"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

I want to hereby take the oppurtunity to thank the SCOTUS for upholding the Constitution & for telling Trump to take his bullshit about Executive Priviledge & shove it extremely far up HIS ass.

Trump being full of shit with that claim is what was really "obvious".

I don't particularly like Trump, but Congress as ZERO authority to subpoena, punish contempt, etc.
Congress it the single biggest bunch of liars and crooks in the whole world, and does not have the authority to pretend to have executive or judicial powers.
There is no where in the constitution giving Congress any authority to subpoena or hold someone in contempt.

I don't particularly like Trump, but Congress as ZERO authority to subpoena, punish contempt, etc.
Congress it the single biggest bunch of liars and crooks in the whole world, and does not have the authority to pretend to have executive or judicial powers.
There is no where in the constitution giving Congress any authority to subpoena or hold someone in contempt.
Latisha James does, and she's doing it.

Misleading asset evaluations is standard procedure for business.
With business, it is nearly impossible to even be sure what assets currently are worth because that is relative to the market and buyer perception.

The only time you can prosecute over asset evaluations if you it can be proven you used wildly different evaluations of the same asset in the same time period.

Following the refusal of a witness to produce documents or to testify, the committee is entitled to report a resolution of contempt to its parent chamber. A committee may also cite a person for contempt but not immediately report the resolution to the floor. In the case of subcommittees, they report the resolution of contempt to the full committee, which then has the option of rejecting it, accepting it but not reporting it to the floor, or accepting it and reporting it to the floor of the chamber for action. On the floor of the House or the Senate, the reported resolution is considered privileged and, if the resolution of contempt is passed, the chamber has several options to enforce its mandate.

Misleading asset evaluations is standard procedure for business.
With business, it is nearly impossible to even be sure what assets currently are worth because that is relative to the market and buyer perception.

The only time you can prosecute over asset evaluations if you it can be proven you used wildly different evaluations of the same asset in the same time period.
Not by $200 million dollars. Which is what Trump did. That proves intent as well. Trump took several different properties and inflated them several hundred million dollars over value.

Latisha James does, and she's doing it.

Latisha James is the NY attorney general, so does have executive authority, and can take it to a judge with judicial authority.
But she also is obviously biased on a partisan basis, so likely is also violating the law.
But maybe not.
I will have to see what she comes up with.
But if people are smart, they are all going to plead the 5th.

Following the refusal of a witness to produce documents or to testify, the committee is entitled to report a resolution of contempt to its parent chamber. A committee may also cite a person for contempt but not immediately report the resolution to the floor. In the case of subcommittees, they report the resolution of contempt to the full committee, which then has the option of rejecting it, accepting it but not reporting it to the floor, or accepting it and reporting it to the floor of the chamber for action. On the floor of the House or the Senate, the reported resolution is considered privileged and, if the resolution of contempt is passed, the chamber has several options to enforce its mandate.

That is NOT in the Constitution.
It is NOT legal.
Much of what Congress does is criminal, like the War on Drugs, the invasion of Iraq, mandated sentence, asset forfeiture, federal gun control, etc.
These are all obvious violations of the constitution.

Not by $200 million dollars. Which is what Trump did. That proves intent as well. Trump took several different properties and inflated them several hundred million dollars over value.

Nah, you can inflate property values all you want, because you can believe that is what they can easily be made to be worth.
What you can't do is tell 2 different people, different values.
You have to be consitent.

one year ago today Trump was still president throwing chicken nuggets at the TV...one week from now he could go to jail

Latisha James is the NY attorney general, so does have executive authority, and can take it to a judge with judicial authority.
But she also is obviously biased on a partisan basis, so likely is also violating the law.
But maybe not.
A lawful proceeding with evidence of wrongdoing has nothing to do with partisanship. Breaking a law is breaking a law. Trump and family are on the hook. Bank on it;

Nah, you can inflate property values all you want, because you can believe that is what they can easily be made to be worth.
What you can't do is tell 2 different people, different values.
You have to be consitent.
No you can't. The most expensive apartment in the world is $200 million dollars. Trump inflated his to $296 million dollars. You are wrong, and you will be proven wrong.

I imagine most who plead the 5th believe they are guilty. It's not up to you to prove it though.
And your imagination is meaningless. No one has ever shown this to be the case or even provided anything factual to argue for it.

You never willingly give information to the police or a DA when they implicate you in any wrongdoing, ever. Doing anything else is asinine. The DA, police and everyone involved in the investigation are NOT there to uncover the truth. They are there to get a conviction. Any and all information obtained, regardless of actual guilt, will be used to that end. Nothing a DA receives from you can or will be used to exonerate you.

This asinine need to declare the act of pleading the 5th as an indication of guilt is antithetical to the very fabric of our system of justice. It is out right disgusting that so many Americans are woefully unaware of this. I hope that you never are faced with being on the other end of law when you are innocent.

That is NOT in the Constitution.
It is NOT legal.
Much of what Congress does is criminal, like the War on Drugs, the invasion of Iraq, mandated sentence, asset forfeiture, federal gun control, etc.
This has zero to do with the argument. Now we know you are struggling with the truth. That is your own opinion, which has nothing to do with the powers of Congress. I documented those powers. You have not countered my documented claim that proves you wrong. You lose.

A lawful proceeding with evidence of wrongdoing has nothing to do with partisanship. Breaking a law is breaking a law. Trump and family are on the hook. Bank on it;

Wrong. Because business is all only about appearances, not reality.

But maybe not.
Those folks don't have another choice. The documentation has them dead to right.

This has zero to do with the argument. Now we know you are struggling with the truth. That is your own opinion, which has nothing to do with the powers of Congress. I documented those powers. You have not countered my documented claim that proves you wrong. You lose.
You documented nothing.
You were not quoting the constitution, and did not identify what you were quoting.

Wrong. Because business is all only about appearances, not reality.
Another opinion that is worth teats on a bo hog. Look chief, get this in that thick skull, documented evidence inflating assets hundreds of millions of dollars is illegal, while deflating them to avoid paying taxes. Which is exactly what Trump did. Tonight we got that verification. That's intent to default the government, and it's theft.

Another opinion that is worth teats on a bo hog. Look chief, get this in that thick skull, documented evidence inflating assets hundreds of millions of dollars is illegal, while deflating them to avoid paying taxes. Which is exactly what Trump did. Tonight we got that verification. That's intent to default the government, and it's theft.
Remains to be seen.

Forum List

Back