I'm Not Really Sure Why I Have Received Comments That This Is Blasphemous

It's definitely Satan telling you that you can make up stories about God

Hey, Kosher, knock off the Hollier Than Thou BS. Now who pretends to speak for God? If FJB is inspired from within to bring news of God to more people in a creative way more people can relate to, who the heck are you to judge them-- -- from the internet of all places without even seeing first hand the effort.

Hey, Kosher, knock off the Hollier Than Thou BS. Now who pretends to speak for God? If FJB is inspired from within to bring news of God to more people in a creative way more people can relate to, who the heck are you to judge them-- -- from the internet of all places without even seeing first hand the effort.

Well He's alive in Heaven even though He's not on earth anymore
Jesus may not walk among us as a man, but he is still here in our hearts.

He possibly could drink beer since He drank wine.
Good observation. All I meant is that were Jesus walking among us today, he would be just as contemporary to the world of today as he was to Jerusalem 2000 years ago.

Jesus may not walk among us as a man, but he is still here in our hearts.

Good observation. All I meant is that were Jesus walking among us today, he would be just as contemporary to the world of today as he was to Jerusalem 2000 years ago.

Finally! Somebody else in this thread who gets it!! :happy-1:

Yeah. It sure shows. :71:

Yeah, otherwise they would know the importance of not judging others.

^^^^ From a guy (an atheist) who doesn't know the first thing about the nature of God! :lmao:
I grew up in a near-cult like atmosphere where religion was compulsory and often punitive. I was taken to church every time the doors opened. I didn't get away from all that hellfire bullshit until I moved out. I experienced Christianity as bad as it gets. Now tell me again I know nothing about God and his crappy fan-club.

I grew up in a near-cult like atmosphere where religion was compulsory and often punitive. I was taken to church every time the doors opened. I didn't get away from all that hellfire bullshit until I moved out. I experienced Christianity as bad as it gets. Now tell me again I know nothing about God and his crappy fan-club.

You know nothing about God and his crappy fan-club. All you know of is the world of stuffy organized religion. Being dragged to church, kneeling on pews, reciting verses from scripture, that all comes from the mind of man. That doesn't mean you experienced any oneness with the Father much less are privy to his thinking and wishes because that only comes from making yourself an empty vessel willingly allowing Him to come into and work THROUGH you.

Return to Go. Do not collect $200.

You know nothing about God and his crappy fan-club. All you know of is the world of stuffy organized religion. Being dragged to church, kneeling on pews, reciting verses from scripture, that all comes from the mind of man. That doesn't mean you experienced any oneness with the Father much less are privy to his thinking and wishes because that only comes from making yourself an empty vessel willingly allowing Him to come into and work THROUGH you.

Return to Go. Do not collect $200.
Do you think you've reached such an exalted state? That's funny. You seem to be as callous and self-righteous as any other hypocrite.

The biblical references that explain exactly why it's a big mistake to misrepresent God, particularly to children, are many and are quite explicit. I posted them above. I question anybody who says they can entice children to God better than God himself can, by using a *version* of God in non biblical stories.
That isn't Christianity. It's something else.

Well you never said that. So far in this whole entire thread you have been calling me and DJ blasphemous evil. If you would have only said that and left out the other stuff then I wouldn't have had any problems with it, because one does have to be careful and that's why if there is something in my mind that I don't think God would say and or goes against scripture I wouldn't have DJ say it. It doesn't have to be your cup of tea, but you also don't have to be so bitchy and disrespectful about it either.
You asked a question and I answered it. I'm not trying to be bitchy, I'm being straight. And straight up, be careful. If you truly are Christian and you are following God, then you should know what the problem is. If you have considered that and think you are STILL being prompted by GOD to present this parallel God well that's that. But if I had young kids still, I wouldn't let them anywhere near anything like that. Because it's not GOD. There's only one GOD and He's in the Bible.

Sigh,.. it looks like somebody is still jumping to conclusions and thinks that God is being misrepresented when they don't know anything about this. :sigh2:

The funny part that they're even wrong about it supposed to being for young children when the target audience (at least for one of my stories) was supposed to be for teenagers. XD I still don't see any problem with it at all so I don't understand what you're talking about and neither does toobfreak or RodISHI and as far as I can tell they're both Christians. (If they think this is bad, they would condemn me to Hell if they knew that I loved Halloween and Harry Potter. XD)

Somebody who I haven't heard from yet is JGalt and I'm really curious what he has to add about it.

Do you think you've reached such an exalted state? That's funny. You seem to be as callous and self-righteous as any other hypocrite.

Sorry unoccupied, no where have I made any claim about myself other than to tell you something so obvious that I shouldn't HAVE to tell you: that going through the motions of being dragged to sunday church bears no connection to actual inner, divine, spiritual experience.

Sorry unoccupied, no where have I made any claim about myself other than to tell you something so obvious that I shouldn't HAVE to tell you: that going through the motions of being dragged to sunday church bears no connection to actual inner, divine, spiritual experience.
I don't have the time or the wish to detail my spiritual journey though life with one as spitefully unsympathetic as you. I was once certain God was a real presence in my life as much as OP. My faith died by a thousand cuts as even my most selfless prayers went unanswered and the world continued to be a paradise for the wicked. No merciful loving God made this place where real virtue is synonymous with weakness.

it's a big mistake to misrepresent God
DEFINE:
  1. What constitutes misrepresenting God, especially if it brings some people (even 1) closer to God or at least into their life?
  2. Where God has been misrepresented here in this thread or anywhere you know of relating to USMB?
Now, what IS a serious problem is to intentionally or otherwise drive others AWAY from God, especially if due to some personal gain--- has that happened here?

I question anybody who says they can entice children to God better than God himself
  • Where have you seen God enticing anyone to Himself?
  • And where do Priests, Rabbis, Ministers and all general holy men fit in? I mean, even in the Bible, God worked through other people from Moses to Jesus himself.
  • Did I miss where anyone here said they can do a better job enticing children to God than God himself? If so, please link me to that post.

by using a *version* of God in non biblical stories.
I thought you understood that God has an unlimited number of versions of himself, one unique to every soul on the planet. And to suggest that any context of God outside of biblical stories is intrinsically invalid by default even before examination suggests that God is dead and only exists within the framework of events 2000 years ago. Oh, and it also suggests that every other civilization on the planet except Italy and European man got God wrong and their religion is bogus. Tsk tsk, very egocentric and narrow minded of you! So, are you saying that no one can even create a fictional story with christian themes that exposes people to christian concepts like loving one's neighbor or turning the other cheek unless it came verbatim out of the Bible? BULL.

That isn't Christianity. It's something else.
I think you need to go back and rethink your own beliefs.

Good. Because you are about as far from the truth of God as anyone I know here.
Well that's about what I expected from you. Too wound up in your silly partisan hatred to even have a conversation about God. You're not the only one that uses Christianity as a bludgeon. That's one reason I left.

Forum List

Back