Impeachment, slippery slopes, and Harry Reid

Does anyone think Harry Reid regrets running with the Nuclear Option? I sure do.

Democrats, do you think we'll see far more impeachments and calls for impeachment of Democratic Presidents in the future now?

Republicans, do you think a Democratic President will blatantly use the power of his office to protect himself and his actions in the future?

Slippery slopes. Lowered standards. Be careful what you ask for. Thinking short term can bite you square in the ass.

Do you even care?

Haven't we already had democrat presidents who shield themselves from any consequences? I find the argument of balance of power between branches interesting. I thought the democrat argument was embarrassing this time, saying Trump was not allowed to appeal to the court. Personally, I do not think a president is being a tyrant or king for exercising foreign policy. That is his job.
Great. Let's remember you said that when Democratic President is in office.

There were lots of republicans complaining about Obama's foreign policy (Iran Nuke deal for example) but there was no impeachment.

The next Republican house needs to start the impeachment process immediately after inauguration of the next Democrat. If they're weak and not up to the task they need to be voted out.

Does anyone think Harry Reid regrets running with the Nuclear Option? I sure do.

Democrats, do you think we'll see far more impeachments and calls for impeachment of Democratic Presidents in the future now?

Republicans, do you think a Democratic President will blatantly use the power of his office to protect himself and his actions in the future?

Slippery slopes. Lowered standards. Be careful what you ask for. Thinking short term can bite you square in the ass.

Do you even care?

What does the Nuclear Option have to do with Impeachment procedures? It only has to do with Judicial appointments.

What powers has Trump used that weren't used by Obama, or by a more limited about by GWB?

Do you even care?

Haven't we already had democrat presidents who shield themselves from any consequences? I find the argument of balance of power between branches interesting. I thought the democrat argument was embarrassing this time, saying Trump was not allowed to appeal to the court. Personally, I do not think a president is being a tyrant or king for exercising foreign policy. That is his job.

There were lots of republicans complaining about Obama's foreign policy (Iran Nuke deal for example) but there was no impeachment.

Agreed. That was basically a Treaty that never went before the Senate for approval because of ?????

Do you even care?

Agreed. That was basically a Treaty that never went before the Senate for approval because of ?????

Because the Senate would have voted it down.

Do you even care?

Because the Senate would have voted it down.

Agreed. Still the treaty should have been null and void. The Senate should have called for such via the Supreme Court.

Funny you direct this at the Republicans,.........Your skirt is showing again........

Tell me about Fast and Furious and Eric Holder..............and how a Court didn't recognize the Executive Powers on Gun Running to Cartels in Mexico.........Congress later held Eric .....who resigned in Contempt of Congress ............whoopty fing do...........same as the current Impeachment,,,,,,,,,,

Of course we could get into a lot of dirty dealing under the Obama Administration and ABUSE OF POWER.....IRS.......and plenty more.

C10YtmAVEAEAk3f.jpg
Apparently Donnie is worse then W and O, yet those two were disgusting war criminals of the highest order. They weren’t impeached. Amazingly.

It could be if the potus isn’t of, by, and for the ruling class, he gets impeached.
Now that "O" is gone and got his Prog agendas through, the Prog automotrons can diss him. Progs can not do that. They think one way. Non Progs including Dem voters think multiple ways.

Do you even care?
the power of the presidency is written in the constitution. I believe in that document. I can't see how a president could ever abuse that power. We have the judicial to take any EO to hold up. it was done against trump many times. I think impeachment is merely a partisan practice period. In all of history. There are other ways to remove a president within the constitution if there is a crime.

Do you even care?

Mac, there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. I know you don't believe it, but Ukraine is a big key to everything. If you doubt me, just consider----------->only 1 party was interested in Russia, yet BOTH of them are interested in Ukraine. Seems strange, doesn't it?

I do not know the outcome of this disaster will be this year, but history is going to tell us the story eventually. To late to solve our current problems if they don't do it soon, but at least the people from one or the other party; or possibly both, will have egg all over their faces eventually!

Do you even care?

Will they learn a lesson?

No, and when another idealist Democrat win the Electoral College and the House is GOP expect another Impeachment round...

I just hope the Democrat President stay away from fat women in blue dresses and releases the aid and uses back channels to get information on their opponents...

Do you even care?

What does the Nuclear Option have to do with Impeachment procedures? It only has to do with Judicial appointments.

What powers has Trump used that weren't used by Obama, or by a more limited about by GWB?
I made it clear: The slippery slope argument.

Do you even care?

Why not go back to Borking or what happened to Clarence Thomas during his hearings?

Funny you direct this at the Republicans,.........Your skirt is showing again........

Tell me about Fast and Furious and Eric Holder..............and how a Court didn't recognize the Executive Powers on Gun Running to Cartels in Mexico.........Congress later held Eric .....who resigned in Contempt of Congress ............whoopty fing do...........same as the current Impeachment,,,,,,,,,,

Of course we could get into a lot of dirty dealing under the Obama Administration and ABUSE OF POWER.....IRS.......and plenty more.

C10YtmAVEAEAk3f.jpg
Apparently Donnie is worse then W and O, yet those two were disgusting war criminals of the highest order. They weren’t impeached. Amazingly.

It could be if the potus isn’t of, by, and for the ruling class, he gets impeached.
Now that "O" is gone and got his Prog agendas through, the Prog automotrons can diss him. Progs can not do that. They think one way. Non Progs including Dem voters think multiple ways.
What prog agenda? He governed nearly identically to asshole W.

Do you even care?

Why not go back to Borking or what happened to Clarence Thomas during his hearings?
That has nothing to do with my point, but go ahead.

Do you even care?

it actually does. If one wants to point to a "slippery slope" of the Senate going downhill, there are multiple uphill points to start at.

As usual, the Babylon Bee has a good take on the situation:

Dems Who Ran Sham Impeachment Hearings Shocked As Republicans Run Sham Impeachment Trial

Democratic leaders in the House called on their Republican colleagues in the Senate to run a fair and thorough impeachment trial instead of a farce as they did when they held impeachment hearings.

"We demand Republicans take this seriously and not make this into a circus as we did," Pelosi said sternly. "I would hope the Senate would carry out their solemn duty and not make this a big charade, you know, as we did in the House."

Do you even care?

it actually does. If one wants to point to a "slippery slope" of the Senate going downhill, there are multiple uphill points to start at.

Dems Who Ran Sham Impeachment Hearings Shocked As Republicans Run Sham Impeachment Trial

Democratic leaders in the House called on their Republican colleagues in the Senate to run a fair and thorough impeachment trial instead of a farce as they did when they held impeachment hearings.

"We demand Republicans take this seriously and not make this into a circus as we did," Pelosi said sternly. "I would hope the Senate would carry out their solemn duty and not make this a big charade, you know, as we did in the House."
Okay, sounds good!

Okay, sounds good!

Why are you being all deflecty?

Okay, sounds good!

You're diluting the thread. That's up to you, but I'm not required to participate.

I asked specific questions that don't require dilution to be addressed as they are.

Okay, sounds good!

You're diluting the thread. That's up to you, but I'm not required to participate.

I asked specific questions that don't require dilution to be addressed as they are.

I did answer, and my answer is it didn't start with Reid. That you don't like the answer doesn't mean I am trying to "dilute" the thread.

Do you even care?

"Lowered standards"?
When that Kenyan hood rat wrote his own personal immigration law, issued his own weird form of citizenship, told the American people they had no right to sovereignty and that the people of the world have a right to their bank accounts...that standards bullshit kinda went away. Remember that?

Forum List

Back