If we are going to have public schooling, especially compelled public schooling, we must take care of the human needs of children.

Given that the Democrats are going to continue to ecourage a flood of immigration criminals and that the Republicans do not have the balls to stop them, we have to deal with the reality of hundreds of thousands of non-English speaking, children of farm-workers, lawn-mowers, dishwashers being dumped on our educational system.

Saying, "but they shouldn't even beeeee here!" doesn't help at all.

People do not realize how this affects the schools.

These "schools" old guy fellow conservatives imagine are hilarious. LITERALLY the three R's. No history. No science. And heaven forfend we touch the arts no matter what the brain research says...oh wait! We never read no brain research see....no science!
The biggest problem with teaching is that you don't have enough time to do it. Everyone is on a strict time schedule, and that is subject to interferences. Those who can't keep up are simply left behind. Another problem is that the students really don't know what they are supposed to learn. Kinda like sending them to the store without a shopping list.

Last edited:
I think you are missing the bigger picture, that is who are these people that you have in your control for nine months of the year, 5 days a week, 7 hours per day, for 13 years?

.....the very same people you want to trust around small children WITH GUNS.

You were saying?

These "schools" old guy fellow conservatives imagine are hilarious. LITERALLY the three R's. No history. No science. And heaven forfend we touch the arts no matter what the brain research says...oh wait! We never read no brain research see....no science!
I was taught real history. I was also taught science. I went on to get an advanced degree in Engineering. The schools I went to in the 1950s and early 1960s focused on the three Rs, not social bullshit.

Have you seen an 8th grade test from the 1920s? Most High School graduates nowadays would fail it. Probably a good number of college graduates.

.....the very same people you want to trust around small children WITH GUNS.

You were saying?
I was saying, who are these kids? Read it again.

Also, I never posted that reply, I edited it out. Some of my replies are posted before I even finish them.

Regarding arming teachers, a PBS program recently featured interviews with teachers (mostly female) that universally rejected the idea. After watching a dozen or so testimonies from these women I concluded that not only do I not want them anywhere near a firearm but I don't want them anywhere near a schoolhouse.

Last edited:
I was taught real history. I was also taught science. I went on to get an advanced degree in Engineering. The schools I went to in the 1950s and early 1960s focused on the three Rs, not social bullshit.

Have you seen an 8th grade test from the 1920s? Most High School graduates nowadays would fail it. Probably a good number of college graduates.
True. I perused my mother's HS yearbook from 1927. The creativity, content, and quality of writing far surpasses anything I experienced in the 1950's. Certainly college level stuff today.

Yes, and I know that many people would say that is horrible, why should taxpayers be on the hook for daycare for students.

But think about it from a cost-effectiveness point of view. If that teen mom does not at least finish high school, she is all but destined for lifetime welfare, including having more babies to stay eligible. In refusing to pay a few thousand dollars for her child care, we destine the taxpayers to hundreds of thousands of dollars paying for her dependency.

What's horrible is 14 year olds making poor choices that reduce the opportunities for their future to all but one.

Given that the Democrats are going to continue to ecourage a flood of immigration criminals and that the Republicans do not have the balls to stop them, we have to deal with the reality of hundreds of thousands of non-English speaking, children of farm-workers, lawn-mowers, dishwashers being dumped on our educational system.

Saying, "but they shouldn't even beeeee here!" doesn't help at all.
ALL kids deserve the best education we can provide them. ALL kids.

I was saying, who are these kids? Read it again.

Also, I never posted that reply, I edited it out. Some of my replies are posted before I even finish them.

Regarding arming teachers, a PBS program recently featured interviews with teachers (mostly female) that universally rejected the idea. After watching a dozen or so testimonies from these women I concluded that not only do I not want them anywhere near a firearm but I don't want them anywhere near a schoolhouse.

Well now we are moving toward consistency. You were gung-ho on hating teachers and Uvalde happened and you wanted to give all of us guns. Hello?? How does that make sense? Newsflash: it never did.

Well now we are moving toward consistency. You were gung-ho on hating teachers and Uvalde happened and you wanted to give all of us guns. Hello?? How does that make sense? Newsflash: it never did.
Not ALL of you get guns. Just trained resource officers. No, dear, no one would ever give you a gun. Why, that would be criminal.

I have no problem with teachers who refuse to protect their kids as a last line of defense. That's on them. I do have a problem with those same teachers that insist that no teacher be armed, regardless of their capability.

I don't hate teachers. They mostly have my sympathy as they are often unable to do their job because of all the extraneous baggage that is dumped on them. The fact remains that they are often unable to do the job they were hired to do, and yet they are never fired because of this. The baggage is simply incorporated into the curriculum. So, the hour is spent dealing with baggage, and teaching with whatever time is left over.

Last edited:
You concentrate on ALL students.
Big Hack Attack

That is Marxist. "From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." We will only make progress if we reward ability first and up front. There's no reason, except a Commie one, to not give superior students the same immediate material rewards we give superior athletes from childhood on. Until then, we must use our brains to wipe out those who created this intelligence-insulting education.

Big Hack Attack

That is Marxist. "From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." ....
You very clearly don't understand what that means or the topic in general. It is the furthest thing from "Marxist" (which you also don't understand).

Forum List

Back