If L.A. had a modern rail system like many major cities around the world.

Money invested in infrastructure pays benefits, even if it is borrowed money. We just had Trump's tax cuts, money we borrowed to give to ourselves. You can argue the fairness of it but not that we'll all be paying interest until it is repaid and the benefits will be slim.
Infrastructure investment is money in the bank, as compared to what's spent on unnecessary wars
which is flushing it down the shitter.

What a retarded assertion. Infrastructure that is USED is money in the bank. Infrastructure that is not used is a net loss.

but you want the rest of the country to pay for a rail system for the richest STATE in the union after theyve already bankrupted themselves,,,

FUCK THAT,,,,,,
The first one's should already be between DC and Boston, and then Florida, Texas, and California.

But for the sake of this argument in, a line between San Diego, LA and San Francisco
would alleviate 30 to 40% of the traffic flow.

Last edited:
but you want the rest of the country to pay for a rail system for the richest STATE in the union after theyve already bankrupted themselves,,,

FUCK THAT,,,,,,
The first one's should already be between DC and Boston, and then Florida, Texas, and California.

they already exist and no ones uses them,,,
Not talking about (sc)Amtrack Uncle Joe.
only because it would defuse your argument,,,

and for coast to coast planes will always be faster and more efficient,,,,

FUCK THAT,,,,,,

But for the sake of this argument in, a line between San Diego, LA and San Francisco

Calculate the cost of the cement needed to build just one of those lines. Include the CO2 produced and give an estimate of how many trees you would have to plant to offset the CO2 cost for just the cement.

Let's see how smart you are.

FUCK THAT,,,,,,

Calculate the cost of the cement needed to build just one of those lines. Include the CO2 produced and give an estimate of how many trees you would have to plant to offset the CO2 cost for just the cement.

Let's see how smart you are.
there you went and did it,,,
now he has to think it through,,,and he was already content with using the death of a man to push his political agenda,,,

Would Kobe Bryant have been routinely travelling across town by helicopter
in order to avoid traffic and save time ?

In other words, is this country's poor infrastucture indirectly to blame for his death ?
I say yes. Not that he'd be riding the train, but the freeways would be clear enough for a smooth 45 minute limo drive, or in one of his Ferrari's or Lamborghini's.

Shanghai, China.
180373d2873015cdd69f0c.jpg

shanghai-hongqiao-railway-station-1140.jpg

Los Angeles Freeway
634728-la-traffic.jpg
Years ago they had a rail system and scrapped it in favor of building shit loads of freeways. It was called the red car. If they'd kept it, maintained and improved it over the years it would be running today.

Steet trolleys just like san fran ...bigger system to

In other words, is this country's poor infrastucture indirectly to blame for his death ?
I say yes. Not that he'd be riding the train, but the freeways would be clear enough for a smooth 45 minute limo drive, or in one of his Ferrari's or Lamborghini's.

Shanghai, China.

Los Angeles Freeway
634728-la-traffic.jpg

The cost to build a metro in LA would be crushing. And, the Paris Metro, the best I have ever traveled on, is cramped, and noisy.

The rich and famous in Paris use helicopters.

Shanghai, China.

Los Angeles Freeway
634728-la-traffic.jpg

SORRY DUMBASS, but kobe wouldnt have taken it,,,

Well having gotten my pilots license in the LA metro area, I flew mostly out of LGB to all the area airports, I can tell you that flying in that area is not the safest. Especially in the area of the crash. For starters you're flying in aluminum overcast the traffic is so thick and around the HollywoodHills and San Bernadino mountains rock piles. Just to make things really interesting you've got the Van Nuys and Hollywood-Burbank airports with some of the flakiest pilots in the sky coming and going, then to add to the pucker factor there's often smog and or fog. You're taking your life in your hands even if you're on top of your game flying in that area.
Getting around LA just isn't easy no matter how you go about it.

Last edited:

Shanghai, China.

Los Angeles Freeway
634728-la-traffic.jpg

The cost to build a metro in LA would be crushing. And, the Paris Metro, the best I have ever traveled on, is cramped, and noisy.

The rich and famous in Paris use helicopters.

Shanghai, China.

Los Angeles Freeway
634728-la-traffic.jpg

SORRY DUMBASS, but kobe wouldnt have taken it,,,

Well having gotten my pilots license in the LA metro area, I flew mostly out of LGB to all the area airports, I can tell you that flying in that area is not the safest. Especially in the area of the crash. For starters you're flying in aluminum overcast the traffic is so thick and around the HollywoodHills and San Bernadino mountains rock piles. Just to make things really interesting you've got the Van Nuys and Hollywood-Burbank airports with some of the flakiest pilots in the sky coming and going, then to add to the pucker factor there's often smog and or fog. You're taking your life in your hands even if you're on top of your game flying in that area.
Getting around LA just isn't easy no matter how you go about it.

I got my private pilots rating at Van Nuys back in the day. Yes, it's crowded, but no worse than any other big metro area. The weather is what killed them. The pilot wasn't IFR rated, apparently, nor did the Sikorsky have a new GPS system, like the Garmin, or Aspen systems that give you a 3D view of what you are flying into.

I have the new Garmin, I am surprised a very wealthy air traveler didn't.

The major issue is that people prefer cars. Cars at least gives us the feeling of freedom. And when comparing trains to flying, they prefer flying.

The elites would never use public transportation. Most of them of course support it, since most of them also don't pay taxes, either, and it would make their commutes around town so much more pleasant and faster if all you proles were sandwiched into rolling sardine cans and having to fight over seats that haven't been shit in by the homeless.

The way to improve traffic in LA is to start charging everybody in that desert the full cost of all that water that gets re-directed to the region from elsewhere. That will thin the place out considerably. It was a ridiculous region to build a city in in the first place. Time to let it die off.

If you're ever in the area, just pull off on the shoulder anywhere on the highway that runs from LA to Vegas, and count all the discarded needles you can find within 50 feet, no matter where you stop. Now multiply that by 100 and you will get close to the number that will be littering the floors and seats of the trains. My own count stopped at 25, and I just walked around my truck checking my tires a few miles outside of Barstow.

There is a good reason why that shithole attracts so many deviants and sociopaths.

Money invested in infrastructure pays benefits, even if it is borrowed money. We just had Trump's tax cuts, money we borrowed to give to ourselves. You can argue the fairness of it but not that we'll all be paying interest until it is repaid and the benefits will be slim.

You seem more confused than normal.

A tax cut is not borrowing money from ourselves. A tax cut is allowing the earner to keep more of what they earned. It is not the government's money.

Also, our revenues have increased in spite of the tax cut. That's a great thing!

Thomas%20Sowel-M.jpg

Why should we spend hundreds of billions, if not trillions of dollars on a system that will be used by only a few and never even pay for itself.

From Europe: "
“Not a single high-speed track built to date has had any perceptible impact on the road traffic carried by parallel motorways,” says a member of the European Parliament."

http://americandreamcoalition.org/pdfs/HSRLayoutFL.pdf

There are no circumstances under which a high-speed rail system makes sense in the US. We have one in place, the Ac78ela Line in the Northeast. It is practical because its corridor has a population of over 44 million people. There is no other location in the US that has a similar corridor.

If LA had that kind of rail system nobody would use it.

Remember, you're talking about LA fercrissake.

You're 100% correct! Their legions of the elite would point to it with pride telling folks how fast it was and all the other details. When asked how it was to ride, they'd respond, oh, I can't ride it, it's too inconvenient but ain't it swell!

Forum List

Back