Intelligent, Respectful Political Discourse, RIP

Yikes, stumbled on to this discussion between two guys from opposite ends of the political spectrum, William F. Buckley and Noam Chomsky.

Intelligent, respectful, stimulating, thoughtful disagreement.

So what happened to us? Aside from, "it's all the other tribe's fault"?

Look in the mirror, ass wipe.

Your irony is enough to make a horse laugh.

Yikes, stumbled on to this discussion between two guys from opposite ends of the political spectrum, William F. Buckley and Noam Chomsky.

The mirror should be laughing at you.

There is very little money in it.

Edit: One of the main reasons for it is because our education was absolutely fucked by BUSH AND OBAMA... Most people under the age of 20 can't follow anything those two are saying unless they are just naturally gifted with intelligence through their genes.

The ability to learn is still there in our young... They are STILL fuck'n sponges that soak up whatever information is around them... They aren't getting it from schools anymore, but there is facebook, twitter, and the media! Look what they are putting out.

Last edited:

There is very little money in it.

Divide and conquer......

What happened?
Something that you refuse to admit to.
The Democrats have become so emboldened the last few months that they aren't even attempting to put up a facade of cooperation. This morning Rep Ron Johnson said that Pelosi and Schumer have shown that they have no intention of negotiating in good faith on any legislation that might help the economy recover. They would rather keep it as a campaign issue and intentionally screw it up or watch it get worse through their neglect. No surprise here because most of the damage is being done by their Gay Democrat mayor friends in Seattle, Portland, and Chicago and their Democrat governors ruining other states like Michigan and Minnesota.

109959526_10157115234646035_4756730375927006911_n.jpg

107165628_2795524923887210_7907754477715457441_n.jpg

Seattle
109147024_2849143495192019_6469628597918369944_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry. If you can’t lay out your argument in 128 characters you lose your audience. Nuance takes at least 129 characters so nuance is out the window and you’re left with going for the political jugular quickly. Way easier if your opponent is a demon.

It was usually Gore Vidal. I'm old enough to remember.

What has happened is that identity has replaced ideology as the driving force in politics. The more a person relies on identity to form their views, the less rational they are as all their tribal instincts override their reason.

There used to be a fellow around here called Mac1958 who showed promise by way of understanding this, but then he caught the TDS virus and turned all woke. I miss the days when this fellow talked about the way the left assigns various identities to classes of either oppressor or oppressed and then reacted to these assumptions accordingly. Nowadays, he is one of the chief practitioners of this very process.

That was a great example.
What happened? Reality TV (which is hardly reality) the entertainment source of the unwashed masses. That is how you get a reality TV host with no experience in government other than manipulating it for personal benefit as a president.

It's all about the Supreme Court and power. The biggest difference, I presume, is that in the past all sides had at least a strict framework: "we both believe in capitalism, the Constitution and civil liberties (with free speech)". That mutual agreement allows for respectful dialog because there is a respect for each other as being "the good guys", unlike Eastern Bloc nations. Now, some wish to import the communist system.

I heard one particular candidate for Bidens V.P in an interview, and she mentioned "Biden will confront Russia"...not even a mention of China. THIS is their playbook. Blame all that is bad on Russia, instead of the focus that everyone on the streets knows is the problem because their big donors want to go back to China First, make no mistake, no matter what people on here try and say. Sure, make sure Russia doesn't expand further into Ukraine, but if this is the message they are selling, then Trump has to triple down on China and call out the Dems, all of the West truly knows who is their biggest enemy, it's why media hardly talk about the source of the Wuhan Virus, they DON'T want citizens to be reminded.

The fight against China is the fight of our lifetime, it will decide the fate of the West for generations.

There used to be a fellow around here called Mac1958 who showed promise by way of understanding this, but then he caught the TDS virus and turned all woke. I miss the days when this fellow talked about the way the left assigns various identities to classes of either oppressor or oppressed and then reacted to these assumptions accordingly. Nowadays, he is one of the chief practitioners of this very process.
I've tried to impress that very same thing on him many times... he's denied it.

I think we are not the only two who have noticed, either.

The flip flop is so staggering that I almost find myself wondering if his account got hacked and he was replaced.

It's all about the Supreme Court and power. The biggest difference, I presume, is that in the past all sides had at least a strict framework: "we both believe in capitalism, the Constitution and civil liberties (with free speech)". That mutual agreement allows for respectful dialog because there is a respect for each other as being "the good guys", unlike Eastern Bloc nations. Now, some wish to import the communist system.

I heard one particular candidate for Bidens V.P in an interview, and she mentioned "Biden will confront Russia"...not even a mention of China. THIS is their playbook. Blame all that is bad on Russia, instead of the focus that everyone on the streets knows is the problem because their big donors want to go back to China First, make no mistake, no matter what people on here try and say. Sure, make sure Russia doesn't expand further into Ukraine, but if this is the message they are selling, then Trump has to triple down on China and call out the Dems, all of the West truly knows who is their biggest enemy, it's why media hardly talk about the source of the Wuhan Virus, they DON'T want citizens to be reminded.

The fight against China is the fight of our lifetime, it will decide the fate of the West for generations.

You make a good point.

I have as well. Mac and I had many discussions, most worthwhile and useful. That person is gone. He denies it, but TDS has erased all rationality. Now he is one of the worst marginalized hacks on the board.

And Mac, I breathlessly await your thanks or funny to this post. :thup:

Sorry ........it's a waste of time to negotiate with Terrorists.......hope you find a way to feed your animals without losing a hand.........GOOD LUCK.

LMAO

I have as well. Mac and I had many discussions, most worthwhile and useful. That person is gone. He denies it, but TDS has erased all rationality. Now he is one of the worst marginalized hacks on the board.

And Mac, I breathlessly await your thanks or funny to this post. :thup:
Here is a posting of his from 2018

I think it is only natural to ask. "Is this even the same person?!".

Oh, and as far as his recent penchant for funnying people's posts to show derision? Setting aside the fact that this totally undermines any appeal he might make by way of seeking respectful debate, this is also an entirely new practice for him as well.

Forum List

Back