If you could remove or add to the constitution what would it be?

I’d make the national vote majority
What age?

The same age as the requirement to register for selective service.

The main change there is I would require everyone, regardless of gender, to register.
What if they refuse

Then the punishment that exists now will suffice. If you do not register you are not eligible for federal student aid, job training, or a federal job. You can also be fine $250,000 and sent jail for up to 5 years.
Hahahah hahahah how many people have been fined $250,000 for not registering to vote and then put in jail for five years?? Hahaha

Not many. The overwhelming majority register for selective service.

And I was talking about registering for selective service. If someone chooses not to register to vote, why would they be punished at all?
That’s what I asked you lol

You used the word "refuse". Since registering to vote is not, and never has been, mandatory, I thought you meant the selective service.

Refusing to register implies they are required to do so.
We were talking about voting not Registering for the military learn how to read

I read quite well. I even read your butchered English.

You asked about the age of those allowed to vote. I answered by saying it should be the same as the selective service. And then added that the selective service should be expanded to include everyone regardless of gender. That was what I thought you were referring to.

It was a misunderstanding. Move along.
Apology noted, next I make you beg

LMAO! I wouldn't beg you for water if I was on fire. I explained the misunderstanding. Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant.

But tell me again how a person has to own a gun to join the revolution? To keep peace? Why wouldn't there be peace?

Or are you just fantasizing about a violent overthrow of the gov't again?
Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

So the guns are to use against tyranny?
Did I stutter!?

So your plan is that armed citizens revolt against the US Gov't? Treason & sedition is your answer?
No idea what your taking about,, don’t I have a right to protect my family and hunt for food?

So tyranny is threatening your family and taking away your food?
I have a right to protect myself against Tyranny Don’t I?

Sure. But your comment was about a revolution. And you asked if the other person had a gun, and that they should join the revolution.

You invited someone to join an armed revolution. And it is not the first time you have suggested such a thing.
GOTG! If you hear that, you know what to do

Yep. Laugh.
To late

True. I am already laughing.

What age?

The main change there is I would require everyone, regardless of gender, to register.
What if they refuse

Then the punishment that exists now will suffice. If you do not register you are not eligible for federal student aid, job training, or a federal job. You can also be fine $250,000 and sent jail for up to 5 years.
Hahahah hahahah how many people have been fined $250,000 for not registering to vote and then put in jail for five years?? Hahaha

And I was talking about registering for selective service. If someone chooses not to register to vote, why would they be punished at all?

You used the word "refuse". Since registering to vote is not, and never has been, mandatory, I thought you meant the selective service.

You asked about the age of those allowed to vote. I answered by saying it should be the same as the selective service. And then added that the selective service should be expanded to include everyone regardless of gender. That was what I thought you were referring to.

LMAO! I wouldn't beg you for water if I was on fire. I explained the misunderstanding. Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant.

But tell me again how a person has to own a gun to join the revolution? To keep peace? Why wouldn't there be peace?

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

Did I stutter!?

So your plan is that armed citizens revolt against the US Gov't? Treason & sedition is your answer?
No idea what your taking about,, don’t I have a right to protect my family and hunt for food?

Sure. But your comment was about a revolution. And you asked if the other person had a gun, and that they should join the revolution.

You invited someone to join an armed revolution. And it is not the first time you have suggested such a thing.

Yep. Laugh.
To late

Hehe

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

Did I stutter!?

Yep. Laugh.
To late

Hehe

No, more like HAHAHAHA!

Hearing you yell for me to get on the ground is far more hilarious than a mere "hehe"

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

Did I stutter!?

Yep. Laugh.
To late

Hehe

No, more like HAHAHAHA!

Hearing you yell for me to get on the ground is far more hilarious than a mere "hehe"
I don’t think you understand.. but hey let’s stick to the topic.

Make voting mandatory. Make tampering with the vote a crime equal to treason.
So you want to force us to vote?
Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?
Maybe if they don't show up to vote don't allow them to have a job?
Or maybe remove them from the country?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.
I vote every year, I don’t find it hard,, does anyone else?
Voting is getting easier with the growth of early voting and mail-in ballots. Still there are very long lines in some places where people must stand out in the November cold for hours just to vote. That's bullshit and it's deliberate voter suppression.
not everybody can do mail in ballots thank god because Democrats are ballot harvesting. But like I said who’s having a hard time voting? What’s deliver it
You would oppose anything that increases voter turn out just because.

How about better candidates all you want is ignorant voters
Better candidates would emerge from a more engaged and participatory electorate. Trouble is, what makes a good candidate seems to be a thing of partisan politics. I would prefer more populist candidates that do not just automatically give away everything to big business as you would prefer.
how about someone who puts the country before the party.....we aint had one of them in a while....

Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.
Voting is getting easier with the growth of early voting and mail-in ballots. Still there are very long lines in some places where people must stand out in the November cold for hours just to vote. That's bullshit and it's deliberate voter suppression.
not everybody can do mail in ballots thank god because Democrats are ballot harvesting. But like I said who’s having a hard time voting? What’s deliver it

Better candidates would emerge from a more engaged and participatory electorate. Trouble is, what makes a good candidate seems to be a thing of partisan politics. I would prefer more populist candidates that do not just automatically give away everything to big business as you would prefer.
how about someone who puts the country before the party.....we aint had one of them in a while....
Trump does

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
he is black water.....he has lots of enemies.....

Interesting to see what you all
Would do if you had the votes
I would take the first 10 amendments and keep them, everyone after that needs to go. Since our country is established, we dont need Congressmen and Senators living off the public dole.

We also dont need the 14th amendment that allows any non US citizen to drop an Anchor in the US for that Anchor to be a US citizen as we no longer have any forced slave to live in the US.

No longer do we need the one that allows Congress to be above the law but most be held to the same standards as every citizen so if Congress does insider trading they end up going to Jail like Martha Stewart.
Interesting, I like the idea. Have senators earn money in the private market..

They already do. How do they become so rich?

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
It’s memorial day weekend show me some respect

The proposed 28th amendment should be made a part of the US Constitution.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

4) Term limits for every national level elected official.

5) Enact the Fair Tax Act.

6) Corporations are not people.

7) Lobbying will be treated as bribery.
I have a question for you on number three.
What do we cut to balance the budget?
Do we cut all welfare? Do we cut social security and Medicare?
Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
But what exactly do you want to cut? Bases overseas? Bases here at home? Jets, tanks? Military payroll? Maintenance on nuclear weapons?

Even if we cut the military by a third that will still only drop our defe it not balance the budget.

Cut the bloat. The military can do that. But only if they are forced. Perhaps cut Halliburton's mess halls, forced laundry, ect ect.
So you really have no idea how you want to cut it you are just parroting things. Got it. If you cut outside contractors then you have to hire for those positions or due without. Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help? I don't think that it would save the money you think it would since private companies are usually much more cost effective then government.

Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help?

I retired from the service, and during my time military personnel took care of those chores.

No reason they can't now.
Sure they can BUT here is the catch. Winterborn was talking 1/3 reduction in military spending. Even if a private company for some fanciful reason can't do things for less then what the federal government can that is going to amount to pennies compared to 1/3 of military spending.

I think the US Military can find a way to run on far less and still be an effective force to defend the USA.

Currently, we spend more than the next 10 countries. Are you telling me that cutting that leaves us defenseless?
No what I am telling you is you claim a 1/3 cut in military spending. I asked how you think that can be done. You claimed some penny pinching measures that would hardly make a dent in your 1/3 claim.
So I will again ask you claim 1/3 what exactly do you propose other then vague they could cut something.
He can’t answer your question,, he wants the military to pay for men’s sex change operation

I never claimed to be an expert on the military budgets. But when we spend more than the next 10 countries combined, we have a bloated system that can be trimmed significantly.
just getting rid of all the waste spending would cut billions....

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
But what exactly do you want to cut? Bases overseas? Bases here at home? Jets, tanks? Military payroll? Maintenance on nuclear weapons?

Even if we cut the military by a third that will still only drop our defe it not balance the budget.

Cut the bloat. The military can do that. But only if they are forced. Perhaps cut Halliburton's mess halls, forced laundry, ect ect.
So you really have no idea how you want to cut it you are just parroting things. Got it. If you cut outside contractors then you have to hire for those positions or due without. Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help? I don't think that it would save the money you think it would since private companies are usually much more cost effective then government.

Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help?

I retired from the service, and during my time military personnel took care of those chores.

Sure they can BUT here is the catch. Winterborn was talking 1/3 reduction in military spending. Even if a private company for some fanciful reason can't do things for less then what the federal government can that is going to amount to pennies compared to 1/3 of military spending.

I think the US Military can find a way to run on far less and still be an effective force to defend the USA.

Currently, we spend more than the next 10 countries. Are you telling me that cutting that leaves us defenseless?
No what I am telling you is you claim a 1/3 cut in military spending. I asked how you think that can be done. You claimed some penny pinching measures that would hardly make a dent in your 1/3 claim.
So I will again ask you claim 1/3 what exactly do you propose other then vague they could cut something.

We tell the DoD that they will be getting 1/3 less money, and let them figure it out.
I see. no real idea just parroting what someone else has stated. Got that.
So we tried that under 44 do you remember how that went? So the best we could look forward to is close bases deal with the unemployment and deal with the fallout of creating unemployment in other countries and pulling out of NATO and other agreements.
Are you prepared for that?

Or we could cut the number of new and expensive weapons we purchase.

Why would we pull out of NATO? We could just spend what the other NATO nations spend on defense. They seem to get by on far less.
could that be because they have us standing behind them?.....

Trump does
sometimes.... he is getting to be the same way the other guys got.....start preaching to your followers,and everyone one else who disagrees....tough shit...

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
why did you die while serving in the military?.....

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

Did I stutter!?

Yep. Laugh.
To late

Hehe

No, more like HAHAHAHA!

I don’t think you understand.. but hey let’s stick to the topic.

I am not the one who derailed this.

But the fact that you think you yelling "GOTG" would make a grown man drop to the ground is laughably insane. Just more of your delusions.

Namely:

We tell the DoD that they will be getting 1/3 less money, and let them figure it out.
So we tried that under 44 do you remember how that went? So the best we could look forward to is close bases deal with the unemployment and deal with the fallout of creating unemployment in other countries and pulling out of NATO and other agreements.

Why would we pull out of NATO? We could just spend what the other NATO nations spend on defense. They seem to get by on far less.
Well why not go back to wood and cloth airplanes?

Don't like the idea of closing bases? I have another idea.
No dress uniforms.
Bring all ships into port, only leave during war.
No live training of any kind only simulations.
No military aircraft flights unless of emergency.
with all those measures we might actually be able to hit your 1/3 military spending cut. Of course it won't actually balance the budget but what the heck right?

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?

Respect is earned, asshole.

And Memorial Day is to honor those who died in service to our country. Not someone who claims to be a mercenary.

Namely:

No dress uniforms.
with all those measures we might actually be able to hit your 1/3 military spending cut. Of course it won't actually balance the budget but what the heck right?

According to one source I found, our defense budget is $732 billion. China spends $261 billion according to the same source. We have more allies than China. If we cut 1/3 of the military budget, we would still be spending $488 billion.

I hardly think that would be going back to wood & cloth airplanes.

Made it very hard to change it.........why it takes a time of PURE CHAOS to change it.........LIKE FDR and the New Deal................FOREVER CHANGING THE INTENT of our Federal Gov't.............
?? The only Amendments passed during the Depression era were the 20th and 21st:

20thChanges the date on which the terms of the president and vice president and of members of Congress end and begin (to January 20 and January 3 respectively). States that if the president-elect becomes vacant, the vice president-elect is inaugurated as president in their place.
21stRepeals the 18th Amendment and makes it a federal offense to transport or import intoxicating liquors into U.S. states and territories where such transport or importation is prohibited by the laws of those states and territories
See my other post.......Woodrow Wilson did it...........same as handing our currency over to the Bankers..........time of crisis............time of War....................

FDR was Wilson on Steroids......................the NEW DEAL........anything the Gov't wanted to spend on was then legal.......ANYTHING......anybody..............a RECIPE FOR CORRUPTION AND POWER.
Okay, but it didn't have anything to do with the Constitution. Don't move the goal posts.
Of course it did......it was exactly how the framers intended it to be done.......not by popular vote.....Federalist papers are clear on that.

Namely:

No dress uniforms.

According to one source I found, our defense budget is $732 billion. China spends $261 billion according to the same source. We have more allies than China. If we cut 1/3 of the military budget, we would still be spending $488 billion.

I hardly think that would be going back to wood & cloth airplanes.

I worked in the defense industry for many years. It’s incredible what the government pays for MIL-SPEC stuff.

Justly revered as our great Constitution is, it could be stripped off and thrown aside like a garment, and the nation would still stand forth in the living vestment of flesh and sinew, warm with the heart-blood of one people, ready to recreate constitutions and laws. … “

-Woodrow Wilson on the US Constitution

“Men are as clay in the hands of the consummate leader.”
A (true leader) uses the masses like (tools). He must inflame their passions with little heed for the facts. Men are as clay in the hands of the consummate leader”.

-“Woodrow Wilson from his essay “Leaders of Men” 1890.

“Progressivism and its late 20th century spawn; Modern Liberalism is a cancer that was slow to grow but has now metastasized and is now poised to kill our republic”

-Dennis Brady

Wilsons View of the Constitution

Woodrow Wilson believed the constitution was outdated. He thought the founders had a “Newtonian” view of government that was static, he believed that the current leadership of the nation should be able to legislate without regard to the constraints of the constitution especially the limits spelled out by the enumerated powers of the federal government listed in the constitution. He was the father of the modern view of the constitution that it is a “living document”. Essentially he believed that the constitution means anything the current president and congress think it should mean with no regard to the original intent of the founders. Wilson thought the checks and balances that the founders incorporated into the constitution to check governmental power were “Inefficient” and needed to be eliminated.

Summing up:

The dismantling of the constitution that begun under the beginning of the last century has continued to this day with a few brief pauses. The limitation on our personal economic and political freedoms as well as the freedom of the states as outlined under the 9th and 10th amendments has been eroded. We are at the point were we must choose to return to the path our founders envisioned where each common individual can govern themselves under a federal government that lives under its constitutional limits or under a central government that is run by a elitist few that decides what is best for us.

Sound familiar.........meet the father of Progressives who took a long piss on the Constitution of the United States.........

Forum List

Back