If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion

If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion​

Why not? Not that I have a pig in this race but what specifically is the reasoning?

If a person privately supports abortion they shouldn't receive communion, but they wouldn't be denied because the sin would be between the person and God. One is supposed to be in a sinless state to receive the Eucharist, which for the majority would mean weekly confession.
The Church teaches abortion is a grave sin, one that can result in a person losing their salvation.

Right, so what teachings are specific to abortion?

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
I remember when I was over in the war and my wife and me would send tapes back and forth. My little girl sent me one and she said "daddy please come home alive." I sent her one back and I told her "baby girl you're dad is coming home...alive." You think I would abort her? No way dude. I kept my promise.

It's too bad we don't understand that the kids in other countries want the same thing.
we dont need a lecture about children from a killer of the unborn .

If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion​

Why not? Not that I have a pig in this race but what specifically is the reasoning?

If a person privately supports abortion they shouldn't receive communion, but they wouldn't be denied because the sin would be between the person and God. One is supposed to be in a sinless state to receive the Eucharist, which for the majority would mean weekly confession.
The Church teaches abortion is a grave sin, one that can result in a person losing their salvation.

Right, so what teachings are specific to abortion?
"Human life is sacred because from its beginning it involves the creative action of God and it remains for ever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end. God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being" ("Donum vitae," 5).

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
I remember when I was over in the war and my wife and me would send tapes back and forth. My little girl sent me one and she said "daddy please come home alive." I sent her one back and I told her "baby girl you're dad is coming home...alive." You think I would abort her? No way dude. I kept my promise.

It's too bad we don't understand that the kids in other countries want the same thing.
we dont need a lecture about children from a killer of the unborn .

That's what I was saying.

Theology is tuly for the stupid, supporting Putin’s statement that it’s absolutely necessary. Should the other puppet, Fauci, be excommunicated for adult deaths?

We also don't need a lecture about killing the unborn from those who advocate needlessly dropping bombs on the born.

Maybe you don't.

But that's not what's happening here.

What's happening here is that Biden is being told to vamoose by the Catholic Church, because the pResident doesn't believe in the basic tenets of the faith.

Pretty simple.

Would you complain as loudly if Biden said he was a muslim but was kicked out by the ayatollahs when he refused to sell bean pies and incense on the corner? Or if he said he was a hindu and denounced the cow who our hindu friends assert to be almighty god, and was kicked out by the leading swamis?

The Catholic Church is as entitled to have and enforce its own rules, just like any other religious faith.

Theology is tuly for the stupid, supporting Putin’s statement that it’s absolutely necessary. Should the other puppet, Fauci, be excommunicated for adult deaths?

Theology has been recognized as science since the 13th Century at least. Tom Aquinas in his Summa explains why, if you care to look it up.

And believe me, the scholastic hero was no dumb ass.

Why are you so anti-science?

"Next time I go to Church, I dare you to deny me Communion," Lieu tweeted.

Or you'll do what?
You have no right to call yourself a Christian if you support baby murder.

You have your beliefs and I have mine...

Look how I am not imposing my beliefs on to you but you want to use the Government to force others into your beliefs...

I will also point out the Jesus never made a reference to abortion even though it was common practice in the areas during his time.

But what he did say was "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

So as a good Christian, I have my beliefs about abortion, but I don't want to impose them onto others. This is what Christ told us to do... It is very clear...

So how about you being a good Christian....

We also don't need a lecture about killing the unborn from those who advocate needlessly dropping bombs on the born.

Maybe you don't.

But that's not what's happening here.

What's happening here is that Biden is being told to vamoose by the Catholic Church, because the pResident doesn't believe in the basic tenets of the faith.

Pretty simple.

Would you complain as loudly if Biden said he was a muslim but was kicked out by the ayatollahs when he refused to sell bean pies and incense on the corner? Or if he said he was a hindu and denounced the cow who our hindu friends assert to be almighty god, and was kicked out by the leading swamis?

The Catholic Church is as entitled to have and enforce its own rules, just like any other religious faith.

I care less about what happens between Biden and the Catholic Church. I'm not Catholic and I care less about Biden.

I didn't say a single word concerning either issue.

Or you'll do what?

Look how I am not imposing my beliefs on to you but you want to use the Government to force others into your beliefs...

I will also point out the Jesus never made a reference to abortion even though it was common practice in the areas during his time.

But what he did say was "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

So as a good Christian, I have my beliefs about abortion, but I don't want to impose them onto others. This is what Christ told us to do... It is very clear...

Actually, the Religious Left DOES impose its beliefs on people all the time. Forces people to accept its dogmas concerning abortion and gay marriage, among others.

The RCC is a private outfit, and if they want to kick someone out, who is the government, who is the media, to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

Then there are those Catholics who....

Get Divorced
Use Birth Control
Get sterilzed
Think Priests should marry

And there are some, like pResident Biden, who think that abortion is just hunkydory as well as Gay Marriage.

Since these beliefs of Sleepy Joe are opposed to those of the RCC, why shouldn't he be vulnerable to getting chucked out? Its a private organization with its own rules.

If a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses declares publicly that he feels that its wrong to bother people at home and its should be illegal to knock on their doors to pester them about religion, the JW leadership would tell him to get lost.

Ditto, if a Mormon refused to wear the official drawers of the LDS faith, declaring it to be "stupid".

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!

Ah, murder.

I wonder how many Catholics supported the war in Iraq and cheered when bombs fell and the US killed Saddam.

I wonder how many Catholics like executions too.

How many Catholics use their religion to try and hide bigotry rather than actually stand for things?

it shouldn’t likewise domestic policies should determine church dogma.

this threat to the Catholic church is very telling of the mindset of this radical leftist. Reminds me of how the Axis Powers threatened the Vatican in the 30s/40s

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!

Ah, murder.

I wonder how many Catholics supported the war in Iraq and cheered when bombs fell and the US killed Saddam.

How many Catholics use their religion to try and hide bigotry rather than actually stand for things?

The US didn't kill Saddam Hussein. He was actually executed by hanging by the government of Iraq, in accordance with their laws.

Ah, murder.

The US didn't kill Saddam Hussein. He was actually executed by hanging by the government of Iraq, in accordance with their laws.

I love it when I make a point in a post and then someone picks up on something and makes a total tangent out of it. So, you like ice cream?

Or you'll do what?

Its fine that you think that religious leaders should STFU if they believe that abortion is wrong and not mention it.

How about if a religious leaders wants to talk IN FAVOR of sodomy or some other issue that the left glorifies? Should liberal religious leaders shut up about political issues too?

What gives you the right to Instruct women how to use their bodies? It is purely religious based and driven by some filthy religious.

You can call me it what you like but when religion begins to control the people, move to north Korea. It is not illegal to do it. Catholic women do it everyday also and don't deny it then attend church with contraceptives in them, again against the church's will.

As for communion, it means nothing. Its some ancient trick attempting to convince you the body of Christ is in you. Bullshit. The reason religion is fading is because of the stupidity and arrogance it peddles. God laws, God said. Rubbish. Grow up.

What gives you the right to Instruct women how to use their bodies? It is purely religious based and driven by some filthy religious.

You can call me it what you like but when religion begins to control the people, move to north Korea. It is not illegal to do it. Catholic women do it everyday also and don't deny it then attend church with contraceptives in them, again against the church's will.

As for communion, it means nothing. Its some ancient trick attempting to convince you the body of Christ is in you. Bullshit. The reason religion is fading is because of the stupidity and arrogance it peddles. God laws, God said. Rubbish. Grow up.

If communion "means nothing" to Sleepy Joe and the rest of the libs, why are they making such a big to-do in regards to it by having a conniption as Biden is refused?

Forum List

Back