If you have beef with the USA you have beef with the "whole world"

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
Lets say you are one country like Serbia Iraq or Russia, and you have beef with the USA, then you have beef with 150 countries out of 190 countries in the world or like that. Right? I dont know how the USA can do that, but it does. How is that possible, of course they have allies in Europe and Oceania, but also in the Arab World, and Third World, and Latin America etc. Europe is only the most important and Canada and Australia but the others also vote what the US says. Opinions?

Most of that 150 countries would lovingly shank us if they could get away with it ;)

Lets say you are one country like Serbia Iraq or Russia, and you have beef with the USA, then you have beef with 150 countries out of 190 countries in the world or like that. Right? I dont know how the USA can do that, but it does. How is that possible, of course they have allies in Europe and Oceania, but also in the Arab World, and Third World, and Latin America etc. Europe is only the most important and Canada and Australia but the others also vote what the US says. Opinions?
Because usually if you have a beef with the US you are posing some sort of threat to a good portion of the free world.

For the precious time being our American Empire can still smash any other nation on the planet like a roach beneath a really, really big cowboy boot handmade in Texas, of course. However, times are a changing and all empires collapse sooner or later. For now, order a couple of Big Macs and join me in a toast to America, hegemon on steroids and undisputed champion of the world.

Because usually if you have a beef with the US you are posing some sort of threat to a good portion of the free world.

Sometimes they invent you pose a threat, then it works the same. Everyone has his own story, if you are a threat to the USA maybe the USA is a threat to you as well. Maybe the USA is a threat to someone? Did you thought about that?

Sometimes they invent you pose a threat, then it works the same. Everyone has his own story, if you are a threat to the USA maybe the USA is a threat to you as well. Maybe the USA is a threat to someone? Did you thought about that?
Really? How about a few examples?

The US really only has allies with Canada, the EU, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea. Hardly the whole world, less population than China really.

Other countries tolerate the US because they know they can't attack the US. Saudi Arabia being one such country, they hate the US, but they like the money they get from the US, so they tolerate.

The US really only has allies with Canada, the EU, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea. Hardly the whole world, less population than China really.

Other countries tolerate the US because they know they can't attack the US. Saudi Arabia being one such country, they hate the US, but they like the money they get from the US, so they tolerate.
You might want to check the NATO Charter and other mutual defense agreements we have.

We have quite a few allies, but very few friends. I'd call those nations you named both.

What about if I have a slice of pork with the US?

You might want to check the NATO Charter and other mutual defense agreements we have.

We have quite a few allies, but very few friends. I'd call those nations you named both.

Question is, how any of these allies would actually stick to the treaty if it were inconvenient for them.

Take Turkey. I think Tom Clancy wrote about how unreliable Greece was a NATO member a long time ago.

There are Allies and there are allies. The UK is one of the US's main allies. The EU are kind of like.... mehhh and South Korea and Japan are like "China?"

Question is, how any of these allies would actually stick to the treaty if it were inconvenient for them.

Take Turkey. I think Tom Clancy wrote about how unreliable Greece was a NATO member a long time ago.

There are Allies and there are allies. The UK is one of the US's main allies. The EU are kind of like.... mehhh and South Korea and Japan are like "China?"
Other than anything that involved Iraq or Israel Turkey has been pretty reliable. Fortunately the Turks absolutely hate the Russians and while they'll do business with them I think we can count on them if anything big happens in Europe.

Allies are like friends, you'll never really know how strong that relationship is until tested.

At most an "ally" that refuse to honor the charter could be expelled but that's the only punitive action NATO could take unless they then joined with the opposition at a time of war, or signed a new treaty conflicting with their obligations to NATO.

Other than anything that involved Iraq or Israel Turkey has been pretty reliable. Fortunately the Turks absolutely hate the Russians and while they'll do business with them I think we can count on them if anything big happens in Europe.

Allies are like friends, you'll never really know how strong that relationship is until tested.

At most an "ally" that refuse to honor the charter could be expelled but that's the only punitive action NATO could take unless they then joined with the opposition at a time of war, or signed a new treaty conflicting with their obligations to NATO.

The Turks hate the Russians because the Russians have been interfering in their affairs long before Turkey even existed as a country. However they have a leader who hates the US just as much.

Yeah, you don't know how strong an ally they are until tested, like the Iraq War when on the British joined in (and the Spanish kind of helped),

Forum List

Back