Changes needed in DC… NOW!!!!!

Maybe they will hire Bill Belichick to coach...
Very small chance of that. The ownership and the new General Manager (Adam Peters, former Asst. GM in SF) don’t seem to be the type to give full power/control to a head coach. Additionally, Washington is a multi-year rebuild and I’m not sure Beliscum wants to be in that type of situation.,

I’ll offer food for thought, what is thought but not allowed Spoken about? The league is mostly Black players (at least 70%). Less whites play in HS so as not to get beat up on & off the field by Blacks. Mommy won’t let them join. same in Basketball. Less elbows to the face in golf, soccer, baseball.

The trend is to get Black coaches in place Or the players may not put out, perhaps? The guy at HOU is young and looks black. The players play hard all games for him.
Tomlin has had a genius season in PITT! Really a good job beating Pete Carols team last week. The players play hard for him Every year when he demands it.

Overall what would Blacks do w/o football, basketball? Get a job? I’ve spent many decades in hi-tech and they ain’t in it.

On the other side PHI players appear to have quit on the white coach? Carolina did not keep the Interim Black coach, broght in Whitey and the team stunk all season. KC offense stinks w/o black OC Beinimii? KC got butt-whooped by OAK (Black interim coach, OAK played hard)

DAL players almost refused to play unless DAK got paid $75mil per year or some BS coming off an injury. Can you imagine if they had released him and brought in Cousins or other?

Good or bad, get in enough Black coaches and then some will be successful. Perhaps? WASH should go black, being the woke capital of the universe. The trends say so.

I could be wrong but not 100% wrong on all of it.

The days of the Master White coaching blacks is slowing. Especially in the NBA, now in football too. The MSM is pushing it.

I’ll offer food for thought, what is thought but not allowed Spoken about?
This is not a politics, sociology or culture thread. It is intended for discussion of the current rebuilding of the Washington Commanders NFL franchise. Please take unrelated topic elsewhere.

Thanks.

Perhaps? WASH should go black, being the woke capital of the universe. The trends say so.
I don’t see that happening. The only black candidate I’m aware of them possibly looking at is current Offensive Coordinator Eric Bienemy whose group was less than impressive this year.

Detroit Lions Offensive Coordinator and assumed top candidate for the Washington Commanders’ open Head Coach position Ben Johnson announced today that he will be remaining in Detroit for the 2024 season.

There is no other candidate who I believe will be as good as Johnson would have been. I will never forgive Johnson for fucking up the rebuilding of my team.

Well, just to make my morning even WORSE…. I wake up to see that the one other Head Coaching candidate I had talked myself into potentially being slightly pleased with hiring, Houston Texans Offensive Coordinator Bob Skowik has announced he’s staying in Houston.

That leaves only one potential Offensive coach to hire as the next Head Coach… Washington’s existing Offensive Coordinator Eric Bieniemy, who I have zero faith in. Unless he’s fired as a one or two year stop-gap I don’t want anything to do with him.

Unfortunately that leaves a slew of Defensive Coordinators and Coaches as the main option for Head Coach, and I feel that’s a massive mistake.

So, I guess Washington is just screwed at this point, and condemned to at least 3-5 more years of not even being a viable franchise.

Last edited:
Just to further add injury to insult, Mike Macdonald, the now former Defensive Coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens just went to the Seattle Seahawks.

Either nobody wants to coach in DC or that front office needs to be far more aggressive in making offers to people they want.

I honestly don’t see a worthy option anywhere out there at this point. It’s just too bad they can’t just forfeit the 2024 season and try again next year.

Yesterday morning it was announced that former Atlanta Head Coach and more recently Dallas Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn has verbally agreed to accept the Commanders Head Coaching position. I was physically ill for most of the day yesterday after hearing the announcement.

There has not been an official announcement of the hiring yet, but it’s expected later in the day today.

Quinn is best known as the Head Coach of the Falcons team that gave up a 28-3 lead to lose to the New England Patriots and being the Defensive Coordinator in Seattle during the Legion of Boom era. Most recently Quinn’s Dallas defense gave up leads of 27-0 and 48-16 to the Green Bay Packers in this year’s playoffs.

No announcement of who Quinn might be looking at to fill out his coaching staff has been made.

Grade… D-

Unless Quinn can bring in a very high quality, young Offensive Coordinator capable of finding and tutoring a new QB and find a way to rebuild the Defense at the same time. Thsts a tall order even with the #2 pick and gobs of salary cap space.

Yesterday (Monday) Washington introduced Dan Quinn as the new Head Coach. I was mildly impressed with the press conference. Lots of great words… but now they need to turn into actions and more importantly, RESULTS.

Joe Whitt Jr has been named the Defensive Coordinator. He was on Quinn’s defensive staff in Dallas and Atlanta.

Former Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Kliff Kingsbury has been named as the Offensive Coordinator, coming from being the QB coach at USC this past season…

This has lead to the suggestion that Washington will try to trade up from #2 to #1 in the draft to select Caleb Williams (QB) from USC.

Yesterday (Monday) Washington introduced Dan Quinn as the new Head Coach. I was mildly impressed with the press conference. Lots of great words… but now they need to turn into actions and more importantly, RESULTS.

Joe Whitt Jr has been named the Defensive Coordinator. He was on Quinn’s defensive staff in Dallas and Atlanta.

Former Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Kliff Kingsbury has been named as the Offensive Coordinator, coming from being the QB coach at USC this past season…

This has lead to the suggestion that Washington will try to trade up from #2 to #1 in the draft to select Caleb Williams (QB) from USC.
Sadly, I could see Washington giving up the farm merely to move up 1 spot to take Williams. Chicago, knowing how badly Washington wants Williams, could ask for a king’s ransom. And would probably get it. Not worth it if McLaurin and Gibson get shipped out. Then what to do with Sam Howell?

Sadly, I could see Washington giving up the farm merely to move up 1 spot to take Williams. Chicago, knowing how badly Washington wants Williams, could ask for a king’s ransom. And would probably get it. Not worth it if McLaurin and Gibson get shipped out. Then what to do with Sam Howell?
As of now it’s just a bunch of reporters building it up. Adam Peters, the GM says they haven’t started evaluating the player/roster situation yet.

The information I’ve seen suggest the #2 pick, the #40 (second round) and next years 1st rounder would make the trade even. I don’t like the idea, but I’m TRYING VERY HARD to maintain a “wait and see what happens” attitude about this team right now.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the 2024-25 NFL year is upon us. It actually has been for a couple months now, but I wanted to wait for the Frenzy of Free Afency to calm down and the NFL Draft situation to become a little clearer before I jumped onto things again….

The Commanders filled out their coaching staff with a mixture of BFL veteran coaches. No hires from the college ranks. I’m not thrilled with every hiring, but I’m still trying to see how it all plays out.

Free Agency was definitely a bit different this year in DC. With major holes on the roster, Adam Peters and the staff chose to go for quantity over the highest quality, signing or resigning 27 players to short term, moderate money contracts. No big names this year, but a large group of quality players who can hopefully right the ship in our nation’s capital.

QBs: Marcus Mariota & Jeff Driskel
RBs: Austin Ekeler & Jeremy McNichols
TE: Zach Ertz
WRs: Jamison Crowder & Olamide Zaccheaus
C/Gs: Nick Allegretti, Tyler Biadasz & Michael Dieter
OT: Cornelius Lucas

DT: Haggai Chisom Nduisi
DEs: Cleland Ferrell, Dorrance Armstrong, Ede Obama, & Dante Fowler Jr
LBs: Frankie Luvu, Anthony Pittman, Bobby Wagner & Mykal Walker
CBs: Michael Davis, Noah Igbinogame & James Pierre
S: Heremy Chinn & Jeremy Reeves

LS: Tyler Ott
K: Brandon McManus

The Commanders also traded away QB Sam Howell to the Seattle Seahawks along with their 4th & 6th round picks in the draft to get Seattle’s 3rd and 5th round picks.

It will be interesting to see what this group brings to the table this season.

Now we come to the last major activity of the BFL Offseason before training camps start in late July… The NFL Draft. For the last six weeks of “lying season”, NFL teams have cooked, prodded and tested the 500+ eligible athletes vying to hear their name called over three days. Experts have written, thrown out and rewritten their Mock Drafts trying to determine what each team will do starting Thursday evening in Detroit. Here’s what we know about the Commanders draft…

They have 9 picks in the 7 round draft: 1-1st Rounder (#2), 2nd Rounders (#36 & 40), 3-3rd Rounders (#67, 78 & 100), 2-5th Rounders (#139 & 152) and 1-7th Rounder (#222). Which gives Washington 6 picks in the Top 100 of the draft between Thursday and Friday nights.

Team Needs accordion the experts: QB, OT, DE, CB & S

Team Needs according to ME: QB, OT, ILB, CB, TE

Washington will likely draft QB Jayden Daniels at #2, then go Tackle and one of the Defensive positions in round 2. After that who knows, but I would not be shocked to see them use one of their last two picks on a second QB.

The First Round of the NFL Draft was last night.

With the #2 Pick the Commanders chose:
LSU QB Jayden Daniels

That’s who I wanted them to pick and who everyone expected them to choose. Daniels should be the starting quarterback for the Commanders by week four or five, if not week one.

I had hoped they might try to make a trade to get back into the later part of the First Round and select a Tackle. Overall Round One Grade: B+

They now have five selections in the next sixty-eight tonight (second and third rounds). I’m going to be very interested to see what they do. They still have needs at Tackle, Cornerback, Safety, Tight End, Defensive End and Linebacker.

My opinion of Commanders' offensive coordinator is shaded by fact I didn't like Kingsbury hiring here in the desert as head coach. For the Commanders' sake, hopefully he provides the team with more than the one-dimensional offense he employed here in Arizona.

The First Round of the NFL Draft was last night.

With the #2 Pick the Commanders chose:
LSU QB Jayden Daniels

That’s who I wanted them to pick and who everyone expected them to choose. Daniels should be the starting quarterback for the Commanders by week four or five, if not week one.

I had hoped they might try to make a trade to get back into the later part of the First Round and select a Tackle. Overall Round One Grade: B+

They now have five selections in the next sixty-eight tonight (second and third rounds). I’m going to be very interested to see what they do. They still have needs at Tackle, Cornerback, Safety, Tight End, Defensive End and Linebacker.
I was happy they went with Daniels over Maye. More athletic and a higher upside. I agree he'll be the starter quickly.

I was happy they went with Daniels over Maye. More athletic and a higher upside. I agree he'll be the starter quickly
So was I. Unfortunately they didn’t get an OT last night and they’ve made me physically ill (literally) with what they’ve done here in Round 2. I’m losing faith in the front office VERY QUICKLY.

Night 2 of the NFL Draft is over, and after a good night’s sleep I can hopefully revisit the Commanders selections without becoming as physically ill as I was last night.

Round 2, Pick 4 (36): “Johnny” Newton, DT
Round 2, Pick 8 (40): TRADED TO PHI.
Round 2, Pick 18 (50 - PHI): Mike Sainristil, CB
Round 2, Pick 21 (53 - PHI): Ben Sinnott, TE
Round 3, Pick 3 (67): Brandon Coleman, OT
Round 3, Pick 14 (78): TRADED TO PHI.
Round 3, Pick 47 (100): Like McCaffery, WR

The night started with the information that the Commanders had tried to trade back into the first but couldn’t find a partner. I’ll be interested to find out over time whether they weren’t willing to spend the capital to get there or if the demands were ridiculous.

The #36 pick turned my stomach. Supposedly a great player at the post, with a first round grade, but NOT a position of need. Especially after not getting an OFFENSIVE tackle on night one.

Then, a trade with a division rival, to move down ten spots; only to watch Philly selective guy WE should have chosen at #40. At #50 they select an undersized CB to play nickel corner. Then with #53 they take a TE. He’s a good TE, but not a need at that point with OT and DE still unaddressed.

At #67, they finally address OT. Coleman better be everything they’ve made him out to be and a day one starter, or he’s a total bust. Lastly, a good WR with the last pick in the third round.

I’m hoping the front offices a plan we can’t see other than “Commanders type players” (their buzz-phrase). Overall Day Two Grade: C-

Day One Grade: B+
Day Two Grade: C-
Overall Two Day Grade: C-

While that math doesn’t seem to make sense, the poor management of picks and trading with a rival drag the grade down significantly. The only thing that keeps this from being an F is the potential quality of the players selected. We’ll see what they do with their last three selections to determine if that grade rises or falls further.

Forum List

Back