In defense of Ivanka Trump's advice that the unemployed "find something new"

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Ivanka said, "
"Now, as a result of Covid, people need to, unfortunately, in some cases learn a completely new skill," said Trump on Tuesday during the launch. "But that is also an opportunity to be put on for a new trajectory for themselves and their lives and we want to facilitate that connection back to the workforce and make it as smooth as possible."
As a Joe Biden supporter, I would like to say that it is very unfair for people to criticize Ivanka Trump for telling the unemployed to find a new work path.
Joe Biden told coal workers to learn how to code.
Ivanka Trump is it simply echoing Joe on this one. And Joe was right.
She made sense.
Like Joe.

Last edited:
I love how the right wingers are defending Ivanka for saying what she said...when they bitched about Hillary Clinton saying the same thing in 1995. I love the short memories in this country.

Why are you posting about Ivanka instead of Biden?
She's not running for anything, but Biden is.
Try bragging on the 78 year old senile gaffe machine for a few posts.

I love how the right wingers are defending Ivanka for saying what she said...when they bitched about Hillary Clinton saying the same thing in 1995. I love the short memories in this country.
Look up the word, "context". It will do wonders for your vocabulary.

Ivanka needs no defense. What she said was entirely appropriate.

When HRC made her remarks as Hillary-Care was about to be rolled out, it was in response to criticisms that her plan would put thousands of small businesses out of business. That is to say, she was proposing to do something INTENTIONALLY that would throw millions out of work and saying, in effect, let them eat cake. The situation today is that millions are out of work - and their jobs likely will not come back in the foreseeable future, if ever, through no fault of anybodyy - and many will have no choice but to follow a different path.

Ivanka said, "
"Now, as a result of Covid, people need to, unfortunately, in some cases learn a completely new skill," said Trump on Tuesday during the launch. "But that is also an opportunity to be put on for a new trajectory for themselves and their lives and we want to facilitate that connection back to the workforce and make it as smooth as possible."
As a Joe Biden supporter, I would like to say that it is very
unfair for people to criticize Ivanka Trump for telling the unemployed to find a new work path.
She made sense.
Like Joe.

She’s an unelected, worthless, silver spoon in her mouth, done nothing dumb blonde. In economic times as bad as the Great Depression, with her dads money, her “echo” is insulting.
Joe put 2 trillion behind his coming program, with a plan to jobs, not a BS unrealistic slogan.

Why are you posting about Ivanka instead of Biden?
She's not running for anything, but Biden is.
Try bragging on the 78 year old senile gaffe machine for a few posts.

Because the OP title is about Ivanka. Not Biden.
Thou shalt not post threads about Queen Ivanka.
Ivanka said, "
As a Joe Biden supporter, I would like to say that it is very
unfair for people to criticize Ivanka Trump for telling the unemployed to find a new work path.
She made sense.
Like Joe.

She’s an unelected, worthless, silver spoon in her mouth, done nothing dumb blonde. In economic times as bad as the Great Depression, with her dads money, her “echo” is insulting.
Joe put 2 trillion behind his coming program, with a plan to jobs, not a BS unrealistic slogan.
Two Trillion what? Sea-shells?

Ivanka is a dyed in the wool liberal, who happens to be right on this issue. The governors of this country have fucked a lot of people and they're going to have to learn to adapt because that shit isn't coming back.

Joe? He's going to defund the police, sniff a few crotches, and call it a day. Whoever is running his shitshow is going to have to figure out how do deal with this, if he managed to convince enough retards to vote for Biden.

Actually, Ms. Trump is spot on correct. The economy is changing due to the pandemic, and if you are in the hospitality or tourism racket or brick-and-mortar retail, "Finding something new" is what most people have to do. I suppose if you are old and well off enough to retire, you don't need to. But for most, the advice is sound.

I remember the steel collapse. Guys getting laid off by the thousands at US Steel and Youngstown Sheet and Tube and dozens of other firms that supported these giants. Those who recognized early that it was time to switch gears did a whole lot better than those who stuck around through the 80's and 90's waiting for a steel resurgence.

Forum List

Back