'If it’s not Trump, I won’t vote': CPAC exposes schism as attendees rip into 'traitor' DeSantis

I think the Repubs will nominate Trump again, I dont see how they can get away with not doing it. He is a child and would take his 25% of Republicans and intentionally allow the Dems to win the election.

I think the Repubs will nominate Trump again, I dont see how they can get away with not doing it. He is a child and would take his 25% of Republicans and intentionally allow the Dems to win the election.
Repub donors are walking / running away from Trump.

Those who are looking for an alternative aren't doing so because they don't still adore Trump. They just know he may be too damaged (emphasis on "may") to win.

De Santis is an aggressive, punitive, authoritarian strongman-wannabe type like Trump, so naturally the gravity is moving in his direction.

But given absolute choice, most of these poor, manipulated souls would put the adolescent orange con man on a throne for life.

It is no surprise that Trump is the favorite among most Republicans.

Those who are looking for an alternative aren't doing so because they don't still adore Trump. They just know he may be too damaged (emphasis on "may") to win.

De Santis is an aggressive, punitive, authoritarian strongman wannabe type like Trump, so naturally the gravity is moving in his direction.

But given absolute choice, most of these poor, manipulated souls would put the orange con man on a throne for life.
I live in a very conservative area of the country. The Trumpism is strong around here, flags, signs, Trump talk around the bar is very common. I know it is a big country, but right now, it is going to be Trump nominated.

The headline for the thread was built on this direct quote:

"If it’s not Trump, I won’t vote. There is no second choice. There’s one choice and that’s it. You can look at it as a spiritual thing: years ago, this situation we’re in now, has been foretold. We’re living out a prophecy and he’s the guy," Jisa remarked."

Personally, as a guy who is pretty neutral on Don Trump's character and value as an adult man and citizen.....well, I gotta tell you these references to "prophecy" or "spiritual" are highly....highly.....amusing to me.

It's akin to that dunderhead, Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council (a big deal in Christianist circles)....anyway, it was Perkins who when asked about Trump's serial adulteries.....said that the Christianists would give Trump "a mulligan".....on those. Doncha just love it? Tho it don't make Jesus Christ's lessons (and Moses' too) look all that good. IMHO

America has never ever been more interesting place to live in. There be silliness and loonery afoot in the land. For our entertainment.

As a disinterested observer I would 100% support having Trump at the top of a 3rd party ticket.

I think that would add a much needed element of diversity and choice in our American political menu. And make for a more kinetic dynamic in the race for the White House in 2024.

Call it: "MAGA v.2.0".

IMHO

2024 is a long way off.
No Republican will vote 3rd party when it matters.
I call bullshit
Okay. Let’s accept your premise. What about those of us who AREN'T Republicans? Those who identify as Conservatives, or some other Right-Wing ideology and who have supported Trump in the past?

I’m a Traditionalist Conservative Authoritarian. I voted for Trump in 2016, but sat out 2020 because I couldn’t support any candidate. I won’t vote for Trump in 2024, but I also won’t vote for a moderste/centrist on the Republican ticket.

Okay. Let’s accept your premise. What about those of us who AREN'T Republicans? Those who identify as Conservatives, or some other Right-Wing ideology and who have supported Trump in the past?

I’m a Traditionalist Conservative Authoritarian. I voted for Trump in 2016, but sat out 2020 because I couldn’t support any candidate. I won’t vote for Trump in 2024, but I also won’t vote for a moderste/centrist on the Republican ticket.
So enjoy democrat rule! Democrats vote in lock-step. Look at Festerman. Look at Biden. Don't bitch if you don't vote.

Wishful thinking, not fact based. Trump sees the writing on the wall. His "crowds" vanished. His donors disappeared.
Biden is poisoning the 2024 election by saying he's running.

Will Trump support another GOP candidate?

I am sorry. Most of the LGQT.....etc. are children. Really. Think long-term. Times go not so well, and people die.

Forum List

Back