I'm considering boycotting Rosetta Stone and some other language learning services

BillKristolsCat

VIP Member
Reaction score
Turns out nearly all of them have courses on Mandarin (that's communist version of Chinese) I don't understand why anyone would want to support companies that are teaching CCP propaganda. I have a lifetime subscription to Rosetta Stone, but had I known what Mandarin was at the time, I would not have given my money to a business that is carrying water for the Chinese/Democrat Party empire. They won't refund my money, but they did offer to close my account. Which is fine, but not as satisfying and it would have been if I didn't already give them my money. So, I need other people to pledge that they will not use communist chinese supporting companies like Rosetta Stone, duo lingo, or pimsleur. Better yet, don't learn any languages, because screw people who can't speak or understand are poor English. This is America, learn our language!

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Mandarin ... Commie.... hey, never thought of that. Umma go buy some oranges.

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Knowing mandarin is useful if you go into an Chinese restaurant, tell the oriental dame what you want- and then she hollers back the order to the Chinamen in the back.

The oriental dames could be saying anything, and you wouldn't otherwise be the wiser.

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Turns out nearly all of them have courses on Mandarin (that's communist version of Chinese) I don't understand why anyone would want to support companies that are teaching CCP propaganda. I have a lifetime subscription to Rosetta Stone, but had I known what Mandarin was at the time, I would not have given my money to a business that is carrying water for the Chinese/Democrat Party empire. They won't refund my money, but they did offer to close my account. Which is fine, but not as satisfying and it would have been if I didn't already give them my money. So, I need other people to pledge that they will not use communist chinese supporting companies like Rosetta Stone, duo lingo, or pimsleur. Better yet, don't learn any languages, because screw people who can't speak or understand are poor English. This is America, learn our language!
Mandarin is also spoken on Taiwan. Why do you hate our allies?

José

Gold Member
Reaction score
You should have a more benelovent view on China's economic growth, Bill.

You, shockedcanadian, Mac-7 and so many others who harbor an incredible amount of hostility, anger, bitterness towards China.

More than 200 million people were lifted out of poverty thx to China's development.

Who can be against that?

idb

Gold Member
Reaction score
What's Mandaring?
How does one Mandar?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You should have a more benelovent view on China's economic growth, Bill.

You, shockedcanadian, Mac-7 and so many others who harbor an incredible amount of hostility, anger, bitterness towards China.

More than 200 million people were lifted out of poverty thx to China's development.

Who can be against that?
You should know that every thread the OP posts has been satire. :thup:

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Rosetta Stone supports China? How? Learning a language is not becoming a Chinese communist.

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Rosetta Stone supports China? How? Learning a language is not becoming a Chinese communist.
pssst.
post 7

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Reaction score
pssst.
post 7
Oh, another one of those idiots. Thanks for the heads up. I was involved in one of his threads and should have remembered.

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Knowing mandarin is useful if you go into an Chinese restaurant, tell the oriental dame what you want- and then she hollers back the order to the Chinamen in the back.

The oriental dames could be saying anything, and you wouldn't otherwise be the wiser.
I enjoyed that. No doubt he gets good servings. I've wanted to learn Turkish for a long time, not that it would do me much good in Florida.

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I enjoyed that. No doubt he gets good servings. I've wanted to learn Turkish for a long time, not that it would do me much good in Florida.
At this point in life I can't even keep up with the modern English language. Constantly asking my daughter, What does this mean now?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Reaction score

At this point in life I can't even keep up with the modern English language. Constantly asking my daughter, What does this mean now?
I had to look up TERF today.

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is a very weak troll thread.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List