“Infrastructure Bill”, p.508: National Per-Mile Motor Vehicle User Fee

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
You can’t make this shit up. Now they want to tax you based on mileage on top of your gasoline and registration taxes. They get to determine your tax based on “environmental” impact and any other “social impacts”. In other words if your driving is racist.

See page 508 of this monstrosity:

40DEDE24-B52E-4F23-9FAC-69FFDC0012A9.jpeg

8F8B639F-2A65-4F58-BC5C-8ABB9B78C8B2.jpeg

So, it's voluntary, did I read that right? Who the hell is going to volunteer to pay this tax? Somehow I just don't think this fee is going to make it into the final bill, if there is one. And I got my doubts it'll actually make it through the House and the Senate, but we'll see. I think both sides want this to fail so they can blame the other side. Particularly the democrats, as they want to generate maximum support from all 50 dem senators to pass their $3.5 trillion bill through reconciliation. It's all about the optics, who's the bad guy.

So, it's voluntary, did I read that right? Who the hell is going to volunteer to pay this tax? Somehow I just don't think this fee is going to make it into the final bill, if there is one. And I got my doubts it'll actually make it through the House and the Senate, but we'll see. I think both sides want this to fail so they can blame the other side. Particularly the democrats, as they want to generate maximum support from all 50 dem senators to pass their $3.5 trillion bill through reconciliation. It's all about the optics, who's the bad guy.

The government will volunteer you.

You can’t make this shit up. Now they want to tax you based on mileage on top of your gasoline and registration taxes. They get to determine your tax based on “environmental” impact and any other “social impacts”. In other words if your driving is racist.

View attachment 521009

View attachment 521010
Unconstitutional as hell.

View attachment 521009

View attachment 521010
The idiot Dems will commit political suicide if this ever gets off the ground...

Once implemented, vast legions of Americans are likely to vote for anyone NOT a Democrat...

All it would take is for the Pubs to declare that they would suspend the Per Mile Usage Tax the split second they're inaugurated... and repeal the next day.

After this, Dems wouldn't be able to get themselves elected dogcatcher, never mind holding serious office...

View attachment 521009

View attachment 521010
pg. 514 sentence line 5-16 denotes that it is a pilot program not a nationwide program and it is a volunteer program for participants..Are you familiar with the words voluntary and pilot program?

The government will volunteer you.
LOL, no doubt. Eventually anyway.

Unconstitutional as hell.
I hope so. Not too sure about that though.

The greenies probably love this, but it's going to hurt the small business/self-employed people if they have to pay a mileage tax unless there is a carve-out of some sort for them. Maybe they get to deduct the mileage tax from their federal tax return if they are registered as a small business or self-employed. And what'll that tax do to transportation costs that goes into what you pay at the supermarket. What'll happen to Amazon and Walmart prices for home delivery? It always comes back to the consumer.

View attachment 521009

View attachment 521010
Pretty unlikely this will pass as part of a final bill.

The greenies probably love this, but it's going to hurt the small business/self-employed people if they have to pay a mileage tax unless there is a carve-out of some sort for them. Maybe they get to deduct the mileage tax from their federal tax return if they are registered as a small business or self-employed. And what'll that tax do to transportation costs that goes into what you pay at the supermarket. What'll happen to Amazon and Walmart prices for home delivery? It always comes back to the consumer.
Fuck normal Americans.

-- The Democratic Party

It’s a pilot program, which will then be used to tax everyone.

pg. 514 sentence line 5-16 denotes that it is a pilot program not a nationwide program and it is a volunteer program for participants..Are you familiar with the words voluntary and pilot program?
Are you familiar with how a pilot program works? They use it to predict how much they need to tax, then they push it on everyone.

With the exception of the travesty that is the income tax, direct federal taxes need to be apportioned to the states for collection...There is no lawful mechanism which allows the feds to collect a "fee" (i.e. tax) directly on motorists on the per-mile basis.

With the exception of the travesty that is the income tax, direct federal taxes need to be apportioned to the states for collection...There is no lawful mechanism which allows the feds to collect a "fee" (i.e. tax) directly on motorists on the per-mile basis.
Better reread the Constitution.

Forum List

Back