I'm considering boycotting Rosetta Stone and some other language learning services

JuvenalsCat

Gold Member
May 28, 2020
Turns out nearly all of them have courses on Mandarin (that's communist version of Chinese) I don't understand why anyone would want to support companies that are teaching CCP propaganda. I have a lifetime subscription to Rosetta Stone, but had I known what Mandarin was at the time, I would not have given my money to a business that is carrying water for the Chinese/Democrat Party empire. They won't refund my money, but they did offer to close my account. Which is fine, but not as satisfying and it would have been if I didn't already give them my money. So, I need other people to pledge that they will not use communist chinese supporting companies like Rosetta Stone, duo lingo, or pimsleur. Better yet, don't learn any languages, because screw people who can't speak or understand are poor English. This is America, learn our language!

Knowing mandarin is useful if you go into an Chinese restaurant, tell the oriental dame what you want- and then she hollers back the order to the Chinamen in the back.

The oriental dames could be saying anything, and you wouldn't otherwise be the wiser.

Turns out nearly all of them have courses on Mandarin (that's communist version of Chinese) I don't understand why anyone would want to support companies that are teaching CCP propaganda. I have a lifetime subscription to Rosetta Stone, but had I known what Mandarin was at the time, I would not have given my money to a business that is carrying water for the Chinese/Democrat Party empire. They won't refund my money, but they did offer to close my account. Which is fine, but not as satisfying and it would have been if I didn't already give them my money. So, I need other people to pledge that they will not use communist chinese supporting companies like Rosetta Stone, duo lingo, or pimsleur. Better yet, don't learn any languages, because screw people who can't speak or understand are poor English. This is America, learn our language!
Mandarin is also spoken on Taiwan. Why do you hate our allies?

You should have a more benelovent view on China's economic growth, Bill.

You, shockedcanadian, Mac-7 and so many others who harbor an incredible amount of hostility, anger, bitterness towards China.

More than 200 million people were lifted out of poverty thx to China's development.

Who can be against that?

You should have a more benelovent view on China's economic growth, Bill.

You, shockedcanadian, Mac-7 and so many others who harbor an incredible amount of hostility, anger, bitterness towards China.

More than 200 million people were lifted out of poverty thx to China's development.

Who can be against that?

You should know that every thread the OP posts has been satire. :thup:

Rosetta Stone supports China? How? Learning a language is not becoming a Chinese communist.

Rosetta Stone supports China? How? Learning a language is not becoming a Chinese communist.

pssst.
post 7

pssst.
post 7

Oh, another one of those idiots. Thanks for the heads up. I was involved in one of his threads and should have remembered.

Knowing mandarin is useful if you go into an Chinese restaurant, tell the oriental dame what you want- and then she hollers back the order to the Chinamen in the back.

The oriental dames could be saying anything, and you wouldn't otherwise be the wiser.

I enjoyed that. No doubt he gets good servings. I've wanted to learn Turkish for a long time, not that it would do me much good in Florida.

I enjoyed that. No doubt he gets good servings. I've wanted to learn Turkish for a long time, not that it would do me much good in Florida.

At this point in life I can't even keep up with the modern English language. Constantly asking my daughter, What does this mean now?

At this point in life I can't even keep up with the modern English language. Constantly asking my daughter, What does this mean now?

I had to look up TERF today.

This is a very weak troll thread.

Forum List

Back