If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion

"Next time I go to Church, I dare you to deny me Communion," Lieu tweeted.

Or you'll do what?
You have no right to call yourself a Christian if you support baby murder.

You have your beliefs and I have mine...

Look how I am not imposing my beliefs on to you but you want to use the Government to force others into your beliefs...

I will also point out the Jesus never made a reference to abortion even though it was common practice in the areas during his time.

But what he did say was "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

So as a good Christian, I have my beliefs about abortion, but I don't want to impose them onto others. This is what Christ told us to do... It is very clear...

So how about you being a good Christian....

Actually, the Religious Left DOES impose its beliefs on people all the time. Forces people to accept its dogmas concerning abortion and gay marriage, among others.

The RCC is a private outfit, and if they want to kick someone out, who is the government, who is the media, to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

Nobody can be said to be forcing people to accept any "dogmas" regarding abortion or same-sex marriage inasmuch as no one is forcing anyone to have an abortion or to marry someone of the same sex. Leaving these decisions up to the individual is not forcing anything on anybody.

The boys who run the RCC are sending a message to voters to reject the candidacies of RCC candidates unless the voter agrees with the opinions that these boys put forth. These guys are free to kick anyone out of their club that they want to. But actions have consequences.

Or you'll do what?

Look how I am not imposing my beliefs on to you but you want to use the Government to force others into your beliefs...

I will also point out the Jesus never made a reference to abortion even though it was common practice in the areas during his time.

But what he did say was "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

So as a good Christian, I have my beliefs about abortion, but I don't want to impose them onto others. This is what Christ told us to do... It is very clear...

Actually, the Religious Left DOES impose its beliefs on people all the time. Forces people to accept its dogmas concerning abortion and gay marriage, among others.

The RCC is a private outfit, and if they want to kick someone out, who is the government, who is the media, to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

Nobody can be said to be forcing people to accept any "dogmas" regarding abortion or same-sex marriage inasmuch as no one is forcing anyone to have an abortion or to marry someone of the same sex. Leaving these decisions up to the individual is not forcing anything on anybody.

The boys who run the RCC are sending a message to voters to reject the candidacies of RCC candidates unless the voter agrees with the opinions that these boys put forth. These guys are free to kick anyone out of their club that they want to. But actions have consequences.

NO. The Catholic Church has certain beliefs. They don't have to stop those beliefs because you see a side to those beliefs affecting someone's politics. That would be a horrible idea.

They can't say "well it's OK because you are a politician". Does this put a politician in a bad place where he has to choose what he see's as his political obligations and religious obligations conflicting? It might. That's his choice to make.

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!

It’s not your table. Jesus didn’t put limitations on who should receive communion He only asked that we do it in remembrance of Him.

Communion should be held at an “open table” where all are welcome. Denying someone communion is simply wrong.

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!

It’s not your table. Jesus didn’t put limitations on who should receive communion He only asked that we do it in remembrance of Him.

Communion should be held at an “open table” where all are welcome. Denying someone communion is simply wrong.

I can appreciate your opinion on this matter. But the practice in the RCC has always been a bit different.

Are you a Roman Catholic?

If so, you would know that the church has established rules concerning communion and certainly has the right to do exactly that.

Or you'll do what?

In what way are you forced into abortion and gay sex? Accepting gay marriage has had absolutely no impact on my life whatsoever.

As a straight woman, gay marriage has has had no impact on my life at all. The only difference it made in my life was occasionally I get invited to a gay wedding.

I support a woman’s right to choose. I am not someone who has ever had an abortion or had need of one. I have marched at the head of an abortion rights march while six months pregnant, to preserve the right to choose for the little girl I was carrying and for her older sister.

If you don’t believe in abortion don’t have one. If you don’t believe in gay marriage marry someone of the opposite sex. Rights given to others do not infringe on your rights.

Your belief that something is wrong doesn’t make it wrong. Your religion is not my religion. That is the true meaning of freedom of religion.

I can appreciate your opinion on this matter. But the practice in the RCC has always been a bit different.

Are you a Roman Catholic?

If so, you would know that the church has established rules concerning communion and certainly has the right to do exactly that.

Yes the Catholic Church has politicized communion. They have their rules. I attended a Catholic funeral and communion was offered but only Catholics. This was offensive in the extreme. The Catholics do a lot of things that are really offensive, like raping and murdering children.

I was similarly offended when my husband’s grandmother refused to attend attend our wedding because it was being held in the Presbyterian Church, not a “real church”.

The Catholic Church is really in no position to tell others that they’re not right with God. Two weeks ago authorities found a mass grave at a Catholic residential school for native children in Canada. There were 265 children in that grave.

The Catholic Church has never apologized for their part in the residential schools horrors, nor have they paid reparations to the survivors of the residential schools. But they’re going to deny Joe Biden the Eucharist for supporting a woman’s right to choose.

The Catholic Church is really no position at this point in their existence to deny anyone anything over their beliefs. Popes have supported genocide, covered up paedophilia, and protected the guilty for generations uncounted.

It’s hard to take them seriously for denying communion to a decent man.

Do you really think our VP should knuckle under to the kiddy diddling Catholic church? You're probably not even Catholic.
Born and raised. He should go with the Church. But he won't because he is a piece of shit. Either you're loyal or you're not. Baby murder is not Christian.
It depends on the situation doesn't. If a woman aborts her pregnancy she's a cold blooded murderer but if we kill some kids in an airstrike in some war zone we just calmly dismiss it as an unavoidable part of war, collateral damage..no big deal.

Do you really think our VP should knuckle under to the kiddy diddling Catholic church? You're probably not even Catholic.
Born and raised. He should go with the Church. But he won't because he is a piece of shit. Either you're loyal or you're not. Baby murder is not Christian.
It depends on the situation doesn't. If a woman aborts her pregnancy she's a cold blooded murderer but if we kill some kids in an airstrike in some war zone we just calmly dismiss it as an unavoidable part of war, collateral damage..no big deal.
Don't even try to compare the two. A baby in a womb is innocent. When we launch airstrikes against the enemies of liberty it's because they are complete assholes.

Don't even try to compare the two. A baby in a womb is innocent. When we launch airstrikes against the enemies of liberty it's because they are complete assholes.
If we kill kids in an airstrike it's because they are assholes??...damn

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.
Well the not HW's response withstanding, the maj of Catholic Bishops would say that are not determining secular law but just saying who can take communion. The response to that, if you are interested, is that church going among catholics, esp male catholics, is less than any group. So you have an increasingly conservative minority dominating a church. And with the pedophile scandals, the catholic numbers are only buoyed by latino immigration, declining numbers out weighing even the protestant whites.

Or you'll do what?

Yeah, imo Liu's response was a little off. Of course the bishops are hypocritical in not opposing Trumps pushing executions, and then decrying Biden's pro choice. And catholic membership and declines in attendance show it. But the Bishops showed more concern for pedophile priests than children. In a society where children are prey, who can condemn women who cannot raise children but who are pregnant?

Or you'll do what?

Yeah, imo Liu's response was a little off. Of course the bishops are hypocritical in not opposing Trumps pushing executions, and then decrying Biden's pro choice. And catholic membership and declines in attendance show it. But the Bishops showed more concern for pedophile priests than children. In a society where children are prey, who can condemn women who cannot raise children but who are pregnant?

Is Trump Catholic? As far as I'm aware he is nothing. If Trump isn't Catholic and has no intention of taking part in the Catholic rituals there would be nothing hypocritical .

Well...this is interesting.

According to this...from 2008..

Mortal sins include (but not limited to):
polluting the environment, and engaging in "manipulative" genetic science
social injustices that cause poverty or "the excessive accumulation of wealth by a few".

This is in addition to the old fashioned favorites: lust, gluttony, avarice, sloth, anger, envy and pride.

Mortal sins are defined as "the gravest kind, which threaten the soul with eternal damnation unless absolved before death through confession or penitence."

Looking at this list....I can see a hell of a lot of people at deep risk for a communion purgatory.

Last edited:
Do you have faith that wafer of bread turns into the body of Jesus before you eat it? The Bishops do.

Abortion is a term used to describe medical procedure to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. Keep the Catholic away from medical and political decision. If they start sanctioning politicians they should start paying more in taxes.

The President should be the leader of all Americans not just the religionist and fundies.

Do you have faith that wafer of bread turns into the body of Jesus before you eat it? The Bishops do.

Abortion is a term used to describe medical procedure to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. Keep the Catholic away from medical and political decision. If they start sanctioning politicians they should start paying more in taxes.

The President should be the leader of all Americans not just the religionist and fundies.
The President can be anything he wants. He just can't be a Catholic while supporting anti Catholic policies. Now he is the leader of all Americans.

The President can be anything he wants. He just can't be a Catholic while supporting anti Catholic policies. Now he is the leader of all Americans.
It is the law. He is sworn to uphold the law. Not the word of a Pope or a Cadre of Bishops. Her choice is between the woman, her doctor, and God, if there is such a thing.

They are cannibalistic hypocrites. Judge not my ass!

It is the law. He is sworn to uphold the law. Not the word of a Pope or a Cadre of Bishops. Her choice is between the woman, her doctor, and God, if there is such a thing.

Okay. He can believe all that. He's upholding the law. He just can't be a Catholic. There is no law or other compulsion on the Catholic church to accept him as a practicing Catholic.

Millions, actually billions of people aren't Catholic. He can be Episcopalian and be semi Catholic. All these people get along just fine without the Pope. Biden can too.

Okay. He can believe all that. He's upholding the law. He just can't be a Catholic. There is no law or other compulsion on the Catholic church to accept him as a practicing Catholic.
Are they planning on excommunicating him too? He just might not be able to participate in that ritual from what I understand.

Forum List

Back