Intelligence Officials Plan To Release Report On Russia Hacking Efforts Next Week

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The report will ascribe “multiple motives” to the cyberattack.

WASHINGTON ― The intelligence community plans to release an unclassified report early next week, detailing its findings on Russian cyberattacks aimed at disrupting the 2016 presidential election.

Last month, President Barack Obama ordered a full review of foreign hacking efforts aimed at interfering with U.S. elections dating back to 2008, asking that it be completed before he leaves office. Intelligence officials plan to brief lawmakers on the full classified version of its findings next week, in addition to testifying at public hearings, outgoing Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Thursday.

The report will build on an Oct. 7 joint statement from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security, which concluded that the Russian government had directed a widely publicized hack of the Democratic National Committee’s emails.

“We stand more resolutely on the strength of that statement” than ever before, Clapper testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday.

Clapper declined to preview the contents of the forthcoming report, which was prepared by the CIA, FBI and National Security Agency. However, he told lawmakers that intelligence agencies had identified “multiple motives” for Moscow’s interference in the election.

The DNI chief, who is generally tight-lipped in public hearings, said he plans to “push the envelope as much as I can on the unclassified version” of the report, because “the public should know as much of this as possible.”

More: Intelligence Officials Plan To Release Report On Russia Hacking Efforts Next Week

I am looking forward to that report. So should we all.

images

The FBI and CIA really should continue pursuing this by releasing more e-mails to reveal the proof of their accusations.....

Can they provide some e-mails covering the Fast & Furious operation this time around?

After all the current president did promise that his administration was going to be open & transparent.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:

WASHINGTON ― The intelligence community plans to release an unclassified report early next week, detailing its findings on Russian cyberattacks aimed at disrupting the 2016 presidential election.

Last month, President Barack Obama ordered a full review of foreign hacking efforts aimed at interfering with U.S. elections dating back to 2008, asking that it be completed before he leaves office. Intelligence officials plan to brief lawmakers on the full classified version of its findings next week, in addition to testifying at public hearings, outgoing Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Thursday.

The report will build on an Oct. 7 joint statement from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security, which concluded that the Russian government had directed a widely publicized hack of the Democratic National Committee’s emails.

“We stand more resolutely on the strength of that statement” than ever before, Clapper testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday.

Clapper declined to preview the contents of the forthcoming report, which was prepared by the CIA, FBI and National Security Agency. However, he told lawmakers that intelligence agencies had identified “multiple motives” for Moscow’s interference in the election.

The DNI chief, who is generally tight-lipped in public hearings, said he plans to “push the envelope as much as I can on the unclassified version” of the report, because “the public should know as much of this as possible.”

More: Intelligence Officials Plan To Release Report On Russia Hacking Efforts Next Week

Actually, it was disgruntled demcrat operatives that provided e-mails to Julian Assange.....but what I find the most hilarious is that leftards are not fretting over the contents of the leaked e-mails showing incredible corruption including pedophilia and "spirit cooking" of the demcrat elite.....that doesn't bother lower level leftards AT all.....it's the fact that someone revealed the dirty and disgusting dealings that has the leftard clown posse's panties in a bunch........seriously, this is tooooo fucking funny.

How dare them! Trying to influence our elections....

The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded Tuesday.

Some $350,000 was sent to OneVoice, ostensibly to support the group’s efforts to back Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement negotiations. But OneVoice used the money to build a voter database, train activists and hire a political consulting firm with ties to President Obama’s campaign — all of which set the stage for an anti-Netanyahu campaign, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said in a bipartisan staff report.

Definitive proof is forthcoming. How will Adolf Trump and his NaziCon cult react?

Lakhota, seriously.....why are you more upset about who might have revealed the chicanery of the leftard clown posse elite instead of being upset about the contents of the revelations and the lengths that they were willing to go to steal the demo nomination from Sanders and then the national election????? Do you even have a moral compass at all???

Definitive proof is forthcoming. How will Adolf Trump and his NaziCon cult react?

Lakhota, seriously.....why are you more upset about who might have revealed the chicanery of the leftard clown posse elite instead of being upset about the contents of the revelations and the lengths that they were willing to go to steal the demo nomination from Sanders and then the national election????? Do you even have a moral compass at all???

Out of all the people on this board... I would think you would be the absolute last person to think it is ok to gather information using illegal means. So rights don't matter to you all of a sudden because it involves helping a candidate you support?

Out of all the people on this board... I would think you would be the absolute last person to think it is ok to gather information using illegal means. So rights don't matter to you all of a sudden because it involves helping a candidate you support?

Do you REALLY believe that I give a flying fuck that the very ones that contributed to this police state that monitors all of our on-line activity and assigns us a threat matrix score based on our social media posts, Google searches, e-mails, text messages and phone calls (all of which are stored) end up getting hoisted by their own petard????

Fuck them.....and I would like to see incriminating e-mails by the neocons as well. People need to know that the ones that they trust are nothing but crooks....makes no mind to me as to whom is revealed as a disgusting POS......it's just amusing to me to watch the leftard clown posse so taken aback....fuck'em......

Do you REALLY believe that I give a flying fuck that the very ones that contributed to this police state that monitors all of our on-line activity and assigns us a threat matrix score based on our social media posts, Google searches, e-mails, text messages and phone calls (all of which are stored) end up getting hoisted by their own petard????

Fuck them.....and I would like to see incriminating e-mails by the neocons as well. People need to know that the ones that they trust are nothing but crooks....makes no mind to me as to whom is revealed as a disgusting POS......it's just amusing to me to watch the leftard clown posse so taken aback....fuck'em......

Ok, so let's get this straight, you don't believe in the idea of rights to privacy and it's ok with you if cops violated your rights to prove you are guilty of something?

... Explaining the supposed motives does not proof make.

Still I await their statement, if they fuck it up twice I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Now maybe we can have an actual discussion about actual things instead this vague "Da Rooskiiees hacked it, I tells ya!" level we have going on now. I've asked repeatedly what posters mean when they say the Russians "hacked our election", and none of them can be bothered to even define what they mean. This in the face of the reality that you can hack into a data store, but you can't "hack" an election.

Now maybe we can have an actual discussion about actual things instead this vague "Da Rooskiiees hacked it, I tells ya!" level we have going on now. I've asked repeatedly what posters mean when they say the Russians "hacked our election", and none of them can be bothered to even define what they mean. This in the face of the reality that you can hack into a data store, but you can't "hack" an election.

The "hacked our election" crowd are using the event to deflect from their devastating loss, deflect from the corruption of the DNC and Hellary and to find a scapegoat for their shortcomings.

Anyone with a brain knows both nations cyber attack each other. The issue isn't about if the revealed emails were real, they were. The issue is who snatched them. RaTz want to spin the "Russians stole the election from us" to avoid the real issue of their corruption by creating a side show of "Who Dunnit".

Key word being "ascribe".

Just because you assign a motive to something doesn't make it true.

^ Well that is really the only way I can see for them to pin it on the Russian government. Stole some document from their records that show those particular APT's doing it.

Something I highly doubt because from what I can see all of the supposed investigation was done by a private company named CrowdStrike and based entirely on their opinions of the particular APT's rather than work our government did - it's now being said that the FBI didn't even look at the DNC computers during their investigation lol

Forum List

Back