn't you say?

"Hi, I voted for Trump. That is to say, I voted for the guy who lost the 2016 election to Hillary Clinton".

Yeah whatever, my point went right over your head but that's nothing new. Maybe if the establishment would admit defeat and actually work with Trump? See if you can work that part into that maze of noodles in your head

Yeah whatever, my point went right over your head but that's nothing new. Maybe if the establishment would admit defeat and actually work with Trump? See if you can work that part into that maze of noodles in your head
I'm just wondering whether or not you're actually aware that you need a majority of electoral votes to win the presidential election?

Did you know that? Did you know this isn't about the establishment and if every one of them risked their careers to back "pussy-grabbing Trump" it still would not result in Trump winning the election? You realize that independent women will tip the scales, right?

No? Didn't think of any of that before? Might want to start now. Better late than never..

Even if every single member of the choir stood behind Trump's solo, it still won't get him a win next month. And so doing, those choir members have signed their own career's death-sentence. You and I both know "pussy-grabbing" is just the tip of the iceberg yet to float out of Hillary's icy sea of operatives.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering whether or not you're actually aware that you need a majority of electoral votes to win the presidential election?

Did you know that?

Well duh...now get back to the GOP not supporting Trump and cease the deflection

Being that the GOP is separating themselves from Trump only shows us how once again how they throw their own under the bus..I felt sorry for Bush when they threw him under the bus.

The people did fight for Trump, it was obvious that these guys were trying to get him out. But they couldn't do a thing about it..

They need to stand behind Trump and fight...bunch of wussies..

Being that the GOP is separating themselves from Trump only shows us how once again how they throw their own under the bus..I felt sorry for Bush when they threw him under the bus.

The people did fight for Trump, it was obvious that these guys were trying to get him out. But they couldn't do a thing about it..

You get down to it and you have to wonder what they are so desperate to prrotect

This from the same person who was for Walker the Chosen One: Walker: I'd 'absolutely' nuke the filibuster to repeal Obamacare

You even supported Kasich! He was the same person I supported before he even announced.

Walker will a force to be reckoned with, he habitually kicks the left in the teeth and Obamacare is unpopular. A Walker/Kasich----Kasich/Walker ticket would be a good one

Did you know that?

Well duh...now get back to the GOP not supporting Trump and cease the deflection

So you're OK with Trump's certain loss next month because he can't get the numbers of independent women? Taking the rest of the GOP Congressionals with him?

You're aware at this point that Trump mathematically cannot win the election?

Did you know that?

So you're OK with Trump's certain loss next month because he can't get the numbers of independent women? Taking the rest of the GOP Congressionals with him?

Sweet Jeebus what can't you grasp I'm talking about the GOP not supporting Trump? I don't give a rat's ass about your opinion on who will win

You get down to it and you have to wonder what they are so desperate to prrotect

I am happy to see that you can see right through their bullshit...and it isn't just the GOP, the DNC is just as bad cheating yet keeping Debra around to do it again..

I am happy to see that you can see right through their bullshit...and it isn't just the GOP, the DNC is just as bad cheating yet keeping Debra around to do it again..

Anyone really paying attention sees it for what it is, my daddy didn't raise no fool

Did you know that?

Sweet Jeebus what can't you grasp I'm talking about the GOP not supporting Trump? I don't give a rat's ass about your opinion on who will win

They need to fire everyone running the GOP and Debra too...

Don't you think that maybe the GOP is protecting their big $$$ ...but Hillary probubly has the same buddies...Damn makes me angry..

The GOP should not support the impostor Trump. Sassy sold out her principles to support him. That's fascinating.

The Republican Party claims to be the party of Christianity. Yet they are breaking their backs under the weight of defending a sexual predator and serial adulterer. Trump's number one surrogate on the talking head circuit is a man who notified his wife he was cheating on her by calling a press conference. There have been women coming forward all year about Trump's sexual misconduct, and now they are being vindicated by Trump's own boasting. This is who the party of Christianity is chopping of their own nose to avoid smelling.

The Republican Party claims to be the party of fiscal responsibility. They pay lip service to a balanced budget, and they whine about the debt. Yet they are breaking their backs under the weight of defending a man who not only failed to put a balanced budget plan on the table, his plan is going to add more debt than Hillary. He is going to add more debt than even Obama! This is who the party of fiscal responsibility is plucking out their own eyes to avoid seeing.

The Republican Party claims to be the party of the Constitution. And yet they are breaking their backs under the weight of defending a man who would trample a religion under his heel, deny citizenship to native born Americans, and ban assault weapons. This is who the party of the Constitution is chopping off their own ears to avoid hearing.

Anyone really paying attention sees it for what it is, my daddy didn't raise no fool
I have bad news for you.

Your daddy raised a fool who has been tricked by a huckster.

I have bad news for you.

Your daddy raised a fool who has been tricked by a huckster.

She is not a fool.... Trump has come out against everything the GOP stands for, as well as the DNC..
This is why the people backed him..

We can see right through the bullshit, and he tried to stop it...

^^ ...and...he's going to lose the election because he already has his Trumpee base. He's supposed to be courting INDEPENDENT WOMEN & the conservatives in the GOP. Now he has neither. A person cannot both be a church-goer and support men who proclaim their power allows them to "grab women by the pussy"... Without these demographics, he goes nowhere.

But the fact that he isn't going to win + more damaging tapes for sure to come = the rest of the GOP going down with him FOR STANDING BY HIS SIDE IN SPITE OF FRIDAY'S PUSSY-GRABBING TAPE. They're either going to look complicit with "pussy-grabbing" or like wimps for not strongly pulling him down right now while the iron is hot. Either way that means the end of their jobs because again, the worst is yet to come.

In a week the GOP will be praying for "the good old days when it was just pussy-grabbing comments"..

Forum List

Back