“Infrastructure Bill”, p.508: National Per-Mile Motor Vehicle User Fee

So you want to voice opposition to something that hasn’t been proposed?

They don't have to propose anything. A gas tax is already in place. This is a pilot to program meant to charge an additional tax as it is NEVER stated that it is intended to replace anything. You are simply making that up out of thin air.

They don't have to propose anything. A gas tax is already in place. This is a pilot to program meant to charge an additional tax as it is NEVER stated that it is intended to replace anything. You are simply making that up out of thin air.
If they don’t propose anything, then there will never mileage tax on you.

A pilot program isn’t intended to replace anything. It’s intended to study a policy before it can be proposed.

If they don’t propose anything, then there will never mileage tax on you.

A pilot program isn’t intended to replace anything. It’s intended to study a policy before it can be proposed.
It's kind of funny to see you telling other people they need hobbies, while I watch you bust your ass to defend this bullshit proposal, lol.

Just saying.

The idiot Dems will commit political suicide if this ever gets off the ground...

Once implemented, vast legions of Americans are likely to vote for anyone NOT a Democrat...

All it would take is for the Pubs to declare that they would suspend the Per Mile Usage Tax the split second they're inaugurated... and repeal the next day.

After this, Dems wouldn't be able to get themselves elected dogcatcher, never mind holding serious office...
yep

Unconstitutional as hell.
I agree. That whole nebulous term, "or other related social impacts," never mind even trying to qualitatively and quantitatively measure environmental impacts without being politically subjective, make the whole thing subjective to court litigation.

This is the last known ruling I could find on it.

It would appear, unless the STATE can prove all funds gathered by the tax do what it is intended to do, it is unconstitutional. So with such inexact language. . yeah, I'd say it is.

Constitutional Use of Toll Revenue the Subject of Recent Federal Court Decision​

"Public agencies with toll-setting authority should take note of a recent federal court decision relating to the uses of user fees and toll revenue, as well as the stated goals of the plaintiff in that case.. . . "

You can’t make this shit up. Now they want to tax you based on mileage on top of your gasoline and registration taxes. They get to determine your tax based on “environmental” impact and any other “social impacts”. In other words if your driving is racist.

See page 508 of this monstrosity:

View attachment 521009

View attachment 521010

Well, what do you expect?

This is a huge huge big bill thats being hyped up as being important for all americans with a shit load of money in it. So of course everyone is going to say "Yeah this is great we need this. hooray!"

But its all the riders, write ins and specifically worded things inside that. The bill and its money is a trojan horse. This isnt the only bad idea in there I guarantee it. And all of that trillions of dollars? THe country will be lucky if it sees half of it after everyone has siphoned off of it, then in maybe 10 years work will actually start.

This whole thing is one giant scam.

You can’t make this shit up. Now they want to tax you based on mileage on top of your gasoline and registration taxes. They get to determine your tax based on “environmental” impact and any other “social impacts”. In other words if your driving is racist.

See page 508 of this monstrosity:

View attachment 521009

View attachment 521010
Calm down.
507 EDW21A09 WG9 S.L.C. 1 (d) RECOMMENDATIONS AND REPORT.—Not later 2 than 3 years after the date of enactment of this Act, the 3 Secretary, in coordination with the Secretary of the Treas4 ury and the Federal System Funding Alternative Advisory 5 Board established under section 13002(g)(1), shall submit 6 to the Committee on Environment and Public Works of 7 the Senate and the Committee on Transportation and In8 frastructure of the House of

Well, what do you expect?

This is a huge huge big bill thats being hyped up as being important for all americans with a shit load of money in it. So of course everyone is going to say "Yeah this is great we need this. hooray!"

But its all the riders, write ins and specifically worded things inside that. The bill and its money is a trojan horse. This isnt the only bad idea in there I guarantee it. And all of that trillions of dollars? THe country will be lucky if it sees half of it after everyone has siphoned off of it, then in maybe 10 years work will actually start.

This whole thing is one giant scam.
IOW, "government".

Calm down.
507 EDW21A09 WG9 S.L.C. 1 (d) RECOMMENDATIONS AND REPORT.—Not later 2 than 3 years after the date of enactment of this Act, the 3 Secretary, in coordination with the Secretary of the Treas4 ury and the Federal System Funding Alternative Advisory 5 Board established under section 13002(g)(1), shall submit 6 to the Committee on Environment and Public Works of 7 the Senate and the Committee on Transportation and In8 frastructure of the House of
Yes, where they will rubber stamp it into permanent law. Why else would they do a pilot?

It’s not a “replacement”. It will be on top of the gasoline tax.

Oh no, according to colfax_m, this is meant as a replacement despite not mentioning anything about being a replacement. Shows you just how these folks minds work(or don't).

Oh no, according to colfax_m, this is meant as a replacement despite not mentioning anything about being a replacement. Shows you just how these folks minds work(or don't).
Plus, Colfax is saying it isn’t even a proposal yet…….despite him claiming it will replace the gas tax.:cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Plus, Colfax is saying it isn’t even a proposal yet…….despite him claiming it will replace the gas tax.:cuckoo:

Yeah, but it isn't surprising. They will defend their dogma at all costs, even it it means being completely illogical.

You are the one making shit up, Dumbass. You claimed it was a replacement of the gas tax.

If you buy an electric car you're not going to buy gas or pay the tax.

So the Neo-GOP's plan is to let the highways go to shit if we switch to electric?

I guess ya'll figure with the coming civil war, who needs interstates anyway.

If you buy an electric car you're not going to buy gas or pay the tax.

So the Neo-GOP's plan is to let the highways go to shit if we switch to electric?

I guess ya'll figure with the coming civil war, who needs interstates anyway.
I already solved that problem early in the thread.

Pay attention.

It’s meant as a pilot program. So strange that your criticism of me is basically the exact thing you’re doing.

It’s meant as a pilot program. So strange that your criticism of me is basically the exact thing you’re doing.

What do you not understand? It is a testing ground for implementing a new tax as in an ADDITIONAL tax to the gas tax. You are making an assumption that is in no way assumed in the bill.

Forum List

Back