If L.A. had a modern rail system like many major cities around the world.

Ohhhh the old family excuse. It's good for everything.

The sad fact is we do have rail. That's where the crazed throw people onto the tracks, randomly stab them or bash their heads in. Why? Because they are crazy and some insane fan or homeless person would stab the poor man just for the fame
I've lived in NYC,
but that's not what we're talking about, twisted sister.

Would Kobe Bryant have been routinely travelling across town by helicopter
in order to avoid traffic and save time ?

In other words, is this country's poor infrastucture indirectly to blame for his death ?
I say yes. Not that he'd be riding the train, but the freeways would be clear enough for a smooth 45 minute limo drive, or in one of his Ferrari's or Lamborghini's.

Shanghai, China.
180373d2873015cdd69f0c.jpg

shanghai-hongqiao-railway-station-1140.jpg

Los Angeles Freeway
634728-la-traffic.jpg

The cost to build a metro in LA would be crushing. And, the Paris Metro, the best I have ever traveled on, is cramped, and noisy.

The rich and famous in Paris use helicopters.

Seeing how well their Bullet Train ate money I doubt its possible with all the crony corruption there.
Fossil fuel propaganda aside, what's your point ?
Kobe Bryant started using helicopters as a player as a way to maintain his body and spend more time with his family
Just the facts.....inconvenient as always., and celebs dont deign to mix with the little people except under controlled circumstances.
The little people harass them unto misery. When the little people aren't harassing them the paparazzi are putting their lives in danger. If Kobe were seen by a pap driving on the freeway the pap would run him off the road just to film the accident.

Not sure if you can even see the difference.
I'm triggered ?
You're the fossil fuel advocate who's triggered here.
Prove me wrong.
I did in My first post to you.

You see, even if the taxpayer footed a billion-dollar bill for a rail system, Kobe would still have been on that copter.

So, you lose in national spending, you lose in local spending, and you lose in being triggered on a celeb who means nothing to about 95% fo the world.

I wonder how many famous European soccer players spend a small fortune for helicopter service.
train4.jpg

Most of them. Anyone who has money takes helicopters. Their time is valuable and they hate wasting it.

You laugh but that just means you are not thinking. Worldwide there are TWO high speed rail systems that pay for themselves.

Technology makes travel faster and more efficient.

Trains are not efficient save in certain very specific situations.

Educate yourself instead of blathering like a fool.

You laugh but that just means you are not thinking. Worldwide there are TWO high speed rail systems that pay for themselves.

Since I started posting online over 15 years ago, any time I mention high speed rail ( or anything green-energy really) it never fails that within minutes, 3 or 4 fossil fuel spokes-clones like you and your pals come crawling out of the abandoned wells from somewhere to chime in.

Same arrogant attitudes. Same old talking points -- same old insulting language.

Last edited:

Since I started posting online over 15 years ago, any time I mention high speed rail ( or anything green-energy really) it never fails that within minutes, 3 or 4 fossil fuel spokes-clones like you and your pals come crawling out of the abandoned wells from somewhere to chime in.

Same arrogant attitudes. Same old talking points -- same old insulting language.

You insult by laughing instead of engaging in conversation. You don't want to learn anything, you merely want to talk AT people.

Guess what, educated people, like me, know far more about the subject than you do.

High-speed-rail makes sense in only one location in the United States. If you've been an advocate for for so long, surely even you know they make no sense anywhere else in the US. The NE corridor, the Acela line. That line makes sense because there is a population of over 40 million people along that line.

In my opinion, what would make sense would be making major improvements and added rails for freight. Potentially that could take thousands of trucks off our highways.

High-speed-rail makes sense in only one location in the United States. If you've been an advocate for for so long, surely even you know they make no sense anywhere else in the US. The NE corridor, the Acela line. That line makes sense because there is a population of over 40 million people along that line.

In my opinion, what would make sense would be making major improvements and added rails for freight. Potentially that could take thousands of trucks off our highways.
Reaganomics BS.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

High-speed-rail makes sense in only one location in the United States. If you've been an advocate for so long, surely even you know they make no sense anywhere else in the US. The NE corridor, the Acela line. That line makes sense because there is a population of over 40 million people along that line.

Reaganomics BS.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

You must be confused, this is a thread about the fallacies high-speed rail.

Mass rapid is typically most effective in densely populated areas. Although California has a lot of people, the relative density is much less than many eastern cities like New York and Chicago. That and the fact that Californy is full of liberal self centered duche bags who only pay lip service to saving the planet, but think it should be others to pay the cost.

You insult by laughing instead of engaging in conversation. You don't want to learn anything, you merely want to talk AT people.

Guess what, educated people, like me, know far more about the subject than you do.
You're a common fossil fuel advocate troll,
straight out of the plastic goop mold.
BMYUu88a1aRaiilCdcliK2vb1uMjuFs1CZaIa91llZXpUGZMEJh-4bTqfWrghk2PxrzpALpq8tvfDkFxIOV_8iy5teltw0irRyNBdLd-w4iYEH1njQ

Ahhhh, but I don't advocate for fossil fuel usage. I would love to see EVs take over for the common passenger car.

But only if it is more efficient and effective. When EVs get to that point you won't have to force people into them.

That's the point, child.

Would Kobe Bryant have been routinely travelling across town by helicopter
in order to avoid traffic and save time ?

In other words, is this country's poor infrastucture indirectly to blame for his death ?
I say yes. Not that he'd be riding the train, but the freeways would be clear enough for a smooth 45 minute limo drive, or in one of his Ferrari's or Lamborghini's.
So, the taxpayers should get stuck with 20 billion dollars so Kobe Bryant can avoid traffic?
Money invested in infrastructure pays benefits, even if it is borrowed money. We just had Trump's tax cuts, money we borrowed to give to ourselves. You can argue the fairness of it but not that we'll all be paying interest until it is repaid and the benefits will be slim.

Money invested in infrastructure pays benefits, even if it is borrowed money. We just had Trump's tax cuts, money we borrowed to give to ourselves. You can argue the fairness of it but not that we'll all be paying interest until it is repaid and the benefits will be slim.
Infrastructure investment is money in the bank, as compared to what's spent on unnecessary wars
which is flushing it down the shitter.

Infrastructure investment is money in the bank, as compared to what's spent on unnecessary wars
which is flushing it down the shitter.

but you want the rest of the country to pay for a rail system for the richest STATE in the union after theyve already bankrupted themselves,,,

FUCK THAT,,,,,,

Forum List

Back