Mayor Pete learning about problems facing rail infrastructure by spending a week living as a train!

No one wants to ride a fucking train. Dems wasn’t to send us back to the 1800’s.

I love trains and train travel.

I had some friends who did a Euro vacation in 2019 before the pandemic and another who married a Chinese gal and visited her folks. They all RAVED about the high speed rail, the cleanliness and the speed. And my cousin and her family live near Paris right near a rail line and they scoot around Europe several times a year. They own one old car for the short drive into town for groceries.

If we continue the buffoonery on being last among developed nations in infrastructure, we'll be forever ridiculed.

I used to live in Switzerland and I took trains all over Europe.

I have also ridden trains up and down the East Coast to Florida and a far West as Birmingham. I really love train travel. We are last among developed nations in many categories.

Yep, but our trains and theirs are night and day. I too enjoy the clickety-clack of riding Amtrak - Relaxing.
But 80 vs 200-250 mph? I'll take the latter!

If you are in a hurry, a jet travels a lot faster than the fastest train.

Usually I fly, but trains are great. Did you ever ride a train?

No one wants to ride a fucking train. Dems wasn’t to send us back to the 1800’s.

I had some friends who did a Euro vacation in 2019 before the pandemic and another who married a Chinese gal and visited her folks. They all RAVED about the high speed rail, the cleanliness and the speed. And my cousin and her family live near Paris right near a rail line and they scoot around Europe several times a year. They own one old car for the short drive into town for groceries.

If we continue the buffoonery on being last among developed nations in infrastructure, we'll be forever ridiculed.

I have also ridden trains up and down the East Coast to Florida and a far West as Birmingham. I really love train travel. We are last among developed nations in many categories.

Yep, but our trains and theirs are night and day. I too enjoy the clickety-clack of riding Amtrak - Relaxing.

Airport hassle - Very time consuming. High speed rail is nothing like that.

Getting to and from the airport is no more difficult or time consuming than getting to or from the train station.

Ive heard that *biden cancelled keystone so that warren buffett would benefit from oil being railed on trains
Buffett made a chitload from his choo-choos under Obama for his attack on truckers and interstates---in exchange Buffett gave that nonsense speech about the rich needing to pay more (while leaving out that his company owed about 1 billion in taxes at the time. Buffett is a greedy little a-hole.

Getting to and from the airport is no more difficult or time consuming than getting to or from the train station.

That isn't correct. Getting there might take the same amount of time, but getting onto a high speed train takes a few seconds vs a couple of hours once you figure checkin time, security, runway time, frequent delays, etc.

Maybe this year, during the fall foliage season? The 3 hour Oil Creek and Titusville run is considered a nice train trip in adjacent Crawford County.

What a doofus. Amtrak is an irrelevant part of cross-country travel in America. Right now, except for the NY to Washington DC area, its just a trip into nostalgia.

A lot more people drive the Interstate system. Mr. Buttigieg should be driving if he wants a cross country junket to assess US transportation and that would give him an opportunity to examine out nation's gay rest stops

Well - Europe, China and Japan spent tens of billions if not trillions on high speed rail. I guess you know more than they do!

Japan, China and Europe are a lot more densely populated nations. Sort of like near NY and Washington in America, where railroads are viable for passenger travel

Saudi Arabia isn't densely populated and they have high speed rail going north, south, east and west.
Saudi Arabia has so much money from oil they don't even know what to spend it on! So they build expensive high speed rail lines that really serve no purpose.

What a doofus. Amtrak is an irrelevant part of cross-country travel in America. Right now, except for the NY to Washington DC area, its just a trip into nostalgia.

A lot more people drive the Interstate system. Mr. Buttigieg should be driving if he wants a cross country junket to assess US transportation and that would give him an opportunity to examine out nation's gay rest stops

Well - Europe, China and Japan spent tens of billions if not trillions on high speed rail. I guess you know more than they do!

Japan, China and Europe are a lot more densely populated nations. Sort of like near NY and Washington in America, where railroads are viable for passenger travel

Saudi Arabia isn't densely populated and they have high speed rail going north, south, east and west.
Saudi Arabia has so much money from oil they don't even know what to spend it on! So they build expensive high speed rail lines that really serve no purpose.

Saudi Arabia also has a huge number jihadi arriving in their kingdom from around the world every year during their Hajj Season. Moving those folks through , getting them to and from the key locations is a problem that other countries don't have. Its probably impractical to have folks from a hundred different countries used to a hundred different motor vehicle codes driving around you country during such an event.

Maybe this year, during the fall foliage season? The 3 hour Oil Creek and Titusville run is considered a nice train trip in adjacent Crawford County.

I've never done leaf peeping on a train. Here are some good ones.

Have you lived there?

Saudi Arabia also has a huge number jihadi arriving in their kingdom from around the world every year during their Hajj Season. Moving those folks through , getting them to and from the key locations is a problem that other countries don't have. Its probably impractical to have folks from a hundred different countries used to a hundred different motor vehicle codes driving around you country during such an event.

Pilgrims not jihadi... and most of them don't drive.... They arrive in Mecca by bus or taxi from the airport in Jedda.

Pilgrims not jihadi... and most of them don't drive.... They arrive in Mecca by bus or taxi from the airport in Jedda.

Don't they have a train from Jedda to Mecca?

Technically speaking I guess they are "pilgrims" with a small "p", but most people visualize Pilgrims like this.

1612032708757.png

Don't they have a train from Jedda to Mecca?

Technically speaking I guess they are "pilgrims" with a small "p", but most people visualize Pilgrims like this.

View attachment 450696

They do now. Pilgrims make PILGRIMAGES.

Ive heard that *biden cancelled keystone so that warren buffett would benefit from oil being railed on trains

Well you heard from some stupid person who doesn't know anything about the oil business or pipelines.

Well you heard from some stupid person who doesn't know anything about the oil business or pipelines.

Keystone XL is a tax dodge for Canada. It doesn't benefit the US.. In fact it will by-pass 5 refineries in the midwest and their pipelines there already have unused capacity. You're too focused on Buffet to pay attention.. This is a boondoggle.

Keystone XL is a tax dodge for Canada. It doesn't benefit the US.. In fact it will by-pass 5 refineries in the midwest and their pipelines there already have unused capacity. You're too focused on Buffet to pay attention.. This is a boondoggle.
and you're just an FNG that's trying to bully people

and you're just an FNG that's trying to bully people

Bully you? Hardly.. Facts are just facts.

Forum List

Back