Insomnia

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
So I've been inflicted with Insomnia for about 10 years now, I'm actually now conditioned to being okay with four hours of sleep, usually I'll be up each day at 9am, again conditioned.

This began when I was about 16 years-old, why I'm not sure. However, when I was at University, this is where the conditioning began, especially during exam times, I managed on four hours of sleep, like many of the other students, and still performed the exams well.

I know Tilly also is inflicted with Insomnia....maybe some others are, but I've missed any comments they might have made about this situation.

• Banned
So I've been inflicted with Insomnia for about 10 years now, I'm actually now conditioned to being okay with four hours of sleep, usually I'll be up each day at 9am, again conditioned.

This began when I was about 16 years-old, why I'm not sure. However, when I was at University, this is where the conditioning began, especially during exam times, I managed on four hours of sleep, like many of the other students, and still performed the exams well.

I know Tilly also is inflicted with Insomnia....maybe some others are, but I've missed any comments they might have made about this situation.
didnt wine help you ?

I've never been a big drinker, I've been drunk only twice, a horrible experience.

There are ways to help yourself with insomnia. About the last thing you ought to be doing is being on line. Not so good for brain and insomnaia.

I usually go to sleep quickly but wake in about 3 hours. I stay awake for 2 or 3 then go back to sleep and I usually make it until 7 or 8 am. I force myself to stay up until at least 10 pm or I will stay awake longer after the initial couple of hours I get to start.

It's not healthy, I know but it's better, less frustrating if you accept it and don't worry too much.

You and Tilly both, huh? That's amazing.

:lmao:

Interesting way of explaining why you are both constantly posting at 4 am BST.

But I think a simpler explanation is that Tilly and Lucy are the same person, and reside in the US.

I've had bouts of insomnia for most of my adult life. I spend the sleepless parts of the night reading. Insomnia has allowed me to read more books than I would have otherwise.

I here ya Lucy.
Part of my problem is waking up at 5:00am everyday for 25 years.
But I didnt mind because I was home by 3:00 everyday.
After 4 years of retirement I still cant kick the early wake up call,but to tell you the truth I love the early mornings.
It's my favorite time of day.

I've had bouts of insomnia for most of my adult life. I spend the sleepless parts of the night reading. Insomnia has allowed me to read more books than I would have otherwise.
Do you just stay in your room or do you get out of bed once you wake up?

Some time ago, I tried sleeping tablets, which they did work, but I told my doctor that I was not taking them anymore, I just didn't want to get hooked on sleeping pills.

I stay in bed. There's a reading light set up above the bed and the headboard is a bookcase! Happily, my reading does not disturb my husband.

I usually go to sleep quickly but wake in about 3 hours. I stay awake for 2 or 3 then go back to sleep and I usually make it until 7 or 8 am. I force myself to stay up until at least 10 pm or I will stay awake longer after the initial couple of hours I get to start.

It's not healthy, I know but it's better, less frustrating if you accept it and don't worry too much.

This is how I've felt for years, that there's no cure as such for Insomnia, so it's just something you have to except. As I said in my OP, I'm conditioned to it now, and at least I have some sort of routine, that being I can be up at 9am without much problem.

QUOTE="Lucy Hamilton, post: 14154400, member: 56028"]

Some time ago, I tried sleeping tablets, which they did work, but I told my doctor that I was not taking them anymore, I just didn't want to get hooked on sleeping pills.[/QUOTE]
I'm scared of pills. Some say warm milk works but I don't like warm milk.. It sounds like you are doing fine with less than recommended hours of sleep.

Working on irrigation systems all afternoon two days in a row with light rain and 50 degrees seems to have made me quite sleepy tonight.

Hammie stays awake worrying what time zones we all live in.

Hey Lucy.

Don't you think everyone awake at 4am is the same person/

Dhara

Yes I'm obviously also Dark Fury as well as being Tilly....I'm also 200 other people on this forum, I'm too many people on this forum to possibly give you the full list for fear the post will be so large they might have to increase the bandwidth of the entire forum to cope :eek-52: :rolleyes-41:

Some time ago, I tried sleeping tablets, which they did work, but I told my doctor that I was not taking them anymore, I just didn't want to get hooked on sleeping pills.
How much do you exercise? I wear myself out with yard work or racquetball every day...usually sleep from 9 to 6....

I stay in bed. There's a reading light set up above the bed and the headboard is a bookcase! Happily, my reading does not disturb my husband.
I just get up and get on here or clean or cook.

Forum List

Back