In your opinion, does a woman who is being raped have the right to use deadly force on her rapist?

You are changing the subject, this thread is not about the right to defend oneself, but if Deadly Force is justified in self-defense. Your post is # 105 in this thread, you have not figured out what is being discussed, deadly force?

I'm not changing the subject at all. You're trying to obfuscate the subject.

If someone tries to sexually assault me, I'm going to defend myself. I'm going to stop them any way I can. I'm not going to sit there and endure rape while using my smartphone to google search the legal penalty for a rape conviction and then calculate the appropriate amount of force that equals the legal penalty.

What you don't seem to understand is that the right to self defense is an inherent right that is not predicated upon the law criminalizing the act against which I am defending. Even if rape were entirely legal, the right to defend one's self against rape would still remain perfectly intact.
Actually, my point went right overhead, the punishment is disproportionate to the crime.

If you do not support the death penalty, you can not support the use of deadly force to prevent rape.

I state my post, as written, so idiots who do not believe in the death penalty are forced to think about the contradiction.

You state something else which was a bit off, I let that go.

If you must defend yourself with deadly force, then the punishment for the criminal is death, if they happen to live and get convicted.

Sorry I did not make it clear, but I was making a point and challenging those who oppose the death penalty.

We should experiment on them before we kill them. Let they serve some good before they go.
My Grandpa said it best, keep them in cooled padded cell so they do not hurt their body parts, and when somebody needs a kidney, an eye, any transplant, we have the spare parts, until they simply run out of parts to give, then they are dead.

I say Death Penalty for rape, kidnapping, or simply breaking into someones home.

The Constitution was written with protections against cruel and unusual punishment precisely to prevent assholes like you and your Nazi grandfather.

When harvesting parts you give them anestesia and you don't torture them but you do make use of their kidneys heart etc.

Right now we put people to death and their organs go wasted.

If someone tries to sexually assault me, I'm going to defend myself. I'm going to stop them any way I can. I'm not going to sit there and endure rape while using my smartphone to google search the legal penalty for a rape conviction and then calculate the appropriate amount of force that equals the legal penalty.

What you don't seem to understand is that the right to self defense is an inherent right that is not predicated upon the law criminalizing the act against which I am defending. Even if rape were entirely legal, the right to defend one's self against rape would still remain perfectly intact.
Actually, my point went right overhead, the punishment is disproportionate to the crime.

If you do not support the death penalty, you can not support the use of deadly force to prevent rape.

I state my post, as written, so idiots who do not believe in the death penalty are forced to think about the contradiction.

If you must defend yourself with deadly force, then the punishment for the criminal is death, if they happen to live and get convicted.

Sorry I did not make it clear, but I was making a point and challenging those who oppose the death penalty.

We should experiment on them before we kill them. Let they serve some good before they go.
My Grandpa said it best, keep them in cooled padded cell so they do not hurt their body parts, and when somebody needs a kidney, an eye, any transplant, we have the spare parts, until they simply run out of parts to give, then they are dead.

I say Death Penalty for rape, kidnapping, or simply breaking into someones home.

The Constitution was written with protections against cruel and unusual punishment precisely to prevent assholes like you and your Nazi grandfather.

When harvesting parts you give them anestesia and you don't torture them but you do make use of their kidneys heart etc.

Right now we put people to death and their organs go wasted.
SO?

It's not your decision what people do with their own body parts

Yesterday on pbs they were talking to gangs in new Orleans about revenge killings. Most of them believe this generation is lost. No hope. I say we should round up these murderers before they can have any more kids and fuck up the next generation. And if there is no hope for them to rehabilitate why spend $30k a year housing and feeding them and get nothing out of it? They can make up for their murders by saving lives with their body parts.

I'm serious. I'd rather them than a poor beagle or monkey.

^^^This fool^^^ wants to play god.

Yesterday on pbs they were talking to gangs in new Orleans about revenge killings. Most of them believe this generation is lost. No hope. I say we should round up these murderers before they can have any more kids and fuck up the next generation. And if there is no hope for them to rehabilitate why spend $30k a year housing and feeding them and get nothing out of it? They can make up for their murders by saving lives with their body parts.

No kill them then let god sort them out

You are changing the subject, this thread is not about the right to defend oneself, but if Deadly Force is justified in self-defense. Your post is # 105 in this thread, you have not figured out what is being discussed, deadly force?

Not breaking into homes because people get desperate.

Harvesting organs by force, even if it's done to convicts, is the very definition of a slippery slope into a sickened society that treats people as commodities. I hope to never see the day when you Nazis start getting into power again.

You're going to stand before a holy God someday yourself. I think that will be a dreadful day for you.

Harvesting organs by force, even if it's done to convicts, is the very definition of a slippery slope into a sickened society that treats people as commodities. I hope to never see the day when you Nazis start getting into power again.
You should thank the Nazis. They figured out stuff we would have never figured out had they not experimented on living people.

I don't see the problem experimenting on Jeffrey Dahmer.

What a waste his organs went with him to hell.

You're going to stand before a holy God someday yourself. I think that will be a dreadful day for you.

There is no god. And you'll have to explain why you werent in church this morning.

You should thank the Nazis. They figured out stuff we would have never figured out had they not experimented on living people.

I don't see the problem experimenting on Jeffrey Dahmer.

What a waste his organs went with him to hell.
^^^^^ Very sick, twisted, evil individual.

There is no god. And you'll have to explain why you werent in church this morning.

Your disbelief in a holy God will not save you from eternal hell fire.

Anything that would burn someone for eternity is sick and evil. Has no compassion and talk about not forgiving. Not even after half eternity? You're just dumb. I laugh at you.

You think me taking Jeff Dahmer's liver is evil and your god burns people forever? Your god is the definition of evil. Fuck your god. Fuck him!

Anything that would burn someone for eternity is sick and evil. Has no compassion and talk about not forgiving. Not even after half eternity? You're just dumb. I laugh at you.

You think me taking Jeff Dahmer's liver is evil and your god burns people forever? Your god is the definition of evil. Fuck your god. Fuck him!

Nonetheless you will face him in judgment. We all will.

Not if he doesn't exist and he doesn't.

You think too much of yourself to think a heaven is waiting for you. And stupid.

It should say in the beginning god made man...stupid.

Good point. If its OK to kill someone trying to rape you why can't society kill them after the fact?

So, you want capital punishment for B&E?
Let's say someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night. Are you going to be comfortably sure that all they want is a few dollars in cash and your flat screen? Or do you think, "Hey! This is someone with obviously no regard for the law. He may just rape my daughter or shoot my son."
I believe once he's in your home, it's apparent that he is dangerous and prudent to end the threat.

Good point. If its OK to kill someone trying to rape you why can't society kill them after the fact?

So, you want capital punishment for B&E?
Let's say someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night. Are you going to be comfortably sure that all they want is a few dollars in cash and your flat screen? Or do you think, "Hey! This is someone with obviously no regard for the law. He may just rape my daughter or shoot my son."
I believe once he's in your home, it's apparent that he is dangerous and prudent to end the threat.

If someone breaks into another person's home, they deserve whatever lead salad they are served. But you're missing my point. Sealy is arguing that if lethal force is appropriate for self defense, then capital punishment is an appropriate criminal punishment.

Forum List

Back