I'm gonna put this in History since it is recollecting of the past

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
We Were Soldiers

I loved the music

However, this isn't about the music.

I was particularly struck by the last words of one young U.S. soldier as he lay dying: “I’m glad I died for my country.”

Except that he didn’t. He didn’t die for his country. He died for his government, which was the entity that ordered him to go to Vietnam and intervene in that nation’s civil war. His country never ordered him to do anything.

Hindsight is 20-20. Too bad so many don't use it properly.

So many, (and disclaimer here), I used to be one, believed that fighting in wars of aggression is a just war, although kids rarely concern themselves with just. Some say it's getting worse due to the compliance dictates in Public Education and our police have become a comply or die cartel.

This latest fiasco with the virus is being used as a tool and many have taken up the mantra that China is our enemy. We're still fighting a gov't declared enemy in the ME- when are enough adults going to come to their senses and realize that just because the gov't makes a claim doesn't make it so. The Chinese don't care about "we the people" and neither do people in the ME. They do have a problem with our gov't's hypocrisy- and so do I. The constitution means nothing to the weak boned in the District of Criminals-

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

I was stationed in Central America during the Reagan years fighting the Sandinistas ... in many of these "Banana Republics", the citizens could not own land, the governments there kept the land for themselves at the bequest of United Fruit Company ... it was awful what I saw, modern day slavery, complete with huge plantation mansion for the government manager surrounded by cardboard shacks for all the people who worked for peanuts on the land ... much like the Antebellum South ... I hated what the United States was doing there ...

But I'm a patriot ... I fought these freedom seeking people with all my ability ... even though I knew we were in the wrong ...

We lost about 100,000 in Wilson's war to save France from the Hun. We had to do it over again about 25 years later when we lost about half a million in FDR's war. Korea was so mismanaged that we had the war won in less than a year but president Truman refused to confront his own freaking General and we lost the war in a three year quagmire. Why insult the memory of the Soldiers who fought and died and were victorious in that battle because you hate Mel Gibson?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back