I'm saving my money and leaving the U.S.A.

Life has been harsh and cruel and I am not willing to raise a family in such conditions. Europe is my destination and my goal is Summer 2022. This move won't be easy but I can make it happen.

Advice for ex-pats in Europe? What are the best places for Americans to move to in Europe?
Go to UK if you don´t like language barriers. Americans like Germany, too. My advice though: Get a decent job. That is way more easy in the US.

Americans like Germany because everything is paid for.

Go to UK? Divided by a common language.
Really, they like all the free stuff? This forum gives a different impression...

In Germany, more Americans live off the US government, than on the economy.
Most are soldiers, I guess.

Not necessarily. Civilians, Attached to the military.

DODDS.

Life has been harsh and cruel and I am not willing to raise a family in such conditions. Europe is my destination and my goal is Summer 2022. This move won't be easy but I can make it happen.

Advice for ex-pats in Europe? What are the best places for Americans to move to in Europe?
Go to UK if you don´t like language barriers. Americans like Germany, too. My advice though: Get a decent job. That is way more easy in the US.

Really, they like all the free stuff? This forum gives a different impression...

DODDS.
Family, workers, sure. The military is just an employer though. Duty surely consumes more time than working in the economy.

DODDS.
Family, workers, sure. The military is just an employer though. Duty surely consumes more time than working in the economy.

Americans who live in Germany on the economy, will be liable for double tax. I know a few who have taken out German citizenship in order to avoid paying it.

DODDS.

Americans who live in Germany on the economy, will be liable for double tax. I know a few who have taken out German citizenship in order to avoid paying it.
It is a good regulation, I think. So many Germans avoid taxes by declaring they live abroad over the half of the year.

DODDS.

Americans pay double tax everywhere...

DODDS.

Americans pay double tax everywhere...

Yes, but we weren’t talking about everywhere.

I wonder if Meghan Markle has paid hers.

Poland is a tremendous place to more in Europe. Seems to be pretty reasonably priced. If you don't like Polish people, Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary are doing their best to have civilized societies.

The Polish language is very nuanced and difficult for someone my age to begin learning.

Polish president Andrzej Duda is Trump on steroids. If you don't want to live in an authoritarian plutocracy, just say no to both Poland and Hungary. My cousin lives in France outside of Paris and loves it there. Like me, she grew up in SoCal but has been there for 40 years now and would never consider returning.

I considered Poland a lot because on a personal level I can relate in many ways with the Polish mindset and attitude. One of my uncles is Polish descent and we always get along well. France though, maybe these problems there are exclusive to Paris, but my personal experience with France elitists in America and those problems I already mentioned makes me uncomfortable about going there at all. The French are huge, many in power around the world, many of them with a power hand in US politics and business. My personal intuition says no, not a good idea.

Well then move to the happiest country on Earth - Finland! ;)

Poland is a tremendous place to more in Europe. Seems to be pretty reasonably priced. If you don't like Polish people, Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary are doing their best to have civilized societies.

The Polish language is very nuanced and difficult for someone my age to begin learning.

Polish president Andrzej Duda is Trump on steroids. If you don't want to live in an authoritarian plutocracy, just say no to both Poland and Hungary. My cousin lives in France outside of Paris and loves it there. Like me, she grew up in SoCal but has been there for 40 years now and would never consider returning.

I considered Poland a lot because on a personal level I can relate in many ways with the Polish mindset and attitude. One of my uncles is Polish descent and we always get along well. France though, maybe these problems there are exclusive to Paris, but my personal experience with France elitists in America and those problems I already mentioned makes me uncomfortable about going there at all. The French are huge, many in power around the world, many of them with a power hand in US politics and business. My personal intuition says no, not a good idea.

They all look as though it’s a national day of mourning.

Morose.

Oh man, I am on the way to Finland maybe , 50/50 . i was there 1000 times as a guest , I am not sure if I have a choice , it´d be London or USA

Oh man, I am on the way to Finland maybe , 50/50 . i was there 1000 times as a guest , I am not sure if I have a choice , it´d be London or USA

There are other cities in the UK to choose from.

There are other cities in the UK to choose from.
I am a big city boy, so for me only capitals , except USA . unfortunately for me i can not buy a flat in London today even if i sell 2 my flats here

If you are insane, than move to EU.
Nowhere you can be save.
Europa is run by communist lunatics and will exist not longer as 10 - 15 years.( in the case of no forced vaccination )
I advise you to move to Dakotas, Wyoming or Texas, where you can still survive the red idiocy

And the monthly wage around € 1000 ( while having west-European prices )

Good luck. You may be in for a rude awakening.

Depends on what industry you are in or what your motives are. If you are a low performer, the U.K is a good place to go.

If you have ambition, it's best to stay in America and make it work. There is a reason all top citizens of the world head to America.

UK is a communist sh...hole, no comparison to the US

Germany has lots of Muslims who hate America.....

And the monthly wage around € 1000 ( while having west-European prices )

Not true, prices in towns like London, UK are much greater than in Krakow. And I've read enough Dickens to know that the people aren't really making a bundle in England.

Forum List

Back