If you're inclined to say 'America is the greatest nation in the world' why?

Hear a lot of presidential wannabes saying this which results in predictable if meaningless applause. So what is it they're thinking of that makes us better than everyone else? What would you think of if inclined to say such a thing?

You are asking for a rather thick book, which I have no time to write you.

Try this for starters:

U.S. Founding Documents

So we're the greatest country in the world because of immigrants? Ok, that's an answer. :)

We are the greatest country in the world because of the free economy and absence of an established caste hierarchy. We are literally the only nation on earth where any person can rise to the top, regardless of family name and connections. Australia and Canada come close, but fail to match the USA. This remarkable feature diminishes by the year. In Europe born poor will die poor. In China, attempts to move beyond ones station will result in death. The social hierarchy in Israel is extreme. In the Muslim world it is all encompassing. Only in America can a person be born with a clean slate and held to their own actions.

So we're the greatest country in the world because of immigrants? Ok, that's an answer. :)

We are the greatest country in the world because of the free economy and absence of an established caste hierarchy. We are literally the only nation on earth where any person can rise to the top, regardless of family name and connections. Australia and Canada come close, but fail to match the USA. This remarkable feature diminishes by the year. In Europe born poor will die poor. In China, attempts to move beyond ones station will result in death. The social hierarchy in Israel is extreme. In the Muslim world it is all encompassing. Only in America can a person be born with a clean slate and held to their own actions.
Unless they are:

Black
Female
Gay
Mexican
Transgender
Conservaphobic
Or any other catagory deemed oppressed by the left. Obama & Hillary excluded of course

Because everything taken into consideration I can't think of another nation where my quality of life would be better.

Ever been to another country? :)
What country has 310 million people that can have free Internet access, free cell phone, free food, can travel across state lines with out a passport. Can be taken care of in a hospital FREE? What country also has so many choices of food that it leads the world in obese people?

Not the U.S.

Because everything taken into consideration I can't think of another nation where my quality of life would be better.

What country has 310 million people that can have free Internet access, free cell phone, free food, can travel across state lines with out a passport. Can be taken care of in a hospital FREE? What country also has so many choices of food that it leads the world in obese people?

Not the U.S.
Here is what the "poor" have today that "WE" (my dad in 1960 made $400/month and took care of a family of 4 kids and wife who didn't work)
Today this is what the family living in "poverty (as we did supposedly... in 1960 with NO aid...)

People in poverty in the USA get:

a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY about $100/month including a tax that pays for this free phone...)
if the poor person receives just one of the below FREE entitlements:
* Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program

b) 46 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.

it cost $75.7 billion in 2011 compared to $35 billion in 2008; and enrollment has hit an all-time high of 46.7 million recipients.
Meanwhile, the number of children receiving free school lunches has inflated from 18 to 21 million — an unprecedented jump —
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large
c) portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...
So these people get:
=== $ 5,666 in Earned Income Credit i.e. a check from Uncle Sam instead of paying they get a check!!!
=== $12,000 free housing , Section 8 will pay up to $1,000/month
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

Unless they are:

Black
Female
Gay
Mexican
Transgender
Conservaphobic
Or any other catagory deemed oppressed by the left. Obama & Hillary excluded of course

The left is determined to have an authoritarian system with strict racial and family castes. Our greatest crime is that we are allowing this erosion of the liberty that made this a great nation. The queer Nazis are just the latest example.

Not the U.S.
Here is what the "poor" have today that "WE" (my dad in 1960 made $400/month and took care of a family of 4 kids and wife who didn't work)
Today this is what the family living in "poverty (as we did supposedly... in 1960 with NO aid...)

a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY about $100/month including a tax that pays for this free phone...)
* Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program

it cost $75.7 billion in 2011 compared to $35 billion in 2008; and enrollment has hit an all-time high of 46.7 million recipients.
Meanwhile, the number of children receiving free school lunches has inflated from 18 to 21 million — an unprecedented jump —
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large
c) portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...
So these people get:
=== $ 5,666 in Earned Income Credit i.e. a check from Uncle Sam instead of paying they get a check!!!
=== $ 2,400 free food,

You realize the cell phone program has been active since Reagan put it in place, don't you? The average food stamp program recipient gets a lot less than $200
Average Monthly Food Stamp Benefits Per Person The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

The point I was making with this topic was to point out the distinction between "illegal immigrant" and "legal immigrant" seems to be lost on a LOT of the MSM, politicians and for sure FFOs on this board!
NOT ONE conservative person that I know of are against "legal immigrants". But most FFOs, Most democrats and definitely the vast majority of the biased MSM think that conservatives like me are against "immigration"! How biased and grossly uninformed!

Not the U.S.

So these people get:
=== $ 2,400 free food,

Median income in 1960 was $468

Hear a lot of presidential wannabes saying this which results in predictable if meaningless applause. So what is it they're thinking of that makes us better than everyone else? What would you think of if inclined to say such a thing?
The United States of America is the greatest nation in history because the advertising works.

Not the U.S.

So these people get:
=== $ 2,400 free food,

You realize the cell phone program has been active since Reagan put it in place, don't you? The average food stamp program recipient gets a lot less than $200
Average Monthly Food Stamp Benefits Per Person The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Of course I do! I was pointing out what a person in the USA can get... unlike the majority of other countries and it was in response to the negative responses.

Food stamp program:
Households on food stamps got an average benefit of $261.44 during the month, and total benefits for the month cost taxpayers $5,978,320,593.
Food Stamp Beneficiaries Exceed 46 000 000 for 38 Straight Months

Not the U.S.

So these people get:
=== $ 2,400 free food,

Right! And my Dad feed our family of 6 on $400 per month BECAUSE we worked in 4 different gardens, mowed lawns, shoveled snow....
But we weren't POOR!
Median family income in 1960 was $5,620.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/uscs/1960-61.pdf

[

Cell phones, huh?

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bulldog gets his "facts" the democrat way - making them up out of thin air....

What is your question? You realize that was in response to Healthmyths remark about free cellphones don't you?
The Obama Phone

Not the U.S.

So these people get:
=== $ 2,400 free food,

Right! And my Dad feed our family of 6 on $400 per month BECAUSE we worked in 4 different gardens, mowed lawns, shoveled snow....
But we weren't POOR!
Median family income in 1960 was $5,620.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/uscs/1960-61.pdf

That's what I said why don't you divide 5620 by 12

Forum List

Back