If you choose to vote for Trump I respect that. It's your vote to do with as you please.

Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Same for those that vote for Hillary. Likewise my vote is mine & neither of them will receive it. When the election draws a bit closer I will decide who gets my write in vote.

In the meantime show the same respect to me that I have shown you. Be it Hillary or Trump, my comments on them are not a reflection of what I think about you but rather a complete disgust for the position we find ourselves in.

If you're so petty that this request is beyond you all I have to offer as a back up is a hearty FUC YOU

:2up:

87b5ea46d8a2f1921eb3d51d977f9404.jpg

grandson turns 18 Sunday, and if I see him before the election, I'm going to remind him to register for the draft, and register to vote.

Considering the way he was raised, I have little doubt he'll vote Hillary, but I hope his choices in the future are better.

(Granddaughter is 19, and she MAY vote Trump. Haven't talked to her since she returned to college)

Politics are one of the greatest threats to human progress.

If any group of people were to bite the dust, it should be the tools that go to the polls.

Same for those that vote for Hillary. Likewise my vote is mine & neither of them will receive it. When the election draws a bit closer I will decide who gets my write in vote.

In the meantime show the same respect to me that I have shown you. Be it Hillary or Trump, my comments on them are not a reflection of what I think about you but rather a complete disgust for the position we find ourselves in.

If you're so petty that this request is beyond you all I have to offer as a back up is a hearty FUC YOU

:2up:
It's your vote use as you see fit that's all any of use can or should do without concern about how others feel about the decision. I'm so disgusted by both candidates I'm seriously leaning for just voting for the House and Senate races and skipping President.

I'm starting to believe that. I guess things have just gotten way worse with the advent of electronic voting and the general decline of society.

The reality is that this has always been the case.

Everyone has a different idea of when the good old days were, but the truth is that the same problems have always existed in one form or another.

I'm starting to believe that. I guess things have just gotten way worse with the advent of electronic voting and the general decline of society.

The reality is that this has always been the case.

Everyone has a different idea of when the good old days were, but the truth is that the same problems have always existed in one form or another.

Honestly, I feel like the parallels between the 21th century and 20th century are striking. I perhaps don't know enough about the 19th century; but I'd like to believe there was a sense of fair play then. Perhaps that's naive. Even in the 18th century there was apparently some shenanigans in voting by the founding fathers.

Honestly, I feel like the parallels between the 21th century and 20th century are striking. I perhaps don't know enough about the 19th century; but I'd like to believe there was a sense of fair play then. Perhaps that's naive. Even in the 18th century there was apparently some shenanigans in voting by the founding fathers.

Anyone with a strong education in history notices millions of parallels between today and any other time period.

Social structures have always stayed relatively the same throughout human history. The only differences involved technology and various illusions, like the concept of a people's republic.

Anyone with a strong education in history notices millions of parallels between today and any other time period.

Social structures have always stayed relatively the same throughout human history. The only differences involved technology and various illusions, like the concept of a people's republic.

I disagree. Many societies / generations are more moralistic than others. I concede the point you're trying to make to some degree though. I've read about history from various times and seen many parallels.

LBJ freely used the "N" word in public to refer to all Black people and so did FDR and FDR incarcerated American citizens without due process and the media took it all in stride or defended it or ignored it because both presidents were democrats. JFK had sexual relations with a Mafia babe and a Hollywood actress and the media took it in stride. Bill Clinton barely escaped indictment for rape because the statute of limitations expired and the liberal media laughed about the "Bimbo Eruption Squad".. Along comes a republican who ....gasp....was caught making suggestive comments about women in a five year old sound bite and the liberal media is freaking outraged.

LBJ freely used the "N" word in public to refer to all Black people and so did FDR and FDR incarcerated American citizens without due process and the media took it all in stride or defended it or ignored it because both presidents were democrats. JFK had sexual relations with a Mafia babe and a Hollywood actress and the media took it in stride. Bill Clinton barely escaped indictment for rape because the statute of limitations expired and the liberal media laughed about the "Bimbo Eruption Squad".. Along comes a republican who ....gasp....was caught making suggestive comments about women in a five year old sound bite and the liberal media is freaking outraged.

Sounds like liberal heroes to me.

Forum List

Back