The Choice Before Us......Trump, or the book burners

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A piece by Roger Kimball....

Mounting a wide-ranging and spirited defense of core Western values and achievements, Trump noted that what made the West so important was not just its wealth and power. Equally important was its commitment to such enabling civilizational values as individual liberty, the rule of law, religious freedom, and a generous and innovative spirit of curiosity and exploration. “The world has never known anything like our community of nations,” Trump said.
--------

Back at home, left-wing radicals burn Bibles, assault and murder policemen and civilians, set fire to courthouses, vandalize and loot all manner of businesses.

On Friday, thugs in Portland placed a pig’s head on an American flag outside the city’s Justice Center. They put a policeman’s cap atop it, doused it with a firestarter, and set it aflame.

The name of George Floyd, the career criminal who died in police custody at the end of May, was at first invoked mantra-like to justify or at least to explain this explosion of savagery. Now, a couple of months later, there are still ritual invocations of his name but, really, you don’t hear too much about Floyd. The real agenda has come more and more to the fore. Barack Obama summed it up when he said, in 2008, that he was after the fundamental transformation of the United States of America. Cities like Portland give us a glimpse of what that transformation would entail.
--------

The clips of the savages burning Bibles put me in mind of Heinrich Heine’s solemn observation that Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen:
“Wherever people burn books, they also end up burning men.”

It may seem melodramatic, but here is the awful choice we face: the choice between the spirit of mayhem, burning pigs’ heads, and burning Bibles, on the one side, and the traditional American spirit that cherishes the rule of law, free expression, and fructifying engines of prosperity, on the other.

This time, we’ve traveled to the very edge of the abyss. Will we tip over into the furnace or pull back at the last moment and choose civilization over anarchy? I think we will choose civilization. I hope so. It could go either way.

It's Trump or the swamp will return to it's previous swampiness.
01.png

A piece by Roger Kimball....

Mounting a wide-ranging and spirited defense of core Western values and achievements, Trump noted that what made the West so important was not just its wealth and power. Equally important was its commitment to such enabling civilizational values as individual liberty, the rule of law, religious freedom, and a generous and innovative spirit of curiosity and exploration. “The world has never known anything like our community of nations,” Trump said.
--------

Back at home, left-wing radicals burn Bibles, assault and murder policemen and civilians, set fire to courthouses, vandalize and loot all manner of businesses.

On Friday, thugs in Portland placed a pig’s head on an American flag outside the city’s Justice Center. They put a policeman’s cap atop it, doused it with a firestarter, and set it aflame.

The name of George Floyd, the career criminal who died in police custody at the end of May, was at first invoked mantra-like to justify or at least to explain this explosion of savagery. Now, a couple of months later, there are still ritual invocations of his name but, really, you don’t hear too much about Floyd. The real agenda has come more and more to the fore. Barack Obama summed it up when he said, in 2008, that he was after the fundamental transformation of the United States of America. Cities like Portland give us a glimpse of what that transformation would entail.
--------

The clips of the savages burning Bibles put me in mind of Heinrich Heine’s solemn observation that Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen:
“Wherever people burn books, they also end up burning men.”

It may seem melodramatic, but here is the awful choice we face: the choice between the spirit of mayhem, burning pigs’ heads, and burning Bibles, on the one side, and the traditional American spirit that cherishes the rule of law, free expression, and fructifying engines of prosperity, on the other.

This time, we’ve traveled to the very edge of the abyss. Will we tip over into the furnace or pull back at the last moment and choose civilization over anarchy? I think we will choose civilization. I hope so. It could go either way.

Rump *IS* the book burner, Elmo.

By the way, about your title, the phrase actually goes:

The issue now before us, is
Where is the clitoris?

That's probably over your head.

Does anyone actually take statements like the OP seriously? This is just political propaganda.

Does anyone actually take statements like the OP seriously? This is just political propaganda.
Self evaluation should be something everyone should honestly do. Don't lie to yourself.

Lets divide the country in half and the left can live within their own borders deal?? The left needs us we don't need the left.

It’s stupid. You could just as well say: the choice is Biden or cops who kneel on people until they die.
Self evaluation should be something everyone should honestly do. Don't lie to yourself.

Continued explanation: It doesn't matter if what you just said is true or not. YOU SAYING it makes you a hypocrite. It will come back to bite you in the ass. I don't like hypocrites.

It’s stupid. You could just as well say: the choice is Biden or cops who kneel on people until they die.

Continued explanation: It doesn't matter if what you just said is true or not. YOU SAYING it makes you a hypocrite. It will come back to bite you in the ass. I don't like hypocrites.
Ya sure like trolling though.

Ya sure like trolling though.
I'm an asshole to assholes. I have a mean streak, and this is how I direct it. Toward hypocrite fucks like yourself. I do notice when you actually show character though. Still in a deep ass hole.

If that’s the choice (and it isn’t) I’ll take the book burners. They can’t be as bad as the blob

You aren't surprising anyone with this announcement...of course you side with the book burners.......

If that’s the choice (and it isn’t) I’ll take the book burners. They can’t be as bad as the blob

You aren't surprising anyone with this announcement...of course you side with the book burners.......

There are no book burners. I'd basically side with almost anyone who can defeat your blob. It just happens to be Biden as the only legitimate contender.

There are no book burners. I'd basically side with almost anyone who can defeat your blob. It just happens to be Biden as the only legitimate contender.

Moron.....they have video of joe biden supporters burning the bible and the American Flag.....you moron....

Moron.....they have video of joe biden supporters burning the bible and the American Flag.....you moron....

1596389168241.png

White guy burning flag. Has to be a Trump supporter...right?

Forum List

Back