In Your Opinion, What Would Create the Most Jobs?

One aspect to which you are obviously oblivious is that taxes that are originally justified as being For The Rich, end up being moved down to the middle and working classes. There aren't enough Rich To Soak to cover Big Government's aspirations.

Really? Prove that, no economist agrees including Smith.

What Should a Billionaire Give – and What Should You? Peter Singer http://www.utilitarian.net/singer/by/20061217.htm

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned."

UBI and the Flat Tax

================================================

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

Tax cuts spur economic growth

Last edited:
Yes, dehumanizing them as your enemy-parasite is easy, but hardly realistic, or intellectually exausting.

They, obviously will care.

Their immediate family will care.

All their Debtors will care.

I haven't even begun to tally up all the people who will be affected negatively if 50% of the Govt closed down.

What sort of "honest work" do you think they are qualified?

Then it would behoove them to go out and get productive work.

Making appeals to emotions is the tactic of the statist authoritarian who feeds the parasite class.

Why is it that when I ask:

You say "productive work."

Where? Doing WHAT??? For WHO??

None have education for productive work.

None have ever produced anything.

And you want to turn them all lose, without a paycheck, between Baltimore and NYC.

Shouldn't we build a few prisons first?

sheesh.....

No worker that begins in the private sector has EXPERIENCE in making a profit when they first begin, and MOST in retail have no idea how to make a profit when they end their careers as well....all you can train for... is to be PRODUCTIVE, and this productivity will turn in to profit....it is their job to be productive

it is NOT their JOB to be profitable....that's the job of Manager or Director or Merchandiser/Buyer or VP..... just a handful of people at most, in every company, are responsible for profitability.

it IS the worker's job to do WHAT THEY ARE INSTRUCTED to do by the owners or manager...

Every employee whether gvt or private ARE TAUGHT their job duties....enough to make them productive in what they do.... it does NOT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST to do most of the jobs in America....

if they are not productive, then they lose their jobs and move on to another job....

that's life kiddo.

We are talking about putting people back to work, but first we have got to stop the economy from collapsing. Then we can talk about growth.

The economy is still collapsing. Do not believe all of the lies of the administration. The GDP numbers were bought with Federal Stimulus spending, but few were put back to work by that spending.

The FED is giving out free money to the BigBanks, so they can invest in the stock market (Zero Interest Loans are free money). So the Big Banks are using that money to put into stocks and into government bonds and notes. Meanwhile the UI claims for the past three months have been almost ten Million people.

Obama says overall Unemployment is not rising, but he has cut seven million people from the workforce. Actual unemployment is well over 27 percent. It is all going to hell and people think we are in a recovery. A rising stock market is not a recovery. It is just a bubble. In this case the bubble is the greatest in American history when you compare stock price to present P/E. The Damn Dam is going to burst soon.

Then it would behoove them to go out and get productive work.

Making appeals to emotions is the tactic of the statist authoritarian who feeds the parasite class.

And you want to turn them all lose, without a paycheck, between Baltimore and NYC.

sheesh.....

No worker that begins in the private sector has EXPERIENCE in making a profit when they first begin, and MOST in retail have no idea how to make a profit when they end their careers as well....all you can train for... is to be PRODUCTIVE, and this productivity will turn in to profit....it is their job to be productive

it is NOT their JOB to be profitable....that's the job of Manager or Director or Merchandiser/Buyer or VP..... just a handful of people at most, in every company, are responsible for profitability.

it IS the worker's job to do WHAT THEY ARE INSTRUCTED to do by the owners or manager...

Every employee whether gvt or private ARE TAUGHT their job duties....enough to make them productive in what they do.... it does NOT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST to do most of the jobs in America....

if they are not productive, then they lose their jobs and move on to another job....

that's life kiddo.

I suppose they could sell shoes......:tongue:

Putting people back to work is how we stop the economy from collapsing.

If millions of unemployed Americans are put to work repairing our infrastructure and their pay comes from government created dollars that are SPENT not LOANED into circulation, only Wall Street and the Fed have to worry about collapse (and prison)

The same way private bankers, like those Fed shareholders, do:

"The central bank's most mysterious power--to create money with a few computer keystrokes--is dauntingly complicated, and the mechanics are not widely understood.

"But the essential thing to understand is that this power relies on democratic consent--the people's trust, their willingness to accept the currency and use it in exchange....

"Newly created money is often called the 'pure credit' of the nation. In principle, it exists for the benefit of all." (William Greider@The Nation.com>"Dismantling the Temple" 7/15/09)

If trillions of debt-free dollars start flowing into the pockets of millions of unemployed Americans, the demand for goods and services will rise along with the increase in the money supply.

Hence, inflation won't be the big problem.

*Cough* Mysteriously Created Money is created via the three methods I noted above. You are advocating a horribly inflationary policy.

One aspect to which you are obviously oblivious is that taxes that are originally justified as being For The Rich, end up being moved down to the middle and working classes. There aren't enough Rich To Soak to cover Big Government's aspirations.

Proof? Look at the top marginal rates for income taxes. When the tax was passed in 1913, the top marginal rate was 7% on income over $500,000 (in 1913 dollars). In today's dollars, that income level would be $7.5M.

Let's take a look at what someone at $60,000 level in constant 2010 dollars would pay, keeping it simple, using the standard deduction of $11,400 (for married filing jointly):

Under the 2010 table:

Gross income $60,000
Deductions $11,400
Taxable Income $48,600
Fed. Inc. Tax $6,452
Effective Rate 10.75%

Under the 1913 tax table (no deductions, I don' have that info)

Gross Income $4,000
In 2010 $$ $60,000

Tax rate 1% (applies to first $20,000 of 1913 $$)
Fed Inc. Tax $600

I don't know what type of New New Math you learned, but when I was in grade school, we learned that 10.75% is greater than 1%

That 1% rate in 1913 was on income up to $438K in 2010 $$. Funny how the rates have gotten much larger at lower levels of income today.

The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2010

Last edited:

sheesh.....

that's life kiddo.

hahahahahahahahaha!

But there really is good money in it, since it is one of the only areas of retail that pays their employees on commission verses just an hourly wage....as most other retail positions, other than maybe men's suits, they could still be on commission.

The more you hustle....the more you make....a good waitress will be a good shoe sales person, a good college student in need of money will be a great shoe sales person...a good administrative assistant will be a good shoe person as well and a good retired ex store owner will be a good shoe salesperson....teachers on christmas break and summer break make good shoe sales associates...I've had them all.

people do what they gotta do, to make money....

in shoes, it is not uncommon for some sales people, to commission and make more than the college degree manager gets paid in salary to run the joint, working 50 hours a week.

it is a great part time job, for any one, because you can actually make some money at it, without burning too many braincells! hahahahahaha! Just need to hustle....

sheesh.....

that's life kiddo.

hahahahahahahahaha!

But there really is good money in it, since it is one of the only areas of retail that pays their employees on commission verses just an hourly wage....as most other retail positions, other than maybe men's suits, they could still be on commission.

The more you hustle....the more you make....a good waitress will be a good shoe sales person, a good college student in need of money will be a great shoe sales person...a good administrative assistant will be a good shoe person as well and a good retired ex store owner will be a good shoe salesperson....teachers on christmas break and summer break make good shoe sales associates...I've had them all.

in shoes, it is not uncommon for some sales people, to commission and make more than the college degree manager gets paid in salary to run the joint, working 50 hours a week.

it is a great part time job, for any one, because you can actually make some money at it, without burning too many braincells! hahahahahaha! Just need to hustle....

For some reason, I'll always picture Al Bundy whenever I think of Care4all.:redface:

Proof? Look at the top marginal rates for income taxes. When the tax was passed in 1913, the top marginal rate was 7% on income over $500,000 (in 1913 dollars). In today's dollars, that income level would be $7.5M.

Let's take a look at what someone at $60,000 level in constant 2010 dollars would pay, keeping it simple, using the standard deduction of $11,400 (for married filing jointly):

Under the 2010 table:

Gross income $60,000
Deductions $11,400
Taxable Income $48,600
Fed. Inc. Tax $6,452
Effective Rate 10.75%

Under the 1913 tax table (no deductions, I don' have that info)

Gross Income $4,000
In 2010 $$ $60,000

Tax rate 1% (applies to first $20,000 of 1913 $$)
Fed Inc. Tax $600

I don't know what type of New New Math you learned, but when I was in grade school, we learned that 10.75% is greater than 1%

That 1% rate in 1913 was on income up to $438K in 2010 $$. Funny how the rates have gotten much larger at lower levels of income today.

The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2010

Ya get all them numbers in your purdy little head, darlin'?

:tongue:

Last edited:

hahahahahahahahaha!

For some reason, I'll always picture Al Bundy whenever I think of Care4all.:redface:

I was al bundy's boss's boss's boss....;)

:lol: I almost did mention him in my previous post!

(1) THE FAIR TAX!
(2) UHC
(3) Memorandum on Property Tax decreases!
(4) REALLY combatting illegal immigration!

Forum List

Back