Insomnia

Exercise helps you sleep better. Eating right and not drinking too much caffeine, especially late in the afternoon helps.

I hear this new book has some great tips on how to get better sleep.

fullpage.do

New study shows that not enough sleep can cause brain damage.

New Study Shows Lack of Sleep Leads to Permanent Brain Damage » the nerve blog | Blog Archive | Boston University

People who suffer from insomnia are more prone to...

Obesity

Stroke

Heart failure

Heart attack

High blood pressure

Brain damage

Poor quality of life....etc.

Sleep Habits: More Important Than You Think

Oh, and here's a biggie. Insomnia and weight gain.

Is Lack of Sleep Causing You to Gain Weight?

It started for me when I retired. Still lots to do, but no specific time to do it, so I enjoyed sleeping past 4:30 am. Later up meant later to sleep the next night. After about a year, it came down to sleeping 3 to 5 hours a couple of times a day whenever the mood hit. It is a really weird schedule, but I don't see it as a problem.
I just don't want to be up at this time of night. Earlier today, I had 4 people stop by all at different times, just to chat. I love having them come over but I wouldn't have time for a 3 hour nap. I can set my own hours because I work from home but then there's that also.

This is just the most convenient time to sleep, dang it! :)

It started for me when I retired. Still lots to do, but no specific time to do it, so I enjoyed sleeping past 4:30 am. Later up meant later to sleep the next night. After about a year, it came down to sleeping 3 to 5 hours a couple of times a day whenever the mood hit. It is a really weird schedule, but I don't see it as a problem.
I just don't want to be up at this time of night. Earlier today, I had 4 people stop by all at different times, just to chat. I love having them come over but I wouldn't have time for a 3 hour nap. I can set my own hours because I work from home but then there's that also.

This is just the most convenient time to sleep, dang it! :)

I've run into similar situations like that a few times too. It's inconvenient, but I always fall back on what has become my favorite thought-------oh, well------- at least I'm not having to get up a 4:30 every day and attend early meetings before the crew shows up, try to figure out how to fix what got screwed up yesterday, run a job where mature competent workers occasionally do stupid shit for no discern-able reason, and then finish up my paperwork and fax it to the main office around 8Pm, and then enjoy a few minutes of my own life before I fall asleep so I can get up and do it again the next day. When I consider it in those terms, I sometimes have to do a happy dance.

I have been under a lot of pressure recently at work. I don’t have a clear objection to worry about nervousness, restlessness, and symptoms of autonomic dysfunction, such as palpitations, hand tremors, sweating, frequent urination, etc., and exercise anxiety. So I chose to exercise, not only can I secrete dopamine, but also make me feel happy.

Forum List

Back