I'm Finally Going to Watch A Christmas Story Christmas This Holiday Season

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Oh wow this looks SO good and I'm only getting a chance to watch it this Friday. So much childhood memories with the original Ralphie, Randy, Flick, and Schwartz all returning to reprise their roles!! :D It sure looks like they had a great time doing it too and finally Flick gets his revenge on Schwartz!! 🤣 I started cheering when I saw that and I'm like finally!! 😁

Oh wow this looks SO good and I'm only getting a chance to watch it this Friday. So much childhood memories with the original Ralphie, Randy, Flick, and Schwartz all returning to reprise their roles!! :D It sure looks like they had a great time doing it too and finally Flick gets his revenge on Schwartz!! 🤣 I started cheering when I saw that and I'm like finally!! 😁

You'll poke your eye out.

never seen it, no desire to.

Oh wow this looks SO good and I'm only getting a chance to watch it this Friday. So much childhood memories with the original Ralphie, Randy, Flick, and Schwartz all returning to reprise their roles!! :D It sure looks like they had a great time doing it too and finally Flick gets his revenge on Schwartz!! 🤣 I started cheering when I saw that and I'm like finally!!

I hope its good and you like it, but I won't be joining you. A Christmas Story with Darren McGavin is probably my FAVORITE Christmas movie and I hate it when they milk good movies for more money by making sequels. Rarely do they ever live up to the original and I don't want to ruin the original movie by seeing all these people grown up, fat and distended.

BTW, the original house and street in the first movie is still there (Ohio?) and you can go there and take a tour. They kept everything the same and there's a gift shop across the street.

Someone bought the place and preserved it.

Not sure if I want to chance it. The origonal was damn near perfect, and I don't want to ruin that with just an OK sequel

• Banned
You'll poke your eye out.

Lol that's you'll shoot your eye out but you're close enough. :p

I hope its good and you like it, but I won't be joining you. A Christmas Story with Darren McGavin is probably my FAVORITE Christmas movie and I hate it when they milk good movies for more money by making sequels. Rarely do they ever live up to the original and I don't want to ruin the original movie by seeing all these people grown up, fat and distended.

BTW, the original house and street in the first movie is still there (Ohio?) and you can go there and take a tour. They kept everything the same and there's a gift shop across the street.

Someone bought the place and preserved it.

Not sure if I want to chance it. The origonal was damn near perfect, and I don't want to ruin that with just an OK sequel

What is with you guys? I'm not sure if it'll top the original (it probably won't) but the fact that they got all these guys back is a winner to me and yes it's in Cleveland Ohio and since I'm an Ohioan myself, I've been there a couple to few times myself and planning to go again this year. :)

What is with you guys? I'm not sure if it'll top the original (it probably won't) but the fact that they got all these guys back is a winner to me and yes it's in Cleveland Ohio and since I'm an Ohioan myself, I've been there a couple to few times myself and planning to go again this year.

Like I said, I prefer to remember everyone the way they were, especially as the original movie was nostalgic (supposedly set in the 50s or whatever). The new movie destroys all that and makes it current.

I like the old radio program, the decoder ring and all that stuff. I have a floor standing AM radio. Now they will be dealing with stuff like bad aps on their iPhone. Besides, the two people who made the original movie, McGavin and Melinda Dillon, are both dead. Melinda also did Close Encounters of the the Third Kind. Peter Billingsly grew up and became a movie director I think.

I think I once watched a YouTube video showing the tour of the place. If you get the chance, you should take some pictures of the place and post them here. Just think, had you gone there at the right time, you might have met all those kid actors now grown up. Let us know what you think of the movie.

PS: I don't do HBO or none of that stuff anymore.

Misanthrope
the big deal Darren McGavin made over the
1700682521929.png

turned me off.

the kid getting his tongue stuck to the lamppost turned me off.

"you'll put your eye out"

Obviously too asinine for me to pay any attention to.

Lol that's you'll shoot your eye out but you're close enough. :p

What is with you guys? I'm not sure if it'll top the original (it probably won't) but the fact that they got all these guys back is a winner to me and yes it's in Cleveland Ohio and since I'm an Ohioan myself, I've been there a couple to few times myself and planning to go again this year. :)
I hope you enjoy it. I'll pass for now. Perhaps sometime later.

Forum List

Back