I'm Not Really Sure Why I Have Received Comments That This Is Blasphemous

Never heard of it before and other than the fact that He rebels it sounds interesting.

Well it isn't Jesus so I'm safe and what do you mean not Christlike? Elvis was the king of rock and roll and a devout Christian.

A Christian? Yes. Devout? No way.

And maybe that's why it wasn't accepted into canon, you think?

Maybe if you made the statement that the Bible was written "hundreds of years" after Christ lived--and made that statement more than once--you don't know as much as you think you do. Maybe?

There is a lot I don’t know. When the Bible was written is on the top of my list of things I don’t know. There is a radical cult in Missouri that says the Bible was originally written in English in the 17th century for the purpose of controlling black people.

Just because I know someone made that claim doesn’t make me any more informed than before I heard the claim.

There is not a human on this earth that knows anything. We are just guessing our way through life. It’s quite silly for either of you to claim you know when the Bible was written. All I know is that it was written before 1979. It could have been a day before or a million years before. I have no way of knowing. I can just guess just like you guys.

Humans aren’t a reliable source of information. Humans who write books are even less reliable.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back