Immigration & Politics

If the GOP were smart -- and I'm tempted to bold the word "if" and use the largest possible font -- they would avoid hysterics and hyperbole over Obama's immigration move and calmly and clearly point out the obvious:

Low-income Americans are about to see five million job competitors legalized. All at once.

Okay, proceed with the hysterics and hyperbole.

Low income Americans didn't want to do those jobs to start with.

right, because welfare pays better-----------do you see anything wrong with that?

And whose to say that the majority of low wage workers take those jobs? If so bad why would they? Why not just feast off of welfare if it beats working?

I'm missing the point here, these people are already here and are working already, they are contributing a lot more than our congress has in the past six years or even more. The right wing in America and its corporate sponsors love that the enemy is defined so they can outsource and hide their money off shore, meanwhile the wingnuts worry over other immigrants for we are all immigrants to the nation and to the world. Last I checked working people contribute more than talking people.

they are here ILLEGALLY, the violated our laws and entered our country illegally. Do you know what ILLEGAL means?

We have immigration laws, we are not enforcing them. No other country in the world does that.

WTF is wrong with you?

We're not enforcing them? On what planet?

deportations-obama-and-bush.png

If the GOP were smart -- and I'm tempted to bold the word "if" and use the largest possible font -- they would avoid hysterics and hyperbole over Obama's immigration move and calmly and clearly point out the obvious:

Low-income Americans are about to see five million job competitors legalized. All at once.

right, because welfare pays better-----------do you see anything wrong with that?

And whose to say that the majority of low wage workers take those jobs? If so bad why would they? Why not just feast off of welfare if it beats working?

thats exactly where we are. do you think thats good for the country?

If the Democrats were smart they would be hammering everyday on the House...that could pass an immigration reform bill today if the Boehner would just let it up for a full floor vote.

Americans want immigration reform.

You're right.. It's just not the Immigration reform you and Obama want.

I want the borders secured. I want those here on a visa leaving when their visa expires. I want those who are here illegally out of our schools, our hospitals, our welfare system.

I want the "Dreamers" to be unable to find employment, housing, and forced to self deport.

I want "Sanctuary" Cities and States to lose any and all Federal Money.

I want those who hire illegals dto lose their Government Contracts, Business Licenses, and have to pay huge fines.

I'm missing the point here, these people are already here and are working already, they are contributing a lot more than our congress has in the past six years or even more. The right wing in America and its corporate sponsors love that the enemy is defined so they can outsource and hide their money off shore, meanwhile the wingnuts worry over other immigrants for we are all immigrants to the nation and to the world. Last I checked working people contribute more than talking people.

they are here ILLEGALLY, the violated our laws and entered our country illegally. Do you know what ILLEGAL means?

We have immigration laws, we are not enforcing them. No other country in the world does that.

WTF is wrong with you?

please post a similar chart on the numbers of illegal entries by year. One facit of our immigration law is a secure border, we are not enforcing that.

Name one other country in the world that allows its borders to be crossed illegally by millions.

If the Democrats were smart they would be hammering everyday on the House...that could pass an immigration reform bill today if the Boehner would just let it up for a full floor vote.

Americans want immigration reform.

You're right.. It's just not the Immigration reform you and Obama want.

I want the borders secured. I want those here on a visa leaving when their visa expires. I want those who are here illegally out of our schools, our hospitals, our welfare system.

I want the "Dreamers" to be unable to find employment, housing, and forced to self deport.

I want "Sanctuary" Cities and States to lose any and all Federal Money.

I want those who hire illegals dto lose their Government Contracts, Business Licenses, and have to pay huge fines.

immigration reform to liberals means amnesty and open borders.

That has nothing to do with it. You get yet another A+ for missing the point entirely.

Congrats, Job.

I've finally determined that the intellectual capacity just isn't there.

Not one moment of thought given to wage structure.

If you support capitalism you support the rich to exploit the poorer against the poor...

Your perception of capitalism.

I know how much you folks dislike it, I get it.

Since I am an entrepreneur/self employed business owner, you don't know shit from shinola....I am the one doing the hiring and the last person I would hire is an illegal.

As a business owner with +/- 80 business owner clients - with whom I work very closely on their finances - I do happen to know shit from shinola.

And these five million are no longer going to be illegal.

That's the whole point.

Neither will they be full US citizens. They will, however, start paying more taxes instead of working "under the table".

So Mac, do you support the enforcement of immigration laws?

That has nothing to do with it. You get yet another A+ for missing the point entirely.

Congrats, Job.

Truth up. What you received is the canned answer from the left wing. To believe them there are jobs that are just waiting for low income people to work. Work that is not getting done today. Or that those same low income people are not going to take already exisisting jobs on the lower tier which Americans definitely work.

That said, what is your appraisal of why they are so intent on doing what Obama is doing? Do you really think it is nothing more then bring in voters?

Congrats, Job.

If you support capitalism you support the rich to exploit the poorer against the poor...

Since I am an entrepreneur/self employed business owner, you don't know shit from shinola....I am the one doing the hiring and the last person I would hire is an illegal.

As a business owner with +/- 80 business owner clients - with whom I work very closely on their finances - I do happen to know shit from shinola.

That's the whole point.

Neither will they be full US citizens. They will, however, start paying more taxes instead of working "under the table".

You mean to tell me that he flood that the DHS is expecting are already working paying taxes? If anyone is working and not paying taxes then their employers need to be put in jail, that would stop the enslavement of so many illegals.

Congrats, Job.

That's the whole point.

americans don't want amnesty
americans don't want our border open
americans don't want to allow illegals to be able to stay here while the left manipulates the laws to gain millions of new voters.

close the border.
deport all illegals.
problem solved.

WTF is wrong with you?

please post a similar chart on the numbers of illegal entries by year. One facit of our immigration law is a secure border, we are not enforcing that.

Name one other country in the world that allows its borders to be crossed illegally by millions.

Millions Fishy? Did someone have hyperbole flakes for breakfast? You want those stats, you go find them and post them.

CNN Fact Check: Illegal border crossings at lowest levels in 40 years

I love how Seawytch continues to spread the lie that Obama is deporting more people... When the numbers she uses included people refused entry at the border.. something never counted before.

Then they don't look at how many illegals Obama has allowed to stay or those who have come here because of Obama's policies.. Both numbers would be much, much higher than the same numbers under President Bush.

Using numbers to spread lies.. A Liberal specialty for decades.

Says who? I see Americans working them everyday. I guess what you are saying is what I suspected, the only reason the democrats are for this is because it is modern slavery. Low paid no benefit jobs.

Except that the illegals are making much better money here than they would have in Mexico. Where they also would have no benefits and possibly no job either.

Talk to a roofer. No way would that make as much money in Mexico. What the ones I have met do, is work till the weather gets cold. They sent half their earnings back home and live like kings during our winter months. Then they come back and do it again.

Here they have work. And if they fall off a roof, they still get medical care.

Do you also want to pay increased labor rates for all the construction industry? Cause that's what would happen.
Your 6 thousand dollar roof just went to 10k. I am good with that but are you?

WTF is wrong with you?

Millions Fishy? Did someone have hyperbole flakes for breakfast? You want those stats, you go find them and post them.

CNN Fact Check: Illegal border crossings at lowest levels in 40 years

There are millions of illegals in america...even the government doesn't deny that. They can't. Estimates are 20 million or more...no one knows though..because they are illegal and have been purposely allowed to infiltrate and help undermine our country.
It's a fact. Your jr high school "debate tactics" and chanting "prove it" isn't going to work this time.

Do you also want to pay increased labor rates for all the construction industry? Cause that's what would happen.
unfounded speculation and excuses.

This has nothing to do with economics, and Our Beloved President doesn't give a rat's ass about the job prospects of those Americans at the bottom level - largely his "Soul Brothers," if you will.

It is all about accelerating the day when all of these pathetic fuckers can graduate to the status of Reliable Democrat Voters. And since Barry knows that many of the illegals whom he will try to convert to "legals" will be heavily reliant on the Government's capacious teats, they will indeed be Democrats.

Nothing else is in play here.

And as for the "capitalists," I regret to say that in my experience "illegals" work longer and harder, and complain much less about their troubles than do our American compatriots at The Bottom. So why wouldn't they be hired first?

Obama is drawing a line in the sand on immigration

How will Republicans react? So far it is temper tantrums and threats but no alternative immigration policy. If they want to say fuck-you to the hispanic population and rally around the isolationists...then go for it
Obamas actions are considered fair and reasonable by the Hispanic population. If Republicans want to allow the hate rhetoric and isolationist elements of their party emerge, they will lose the hispanic vote for a generation

unfounded speculation and excuses.

No its not. Try using Google. Look up illegals and the construction industry. See what people in the industry say would happen with out illegals doing so much of the work that you can't get poor Americans to do.

And the problem is that for around 100 dollars a day, you can get a Mexican that works hard and is good at the job.

For 100 dollars a day for an American poor person, you would be lucky if they came back from lunch. Let alone know what they are doing.

The welfare state has disincentivized (that ain't a word) the working poor American. They think they shouldn't have to work so damn hard for 100 bucks.

At least that's been my experience.

This is an argument that is continuously made. It was made as recently as 2006.
U.S. economy gets lift from immigrants though some hurt - May. 1 2006

You won't see many conservatives address this issue because they might have to backtrack on other issues. Right now they are only willing to discuss unskilled workers. The biggest mistake that they made was tying it into fear and racism. The reality is that you have had displaced low wage workers for over 20 years.

Forum List

Back