If you could remove or add to the constitution what would it be?

Make voting mandatory. Make tampering with the vote a crime equal to treason.
So you want to force us to vote?
Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?
Maybe if they don't show up to vote don't allow them to have a job?
Or maybe remove them from the country?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.
So now your changing your mind from making it mandatory to making it difficult to vote or not vote? How exactly are you going to make it difficult to not vote?
Tax someone for not voting? Who is responsible for the paperwork and the law suits when someone gets taxed because the paperwork is wrong?
Is there another way to make it difficult to not vote say forcing people to give up fulltime employment and go to part Time?
Ever heard of "civic duty"? Is the thing that built America now some sort of commie plot? This traditional American value is just about dead and conservatives killed it. The last vestige of this is jury duty. I have been summoned many times. God how people bitch about this small favor our community asks of us.
Now you have gone from forcing people to vote, to making it hard for them not to, to civic duty which you are somehow trying to blame conservatives for in some imagination to have eroded.
Now you are somehow complaining about jury duty. None of this has been any serious talking point it has been move things farther and farther away from the original post.
I take it you really don't have any ideas you are just parroting things you have heard.
You just can't read anything without jumping to the wrong conclusions, that's a problem with you.

Term limits.

Repeal "The Patriot Act"

Repeal "Roe vs. Wade"

No legal bribery, AKA "Lobbying". Get caught taking a bribe? Go to prison.
Also, have an anti-sedition law. People espousing anti-American, anti-constitutional views in office or caught acting on behalf of and in the interest of foreign powers subject to heavy fines and punishment.

I’d make the national vote majority
What age?

The same age as the requirement to register for selective service.

The main change there is I would require everyone, regardless of gender, to register.
What if they refuse

Then the punishment that exists now will suffice. If you do not register you are not eligible for federal student aid, job training, or a federal job. You can also be fine $250,000 and sent jail for up to 5 years.
Hahahah hahahah how many people have been fined $250,000 for not registering to vote and then put in jail for five years?? Hahaha

Not many. The overwhelming majority register for selective service.

And I was talking about registering for selective service. If someone chooses not to register to vote, why would they be punished at all?
That’s what I asked you lol

You used the word "refuse". Since registering to vote is not, and never has been, mandatory, I thought you meant the selective service.

Refusing to register implies they are required to do so.
We were talking about voting not Registering for the military learn how to read

I read quite well. I even read your butchered English.

You asked about the age of those allowed to vote. I answered by saying it should be the same as the selective service. And then added that the selective service should be expanded to include everyone regardless of gender. That was what I thought you were referring to.

It was a misunderstanding. Move along.
Apology noted, next I make you beg

LMAO! I wouldn't beg you for water if I was on fire. I explained the misunderstanding. Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant.

But tell me again how a person has to own a gun to join the revolution? To keep peace? Why wouldn't there be peace?

Or are you just fantasizing about a violent overthrow of the gov't again?
Just protecting my self

From what?

Make voting mandatory. Make tampering with the vote a crime equal to treason.
So you want to force us to vote?
Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?
Maybe if they don't show up to vote don't allow them to have a job?
Or maybe remove them from the country?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.
So now your changing your mind from making it mandatory to making it difficult to vote or not vote? How exactly are you going to make it difficult to not vote?
Tax someone for not voting? Who is responsible for the paperwork and the law suits when someone gets taxed because the paperwork is wrong?
Is there another way to make it difficult to not vote say forcing people to give up fulltime employment and go to part Time?
Ever heard of "civic duty"? Is the thing that built America now some sort of commie plot? This traditional American value is just about dead and conservatives killed it. The last vestige of this is jury duty. I have been summoned many times. God how people bitch about this small favor our community asks of us.
Now you have gone from forcing people to vote, to making it hard for them not to, to civic duty which you are somehow trying to blame conservatives for in some imagination to have eroded.
Now you are somehow complaining about jury duty. None of this has been any serious talking point it has been move things farther and farther away from the original post.
I take it you really don't have any ideas you are just parroting things you have heard.
You just can't read anything without jumping to the wrong conclusions, that's a problem with you.
Good,of you to blame someone else

What age?

The main change there is I would require everyone, regardless of gender, to register.
What if they refuse

Then the punishment that exists now will suffice. If you do not register you are not eligible for federal student aid, job training, or a federal job. You can also be fine $250,000 and sent jail for up to 5 years.
Hahahah hahahah how many people have been fined $250,000 for not registering to vote and then put in jail for five years?? Hahaha

And I was talking about registering for selective service. If someone chooses not to register to vote, why would they be punished at all?

You used the word "refuse". Since registering to vote is not, and never has been, mandatory, I thought you meant the selective service.

You asked about the age of those allowed to vote. I answered by saying it should be the same as the selective service. And then added that the selective service should be expanded to include everyone regardless of gender. That was what I thought you were referring to.

LMAO! I wouldn't beg you for water if I was on fire. I explained the misunderstanding. Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant.

But tell me again how a person has to own a gun to join the revolution? To keep peace? Why wouldn't there be peace?

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

The proposed 28th amendment should be made a part of the US Constitution.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

4) Term limits for every national level elected official.

5) Enact the Fair Tax Act.

6) Corporations are not people.

7) Lobbying will be treated as bribery.
Fair tax act? , corporations are not people? You sound a bit communist..

The Fair Tax Act is a consumption tax. It is not communist in any way.

As for corporations not being people, allowing corporations unlimited spending on campaign contributions is lunacy.
I would favor the Fair Tax Act if it was fair. Tax everything people buy including stocks and bonds. Why should the rich get a free ride?

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

As for corporations not being people, allowing corporations unlimited spending on campaign contributions is lunacy.
If corporations are people why aren't they limited to a few grand like the people are?

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

So the guns are to use against tyranny?

Namely:

If corporations are people why aren't they limited to a few grand like the people are?

I think they should not be allowed to contribute at all.

Namely:

I would favor the Fair Tax Act if it was fair. Tax everything people buy including stocks and bonds. Why should the rich get a free ride?

I think it is fair. It taxes every purchase of new goods and services. That would include stocks and bonds. It also gives a rebate on all taxes paid up to the poverty level.

In Palestine it is against the law to violate the constitution. In the US it "Ehh, oh well." That should change.

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

Tyrants.

Namely:

I think it is fair. It taxes every purchase of new goods and services. That would include stocks and bonds. It also gives a rebate on all taxes paid up to the poverty level.
I have heard different. Do you have a link to that?

It is true, though, that the poor would get rebates.

What age?

What if they refuse

Just protecting my self

From what?
Tyranny

Did I stutter!?

Namely:

I have a question for you on number three.
What do we cut to balance the budget?
Do we cut all welfare? Do we cut social security and Medicare?
Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
But what exactly do you want to cut? Bases overseas? Bases here at home? Jets, tanks? Military payroll? Maintenance on nuclear weapons?

Even if we cut the military by a third that will still only drop our defe it not balance the budget.

Cut the bloat. The military can do that. But only if they are forced. Perhaps cut Halliburton's mess halls, forced laundry, ect ect.
So you really have no idea how you want to cut it you are just parroting things. Got it. If you cut outside contractors then you have to hire for those positions or due without. Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help? I don't think that it would save the money you think it would since private companies are usually much more cost effective then government.

Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help?

I retired from the service, and during my time military personnel took care of those chores.

No reason they can't now.
Sure they can BUT here is the catch. Winterborn was talking 1/3 reduction in military spending. Even if a private company for some fanciful reason can't do things for less then what the federal government can that is going to amount to pennies compared to 1/3 of military spending.

I think the US Military can find a way to run on far less and still be an effective force to defend the USA.

Currently, we spend more than the next 10 countries. Are you telling me that cutting that leaves us defenseless?

Namely:

Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
But what exactly do you want to cut? Bases overseas? Bases here at home? Jets, tanks? Military payroll? Maintenance on nuclear weapons?

Even if we cut the military by a third that will still only drop our defe it not balance the budget.

Cut the bloat. The military can do that. But only if they are forced. Perhaps cut Halliburton's mess halls, forced laundry, ect ect.
So you really have no idea how you want to cut it you are just parroting things. Got it. If you cut outside contractors then you have to hire for those positions or due without. Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help? I don't think that it would save the money you think it would since private companies are usually much more cost effective then government.

Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help?

I retired from the service, and during my time military personnel took care of those chores.

Sure they can BUT here is the catch. Winterborn was talking 1/3 reduction in military spending. Even if a private company for some fanciful reason can't do things for less then what the federal government can that is going to amount to pennies compared to 1/3 of military spending.

I think the US Military can find a way to run on far less and still be an effective force to defend the USA.

Currently, we spend more than the next 10 countries. Are you telling me that cutting that leaves us defenseless?
Well back it up! Answer the mans question!! Boy

Namely:

I have heard different. Do you have a link to that?

It is true, though, that the poor would get rebates.

Namely:

Well back it up! Answer the mans question!! Boy

Look junior, go sit down and let the grownups discuss the issue. When your main contribution to the discussion of the US Military is that we should provide them the pay and benefits that were provided to the soldiers in the Revolutionary War, you show you are incapable of participating.

Forum List

Back