im trippin out guys

Sounds wonderful. :hyper:

I still prefer egg and chips.
I like eggs

Figuring out how to take that. Knowing you.
LOL i meant just regular eggs.. omelets, fried, scrambled.. IDC
I dont have those chickens for ornaments! lol

That's what I meant. :cool-45:

Question: why do you put eggs in the fridge?

We refrigerate eggs in the US because they are washed before selling. This removes the coating eggs have on them when hatched causing them to spoil if left unrefrigerated.

I'd heard you did something weird with them.

what size cast iron pot do you need? you pay the shipping each way cause i want my cast iron back....

TNHarley

It would probably be cheaper for him to just buy one. You don't need a super expensive one.
Beans have to be in the beanpot. It's not the pot, it's the years of gudge baked into the sides. It tastes better. Cast iron can work, as long as it's what you've been using right along, but up here, we use

View attachment 186847

I use my grandmother's.
Cast iron must be chosen carefully and seasoned carefully. Meanwhile, what you say is all very heartwarming. But your grandma didn't make Cowboy beans she made Yankee beans.:10:
Oh. Cowboy beans are different? I never had them. You still have to cook them, don't you?

what size cast iron pot do you need? you pay the shipping each way cause i want my cast iron back....

TNHarley

It would probably be cheaper for him to just buy one. You don't need a super expensive one.
Beans have to be in the beanpot. It's not the pot, it's the years of gudge baked into the sides. It tastes better. Cast iron can work, as long as it's what you've been using right along, but up here, we use

View attachment 186847

I use my grandmother's.
Cast iron must be chosen carefully and seasoned carefully. Meanwhile, what you say is all very heartwarming. But your grandma didn't make Cowboy beans she made Yankee beans.:10:
Oh. Cowboy beans are different? I never had them. You still have to cook them, don't you?
Yes, Yankee Pot o Beans, cowboys cook theirs.

Well just got an update. Things have changed for this year. Its money for wvery entry. Im not paying to do sides. I am going to do 2 meats. Chicken and either prime rib pork loin or ribs.
Chicken and ribs are the "special class" and pay 300 to the winner. Regular classes pay like 150 or 2.
I make a crazy good smoked chicken. I know exactly when to pull it off :)
Got some more thinking to do on the other meat

Well just got an update. Things have changed for this year. Its money for wvery entry. Im not paying to do sides. I am going to do 2 meats. Chicken and either prime rib pork loin or ribs.
Chicken and ribs are the "special class" and pay 300 to the winner. Regular classes pay like 150 or 2.

Now you at least have a target list.
I'd go yardbird and ribs.
What type of ribs by the way? I have a killer recipe for Dino bones(beef short ribs)

upload_2018-4-10_18-53-23.png

upload_2018-4-10_18-54-58.png

The last photo shows the stall in vivid detail.
Note the dark smoke stains on the bone,then the quick exposer of the white bone after the stall.
This occurs when the meat reaches the temp to start out putting moisture which cools the meat.
When you get past that point the meat retreats rapidly on the bone.
This obviously pertains to boneless cuts such as brisket but with a different tell.

What type of ribs by the way? I have a killer recipe for Dino bones(beef short ribs)

View attachment 187272
View attachment 187274

Note the dark smoke stains on the bone,then the quick exposer of the white bone after the stall.
This occurs when the meat reaches the temp to start out putting moisture which cools the meat.
This obviously pertains to boneless cuts such as brisket but with a different tell.

Oh....if you havent done these they taste like brisket yet are far more rich!!
Think of them as the baby back of the pig rib that takes way longer to cook.

View attachment 187272
View attachment 187274

Oh i love doing beef ribs. They are the best. I just dont do them much because it takes so many to fill everyone up lol

View attachment 187272
View attachment 187274

Oh i love doing beef ribs. They are the best. I just dont do them much because it takes so many to fill everyone up lol

Those two three bone racks will feed six people.
The bones are damn near as thick as my wrist.

I hope you make a fool of yourself and come in last place.
It's 50/50....the kind of odds that are fun!
Oh go hang a ****** or somethin, ya party pooper

I am hopeful that you will make a decent showing!
I covered a chili cook off for some paper at some point. Those people got kinda tense about things!

You have no idea!!
In my few years of competition I saw many weird things.
The judges would walk around as party goers and test you on your hospitality,that being a big thing in Texas.
They'd also ask questions about your methods in an attempt to trip you up and disqualify you.

I havent asked ya Dude...
Do you have adequate temp probes?

Like this brisket..
It requires a probe for the flat,the point and the deckle to be ready for the jiggle test.
Yes. I have a good one and he said his big grill has new thermostats

I havent asked ya Dude...
Do you have adequate temp probes?

Like this brisket..
It requires a probe for the flat,the point and the deckle to be ready for the jiggle test.
Yes. I have a good one and he said his big grill has new thermostats

While the pit temp is obviously important you're gonna need a shitload of internal meat probes.
I use two for a yardbird(for every bird if it's competition) same goes with my briskets only it's three probes per.

Ya base your entries off of multiple birds,briskets and ribs based on the individual cooking progress of individual parts thus increasing your chances of getting the win.

We generally smoked four briskets,a half dozen yardbirds and a half dozen racks of the rib being judged be it pork or beef.

The thought being no piece of meat is the same no matter the label.

Forum List

Back