If we are going to have public schooling, especially compelled public schooling, we must take care of the human needs of children.

Certainly.

If their parents had been provided a truly equal education, in which the school makes sure that students are ready to learn, before they teach them, then likely they would be raised in homes in which food, shelter, and study opportunities are provided.

As it is, the public schools are only perpetuating the cycle of poverty, ensuring that the children of successful parents will grow up successful (as they would have anyway without the public schools), and that the children of poverty will stay in poverty.

Obviously, there are exceptions, children who rise above their poverty and succeed, and children who throw away the opportunities they are given by caring parents. But for the most part, children are no more successful in public schools than were their parents.
Juniorocracy

College education means the student's Daddy buys him a job. As usual, statistics are misinterpreted. The greater wealth of college graduates doesn't reflect the true value of "education"; it reflects the wealth of their birth-class. Exceptions prove the rule and are irrelevant.

Dividing into only two classes, wealth and "poverty (= inferior feral minorities)" is also misleading. Only those born into the White working-class are important. They built this country, not the Sissies in Suitcoats.

Yes, liberals have fucked up what used to be a nearly universally supported government program. Nothing is more natural than for parents to want their children educated, and nothing - other than basic police and fire services - is more acceptable to communities as a tax-funded expense.

In the days in which the U.S. economy was primarily farming, schools were held during the winter months, so that children were available to help with farm work. No one said "school days are school days, too bad if a kids parents can't afford to do without the extra labor." Sadly, now a large part of our economy is welfare. The welfare mentality is not to spend money on kids, but to get free stuff due to having kids. We cannot change that mentality without ending welfare as we know it, and there is not the political will to do that.

As a public school teacher, I have to note that we already take care of a large part of our student's life needs that affect their ability to learn. We send a bus to their door or close to it, we feed them breakfast and lunch, we provide them showers (middle school and above), and we have counselors available who can refer parents to agencies if they need help.

It's only once in a while that we run into a sticking point, like a kid whose parents won't bother to get them glasses. But, when we hit that sticking point, an attitude I see is "well, this is the last straw! If those parents can't even take this voucher the nurse offered and get them to an optometrist, that isn't our problem."

But it is our problem. Seven hours a day, five days a week, we have to deal with a kid who can't learn because he can't see and then we act surprised that the kids acts out.
All valid points.

My wife is a retired school teacher and I think she would agree with everything you said.

Frankly I think that's something you typed that you're crediting to me. I didn't type that out....I said schools are basically orphanages for many children, but no one acknowledges this.
That's because their kids are getting the bennies.

Juniorocracy

College education means the student's Daddy buys him a job. As usual, statistics are misinterpreted. The greater wealth of college graduates doesn't reflect the true value of "education"; it reflects the wealth of their birth-class. Exceptions prove the rule and are irrelevant.

Dividing into only two classes, wealth and "poverty (= inferior feral minorities)" is also misleading. Only those born into the White working-class are important. They built this country, not the Sissies in Suitcoats.

At one school where I used to work there was a daycare center in the high school for the children of the students.
Yes, and I know that many people would say that is horrible, why should taxpayers be on the hook for daycare for students.

But think about it from a cost-effectiveness point of view. If that teen mom does not at least finish high school, she is all but destined for lifetime welfare, including having more babies to stay eligible. In refusing to pay a few thousand dollars for her child care, we destine the taxpayers to hundreds of thousands of dollars paying for her dependency.

True. A person's home life probably influences their future more than all the schooling they've had. In many cases the die is cast before the kid sets foot in school.
If the Ruling Class Thinks So Little of Brains, Let There Be a Brain Drain

You have to play the cards you're dealt. Under the present system, there's no reason for non-Preppies to ever study for college. Even the highest IQs should learn about non-educational opportunities and go to school on that.

Taxes are forced by the government.

I do not want my tax money to be used to pay other people's bills.

I don't mind it being used for a literacy school providing it is managed on a local level and focuses on reading, writing and arithmetic.

The parents need to provide for the welfare of their kids. It is not my responsibility.

If I feel like helping children in need I want to do it though charity, not government mandates.

I help support an orphanage now and have no problem helping children but I do not want the government to be a welfare agency so that deadbeat parents don't have to take care of their children.

No welfare, grants, subsidies, bailouts or entitlements. That is real Conservative values.
A True Rebel Would Object, "Why Should I Pay Taxes to Make the Rich Richer?"

You sound anti-social, but your idea could be applied in a constructive way. If we need a better-educated work force, let the employers pay their employees to get educated, not the taxpayers. This was the only way when computers first started to become important. Since no colleges back then produced computer-science graduates, businesses had to pay the most intelligent employees to go to some training facility.

If the Ruling Class Thinks So Little of Brains, Let There Be a Brain Drain

You have to play the cards you're dealt. Under the present system, there's no reason for non-Preppies to ever study for college. Even the highest IQs should learn about non-educational opportunities and go to school on that.
Absolutely. If school is to prepare kids to fill the needs of society, they should at least be aware of what those needs are. Many don't require a college degree to fill. Many don't even require a high school diploma.

Yes, liberals have fucked up what used to be a nearly universally supported government program. Nothing is more natural than for parents to want their children educated, and nothing - other than basic police and fire services - is more acceptable to communities as a tax-funded expense.

In the days in which the U.S. economy was primarily farming, schools were held during the winter months, so that children were available to help with farm work. No one said "school days are school days, too bad if a kids parents can't afford to do without the extra labor." Sadly, now a large part of our economy is welfare. The welfare mentality is not to spend money on kids, but to get free stuff due to having kids. We cannot change that mentality without ending welfare as we know it, and there is not the political will to do that.

As a public school teacher, I have to note that we already take care of a large part of our student's life needs that affect their ability to learn. We send a bus to their door or close to it, we feed them breakfast and lunch, we provide them showers (middle school and above), and we have counselors available who can refer parents to agencies if they need help.

It's only once in a while that we run into a sticking point, like a kid whose parents won't bother to get them glasses. But, when we hit that sticking point, an attitude I see is "well, this is the last straw! If those parents can't even take this voucher the nurse offered and get them to an optometrist, that isn't our problem."

But it is our problem. Seven hours a day, five days a week, we have to deal with a kid who can't learn because he can't see and then we act surprised that the kids acts out.
The Flip Side of All This Is That It Is an Insult the Fittest

Why are you concentrating on the unfit? That's the same as requiring the football coach to spend all his time trying to improve the skills of those he had to cut in tryouts.

The Flip Side of All This Is That It Is an Insult the Fittest

Why are you concentrating on the unfit? That's the same as requiring the football coach to spend all his time trying to improve the skills of those he had to cut in tryouts.
That's exactly right.

My point is that if we are not going to educate the unfittest, unfit because they do not come to school prepared to learn, then why force them to come to school at all?

Yes, and I know that many people would say that is horrible, why should taxpayers be on the hook for daycare for students.

But think about it from a cost-effectiveness point of view. If that teen mom does not at least finish high school, she is all but destined for lifetime welfare, including having more babies to stay eligible. In refusing to pay a few thousand dollars for her child care, we destine the taxpayers to hundreds of thousands of dollars paying for her dependency.
Baby Mamas' Hofare

You're begging the question. The same illogical argument is used about educating the spawn of immigration criminals.

Baby Mamas' Hofare

You're begging the question. The same illogical argument is used about educating the spawn of immigration criminals.
Given that the Democrats are going to continue to ecourage a flood of immigration criminals and that the Republicans do not have the balls to stop them, we have to deal with the reality of hundreds of thousands of non-English speaking, children of farm-workers, lawn-mowers, dishwashers being dumped on our educational system.

Saying, "but they shouldn't even beeeee here!" doesn't help at all.

Absolutely. If school is to prepare kids to fill the needs of society, they should at least be aware of what those needs are. Many don't require a college degree to fill. Many don't even require a high school diploma.
Only Those With Talent Should Call the Shots on Education

I have no reason to follow that misleading line of the parasitic ruling class. The few who can do economically valuable work in college should refuse to do so unless paid more than they can expect from any other job at that age. Just like perfect-SAT Bill Gates, they should use their brains only in non-academic pursuits.

Last edited:
Given that the Democrats are going to continue to encourage a flood of immigration criminals and that the Republicans do not have the balls to stop them, we have to deal with the reality of hundreds of thousands of non-English speaking, children of farm-workers, lawn-mowers, dishwashers being dumped on our educational system.

Saying, "but they shouldn't even beeeee here!" doesn't help at all.
Serfs Up!

"Given"? We don't have to give these oligarchic cliques anything. Don't give up; take our country back from the self-defined elite. Let them deal with the reality of betraying those who outnumber them thousands to one. It's time to reject this entire system for allowing such anti-White treason.

A True Rebel Would Object, "Why Should I Pay Taxes to Make the Rich Richer?"

You sound anti-social, but your idea could be applied in a constructive way. If we need a better-educated work force, let the employers pay their employees to get educated, not the taxpayers. This was the only way when computers first started to become important. Since no colleges back then produced computer-science graduates, businesses had to pay the most intelligent employees to go to some training facility.
How about no welfare at all and let the chips fall where they may?

It is not my responsibility to make you employable. It is your responsibility.

As a side note. Putting tons of money into education does not produce better educated people.

Before the Federal Department of Educated was created the US was first in the world in Education. Now untold billions of dollars later we are hard put to be break into 20.

Taxes are forced by the government.

I do not want my tax money to be used to pay other people's bills.

I don't mind it being used for a literacy school providing it is managed on a local level and focuses on reading, writing and arithmetic.

The parents need to provide for the welfare of their kids. It is not my responsibility.

If I feel like helping children in need I want to do it though charity, not government mandates.

I help support an orphanage now and have no problem helping children but I do not want the government to be a welfare agency so that deadbeat parents don't have to take care of their children.

No welfare, grants, subsidies, bailouts or entitlements. That is real Conservative values.

These "schools" old guy fellow conservatives imagine are hilarious. LITERALLY the three R's. No history. No science. And heaven forfend we touch the arts no matter what the brain research says...oh wait! We never read no brain research see....no science!

Forum List

Back