im trippin out guys

Said i can make anything as long as its cooked on a grill. Thinking about doing prjme rib smoked turkey grilled ceasar salad and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. But im not settled on it yet.
HereWeGoAgain you have experience with this.. would that be a good combo?
I don't know man. Ceasar salad on a grill seems just wrong somehow....

:1peleas:

:04:

you know their sorry asses are just doing shoulders

Pork shoulders are the easiest thing to BBQ no doubt.
Hell,my wife could do one.

Care to share your recipe?:5_1_12024:

It's really not that complicated.
Pick up a 5 to 6 lb. pork butt or shoulder.
Rub it down with you favorite pork rub,wrap tightly with saran wrap and put in the fridge overnight.
Get the pit to 225,I generally use a mixture of oak and pecan.
An hour our two into the smoke you need to spritz occasionally to help build bark.
I use a coke/apple juice mixture. Bring the internal temp to 190 to 195 ,wrap in foil and an old towel then place it in a cambro or ice chest for an hour.

Thats it other than a vinegar sauce and some coleslaw for your sandwich's.

Texans go nuts over briskets and butts.
I've been known to go nuts over a few butts too!

Said i can make anything as long as its cooked on a grill. Thinking about doing prjme rib smoked turkey grilled ceasar salad and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. But im not settled on it yet.

Its so good. Just toss the whole leafs in olive oil salt and pepper. MONEY

Well just got an update. Things have changed for this year. Its money for wvery entry. Im not paying to do sides. I am going to do 2 meats. Chicken and either prime rib pork loin or ribs.
Chicken and ribs are the "special class" and pay 300 to the winner. Regular classes pay like 150 or 2.
I make a crazy good smoked chicken. I know exactly when to pull it off :)
Got some more thinking to do on the other meat
Wait. You know exactly when to pull off your chicken?

Yikes....

:5_1_12024:
what size cast iron pot do you need? you pay the shipping each way cause i want my cast iron back....

TNHarley

It would probably be cheaper for him to just buy one. You don't need a super expensive one.
Beans have to be in the beanpot. It's not the pot, it's the years of gudge baked into the sides. It tastes better. Cast iron can work, as long as it's what you've been using right along, but up here, we use

View attachment 186847

I use my grandmother's.
Cast iron must be chosen carefully and seasoned carefully. Meanwhile, what you say is all very heartwarming. But your grandma didn't make Cowboy beans she made Yankee beans.:10:
Oh. Cowboy beans are different? I never had them. You still have to cook them, don't you?

You have to try Cowboy beans! You will love them! My DIL makes them especially for me.

3 kinds of beans, ground beef, brown sugar,etc. I do not have the complete recipe, just google Cowboy beans.

I want some now!

Spaghetti hamburgers??? Now you are just getting scary. :D
Do you not remember my thread about it? They were awesome

:dunno: I've participated in a LOT of food threads here, but now that you mention it, I think I remember something about you wanting to experiment with spaghetti hamburgers. I still haven't figured out WHY yet. :eek:

TNHarley experimenting with spaghetti hamburgers?

Now that should be good.

:popcorn:
It was actually. Mozzarella, spaghetti sauce and a patty. I made the bun from roman noodles.
Very fun dish

Never heard of Roman noodles.
Ramen, typo.

:dunno: I've participated in a LOT of food threads here, but now that you mention it, I think I remember something about you wanting to experiment with spaghetti hamburgers. I still haven't figured out WHY yet. :eek:

Now that should be good.

It was actually. Mozzarella, spaghetti sauce and a patty. I made the bun from roman noodles.
Very fun dish

81se0cOxtpL._SL1500_.jpg

Its a really cheap, gross noodle meal. I didnt use the seasonings so it was ok lol..
I tossed noodles with egg and fried them so they would stay together. It worked out great.

Those are good, crunched up in a salad,too.:)

Now that should be good.

Very fun dish

Ramen, typo.

I bet he did it on purpose.

Some of you know i love to cook. Some of you know i love to bbq. Well, i finally got asked!
Someone i know got a spot at the local bbq cook off. Fairly decent competition.. around 50 or so entries.. anyways, they asked me to cook and represent them.. idk the rules or anything yet. I didnt say yes.. i said let me think.
But i am SO giddy! I will be using his grill which is about 5ft by 10ft with a kitchen and patio. Amazing set up. About a 10k dollar rig..
I have never cooked with a system like this but i fully believe i can do well.
Im so excited but nervous.. lol like a little kid
Give me support bitches!

REPRESENT!!!

Its so good. Just toss the whole leafs in olive oil salt and pepper. MONEY
A smoky wilt. Sounds good to me.

Do it!

and have fun :re:
I need to! If i was to do well, it might give me the push to open a bar/grill that i always wanted
Win or lose you should open a BBQ place! Money in that,especially if you are in a small town!
Wishing success.
I wish he could just teach the new guy in our town how to cook. He opened a Barbecue joint last year and it SUCKS. Everything. I still don't know what the love of barbecue is about, because whatever shit he's making, I have a feeling even I could open a cook book and do better. At least with sides, for sure.
You might be able to earn a good living doing that, TN. Grill Master classes.

Do it!

I need to! If i was to do well, it might give me the push to open a bar/grill that i always wanted
Win or lose you should open a BBQ place! Money in that,especially if you are in a small town!
Wishing success.
I wish he could just teach the new guy in our town how to cook. He opened a Barbecue joint last year and it SUCKS. Everything. I still don't know what the love of barbecue is about, because whatever shit he's making, I have a feeling even I could open a cook book and do better. At least with sides, for sure.
I plan on being on tv shows by June. Thats my step 3 lol

Do it!

Wishing success.

America's got talent?

Do it!

Wishing success.
I'm laughing, but maybe I shouldn't.

Do it!

Wishing success.

America's got talent?
You really don't watch tv, do you?

Wishing success.

America's got talent?
You really don't watch tv, do you?

I really do. But not yours.

Forum List

Back