If Republicans win the House - will new Speaker McCarthy terminate the J6 Committee?

They have been investigating for two years and want season 3 without the ratings to support renewal.

I hope so! Hopefully a new Republican-led Congress can't bury the final report.
The committee will end.

The committee will make certain before they end to take measures that prevent it being buried....they likely will release it all before Rs take over on Jan 3, is my best guess.

They have been investigating for two years and want season 3 without the ratings to support renewal.
A year and a half and not two years, with a lot of obstructions from Trumpers in the admin and elsewhere, refusing to testify and denying subpoenas for records and claiming the fifth or executive privilege.... Initiating law suits, appealing rulings and so on and so forth, all to stall the American people from getting to the truth about what really happened on 1/6, and why it went down, the way it did...

If he does - I suspect his tenure as Speaker will only last 2 years. He should think very hard before making his decision. Putting all politics aside, I think the J6 Committee is very important for the sake of history and should be allowed to fully complete the final report. Also, if new Speaker McCarthy only changed the J6 Committee membership - that would pretty much be the same as terminating it. What do you think?

You haven't yet learned the 1/6 committee is just a shit show. What do you expect to come of it?

If he does - I suspect his tenure as Speaker will only last 2 years. He should think very hard before making his decision. Putting all politics aside, I think the J6 Committee is very important for the sake of history and should be allowed to fully complete the final report. Also, if new Speaker McCarthy only changed the J6 Committee membership - that would pretty much be the same as terminating it. What do you think?
Yes the Democrat Stalinist show trial goes bye bye.

Keep the same lineup of Dems. Including Liz Cheney, who can be given an invitation subpoena to come band and testify to this fact-finding body.

But also add the two Jims - Jordan and Banks - that the Dems were afraid to let be on the committee.

I can't think of a single legal reason that all video depositions and other records of the committee thus far would not be the property of the enhanced committee. I'm sure the Dems will try, but that will only make them look guiltier.

That has been the pattern for Dems lately. They prefer to be seen as hiding something than to have us see what they're hiding.

If Cheney refuses the subpoena, or shows up for it, but refuses to answer questions for any excuse whatsoever, there would be no reason for Trump to honor the supbpoena they sent him.

He will come up with something even more wasteful of taxpayer dollars
Investigating the summoning and incitement of an Insurrectionist Mob to assault the US Congress whilst certifying a presidential election is NOT a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Rather, it is entirely appropriate and necessary to identify those responsible and hold them responsible and punish them in order to lessen the chance of it ever recurring.

The J6 Committee is now on a tight timeline... they must complete their work and then issue any needed referrals to a grand jury or the DoJ prior to Congress adjourning.

Last edited:

He won't have to as the committee ends with this session of Congress. But don't be surprised if h cranks up the 9th investigation into Benghazi.

Investigating the summoning and incitement of an Insurrectionist Mob to assault the US Congress whilst certifying a presidential election is NOT a waste of taxpayer dollars.

The president said to go there peacefully. That is it. His responsibility is done. But your hatred for Trump far outweighs anything Trump has actually done wrong.

If J6 was so bad, why did it take a year and a half before the first meeting? How much of an insurrection is it when nobody is armed except the capitol police who shot an unarmed white woman? Then 6 capitol police officers are reprimanded because they admitted to opening the door and letting these people in?

Last edited:
He won't have to as the committee ends with this session of Congress. But don't be surprised if h cranks up the 9th investigation into Benghazi.
Good!

Congress originates spending bills when it isn't running phony investigations. I prefer the investigations to more armed robbery.

Let them re-open the Kennedy assasination, or the FBI's attempted murder of MLK.

Or John Wilkes Booth, or Benedict Arnold, whatever keeps them busy.

The GOP house needs someone other than the favorite here of rightwinger faun and candy

Kevin McCarthy is completely unacceptable. We need a speaker who will CUT SPENDING and hold crooks, liars and traitors accountable. Kevin McCarthy is a crook and a liar who has no interest at all in cutting spending.

Why not? Bring back Hunter's laptop, drag him up before a committee, and make him rat out his pedophile father.

Jan. 6 was fucking boring. Hunter's laptop and the Biden Crime Family has everything: Sex, drugs, perversion, intrigue, spy vs. spy, graft, corruption, and the story of a simple Senator from Scranton who works his way up from his humble beginnings, becomes President, then becomes indicted for corruption, fraud, and treason.

It would make a great movie!
I bet Pedo Biden was right there when his son was playing "nakey" with the 12 year old girls....

Good!

Congress originates spending bills when it isn't running phony investigations. I prefer the investigations to more armed robbery.

Let them re-open the Kennedy assasination, or the FBI's attempted murder of MLK.

Or John Wilkes Booth, or Benedict Arnold, whatever keeps them busy.

So you admit you don't know they can draft bills at the same time as holding investigations.

That would be... stupid.

Hey, if I got ahold of your computer, are there any pictures on there you wouldn't want put on national TV?

Going after a private citizen is a big political risk. It's a basic rule, you leave family alone.
That is exactly what they raided Trump for and came up empty. Fuck your basic rules. Look what they did to Trump's children. Your party has thrown the Constitution in the garbage. And you must have the memory of a goldfish.

That is exactly what they raided Trump for and came up empty. Fuck your basic rules. Look what they did to Trump's children. Your party has thrown the Constitution in the garbage. And you must have the memory of a goldfish.

Except Trump isn't a private citizen, he's an ex-president who illegally retained classified documents.
And Trump's children are being civilly sued for their conduct as corporate officers.

You guys want to go after Hunter for naughty pictures on his laptop. That's just crazy talk, man. Particularly since most of those pictures were photoshopped by the Russians.

The committee is just like every other committee before it. Never intending to accomplish anything. Yes it should end. By the time of the next Congress it will have been going on for nearly two years.

Forum List

Back