In Your Opinion, What Would Create the Most Jobs?

If the goal is to create millions of high paying jobs, a 21st Century New Deal, why not assimilate the Federal Reserve into Treasury and allow Treasury to SPEND trillions of debt-free dollars into the economy, focusing initially on infrastructure repair from Maine to Maui.

Recently, Joseph Stiglitz talked about how TARP could have been used:

"If we had used the $700 billion to create a new financial institution, allowed it to lever 10 to 1, which is very modest compared to the 30 to 1 we were doing--10 to 1 would have generated $7 trillion of new lending capacity, far in excess of what our country needs.

"So the issue here is not about lending.

"It is about saving the bankers.

"And what we confused was saving the banks with saving the bankers and their shareholders."

See: Ellen Brown's Web of Debt Blog>"Campaigning for State-Owned Banks" (2/17/2010)

The outright abolition of no less than 50% of gubmint at all levels, including, but certainly not limited to:

The Departments of Commerce, Energy, HHS, HUD, the ending of all agriculture subsidies and price supports, the end of ridiculous restrictions on domestic energy production, ending federal funding for inner city mass transit scams, etcetera....

The outright abolition of no less than 50% of gubmint at all levels, including, but certainly not limited to:

The Departments of Commerce, Energy, HHS, HUD, the ending of all agriculture subsidies and price supports, the end of ridiculous restrictions on domestic energy production, ending federal funding for inner city mass transit scams, etcetera....

Where would all the Gov't Employees go to work?

GP

The fed through contract, is only allowed to keep a 6% profit...

all other profit they make, goes to us, and gets deposited in to the Treasury.
So essentially, to supposedly manage our money, they get all the profit up to a 6% profit margin....above such is our profit dollars.

I just learned this the other day, I had no idea how it worked previously....

---------------------------------

Now, on the initial post....don't you think if the treasury handled the dollar, in the same manner that the fed is handling it.....by just printing more....is going to come back and bite us in the butt with inflation, a hidden tax of sorts?

In the private sector.

Such a drastic cut in gubmint would leave hundreds of billions of dollars free to be put into productive use.

In the private sector.

Such a drastic cut in gubmint would leave hundreds of billions of dollars free to be put into productive use.

Are you actually suggesting that a $175,000/year Assistant Director to the Agency Manager of Administrative Coordination could dig an irrigation ditch?

Who said anything about the bureaucratic moocher having a choice in the matter?

He can go get an honest job or move to Venezuela.

I don't think you understand.

This "bureaucratic moocher" is also a tax-paying Citizen of The Home of The Brave and Land of The Free.

He has a family, car payments, a nice house......

He has a Masters Degree in Public Administration from Georgetown University, for christsakes!!

WTF is he supposed to do in Venezuela?

They probably don't even have air conditioning!!

You can't be serious.

From whence does the money to pay the bureaucrat, so they can "pay their taxes", come from in the first place?

Bureaucracy is a net drain on tax receipts, not a gain.

No YOU cannot be serious.

Where are 50% of the Govt employees gonna work?

No blith remarks like, oh, they could find a job in the private sector; EXACTLY what job skills transfer from jerking off in your Ave K office in D.C. to "The Private Sector?"

They're going to work in the private sector, producing added value for the general economy.

Like I already said, bureaucracy is a drain on that production....Adding available funding to the productive profit-producing sector of the economy can only add to productivity, hence requiring more employees.

It's not really that difficult a concept to grasp.

They're going to work in the private sector, producing added value for the general economy.

Like I already said, bureaucracy is a drain on that production....Adding available funding to the productive profit-producing sector of the economy can only add to productivity, hence requiring more employees.

Its not hard to grasp a concept.

I grasp the concept.

What I'm trying to see is EXACTLY what job function a govt beaurocrat might fill.

Who would hire them? All they've been trained to do is INCREASE the cost of doing their job!! They've not even the slightest notion of "profit!"

So, instead of making it easy on yourself, get to the brass tacks, and answer the concrete question: What are 50% of the Govt Employees gonna do after you've cut their jobs in an effort to DECREASE UNEMPLOYMENT???

If the goal is to create millions of high paying jobs, a 21st Century New Deal, why not assimilate the Federal Reserve into Treasury and allow Treasury to SPEND trillions of debt-free dollars into the economy, focusing initially on infrastructure repair from Maine to Maui.

What an insane idea.

Where does the FED get $Ts????????

It issues Treasuries - which ARE DEBT.

Recommended reading:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve/dp/0912986395/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269787645&sr=8-2]Creature from Jekyll Island[/ame]

Or you can view the lecture:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7auQEXTWomA]Fed Reserve[/ame]

Last edited:

Let's assume for a moment you're correct, please explain what "available frunding" is and where does it come from; I suspect you'll suggest taxes be cut. Rather then building a strawman, I'll wait for a more comprehensive explanation of your concept that is "not really that difficult a concept to grasp".

There's nothing wrong with people and businesses keeping the money they have earned. The odds are much more in favor of them putting it to good use instead of having the government waste it.

I grasp the concept.

What I'm trying to see is EXACTLY what job function a govt beaurocrat might fill.

Who would hire them? All they've been trained to do is INCREASE the cost of doing their job!! They've not even the slightest notion of "profit!"

So, instead of making it easy on yourself, get to the brass tacks, and answer the concrete question: What are 50% of the Govt Employees gonna do after you've cut their jobs in an effort to DECREASE UNEMPLOYMENT???
Who cares what job they might fill, as long as the get honest work?

Since when is it the job of the productive to see that the unproductive live a comfortable middle class existence?

Personally, I don't concern myself with where a tick might find sustenance when I pull it off of my neck.

I grasp the concept.

Who cares what job they might fill, as long as the get honest work?

Personally, I don't concern myself with where a tick might find sustenance when I pull it off of my neck.

Yes, dehumanizing them as your enemy-parasite is easy, but hardly realistic, or intellectually exausting.

They, obviously will care.

Their immediate family will care.

All their Debtors will care.

I haven't even begun to tally up all the people who will be affected negatively if 50% of the Govt closed down.

What sort of "honest work" do you think they are qualified?

There's nothing wrong with people and businesses keeping the money they have earned. The odds are much more in favor of them putting it to good use instead of having the government waste it.

Obvious.

What is not obvious is where do you, a profit driven employer, plan to employ people who have never considered making a profit, but worse, have always been encouraged to spend the entirety of their budget, and ask for more?

If Government workers can't find a decent paying job in the private sector, then why should we be paying them 44% more than a private sector employee for sitting at a government desk?

Last edited:
Obvious.

What is not obvious is where do you, a profit driven employer, plan to employ people who have never considered making a profit, but worse, have always been encouraged to spend the entirety of their budget, and ask for more?

Survival of the fittest bub. It is not my concern to support people who offer nothing of value in exchange for the wages I pay them.

If they are so unmotivated that they can't figure out how to work productively, that is their problem. Their lack of talent and work ethic doesn't justify them being a boat anchor around the necks of the decent people who work hard for a living.

Forum List

Back