If it comes down between Mitt Romney (R)/Obama 2012...Who will you vote for.

Who will you vote for in the general election

• Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Third party

Votes: 15 14.7%

• Total voters
Herman Cain

Oh I agree totally..

Cain will wipe Obama up... Cain would win by 15 points...

that's rather Confident I think.

I can envision Obama Making Cain look like an ass in Debates. I might not like Obama's Polices, and think he is a hyper Partisan arrogant ass of a President, but I do know he is a great Speaker, and Campaigner, and Debater. From what I have seen of Cain in Debates, I think Obama could tear him up despite Cain having Better Ideas.

Herman Cain

Oh I agree totally..

I can envision Obama Making Cain look like an ass in Debates. I might not like Obama's Polices, and think he is a hyper Partisan arrogant ass of a President, but I do know he is a great Speaker, and Campaigner, and Debater. From what I have seen of Cain in Debates, I think Obama could tear him up despite Cain having Better Ideas.

Yes....and the citizens of ths center-right nation are less interested in the guy with the best ideas and more likely to vote for the guy who is the better debator. You nailed it!

First off where do you get the Idea that All Mormons "take orders from Salt Lake"?

From the Prop 8 fight, where the Prophet ordered them all to fund the anti-Gay marriage amendment, and people were emptying out their kid's college funds.

Second, Yes Blacks are Monolithic, they are more Monolithic than any other Group in America when it comes to Elections. Last time 9 out of 10 of them voted for Obama. Traditionally 80% of them Vote Democrat. They take their Marching orders from the Left wing of the Democrat party. How can you claim they are not Monolithic.

lol

Have Republicans given blacks a good reason to vote for them? Seriously? From Reagan's mythical "Welfare Queen" to Jesse Helms "White Hands" ad to Bush's "Willie Horton" ad to the birther controversy, I think the GOP has alienated blacks at every oppurtunity possible.

Romney is OK. At least he's not a right-wing-nut. But the poll numbers aren't accurate about this, because people say one thing and vote another. Although religion is not supposed to play a part in the Democratic process, we know it does. When it comes to voting for a Representative or Senator, the candidates religion is rarely mentioned. But the President's religion is a matter for discussion. And the Church of the Latter Day Saints aka Mormons doesn't sit well with conservative Christian America. I grew up in South Central Texas and never heard of Mormons until I moved to California.

Besides who in the hell are they going to find to be his running partner? If they get stupid like last time, they could risk losing the entire election. However, I really don't think he'd make a bad President, but he won't get much more accomplished than Obama. He'll be faced with exactly the same problems and obstacles. And nothing in government changes over-night no matter who is in charge, especially when the issues are as weighty as they are and the solutions as light or in many cases non-existent.

Whoever gets the job, I wish him/her well. Because he will need all the support he can muster and then some. We have a social disease in this country called instant gratification, like spoiled children we want what we want right NOW. However, our problems cannot be resolved overnight; they might not be resolved for years. We've been working up to this meltdown since the late 60s - early 70s, so no one should be expecting miracles.

And if the Democrats behave like the Republican have for the last three years, which is highly likely, we can expect 4 to 8 more years of obstructionist foot dragging.

Last edited:
Your two choices are Barack Hussein Obama and Mitt Romney for the presidency 2012. This is a poll of USMB members.

I put the choice of third party too...So we will see who wins!

I voted for President Obama. For the record, using our President's middle name is evidence you're a bigot. Deny it and you're a lying asshole.

Romney is OK. At least he's not a right-wing-nut. But the poll numbers aren't accurate about this, because people say one thing and vote another. Although religion is not supposed to play a part in the Democratic process, we know it does. When it comes to voting for a Representative or Senator, the candidates religion is rarely mentioned. But the President's religion is a matter for discussion. And the Church of the Latter Day Saints aka Mormons doesn't sit well with conservative Christian America. I grew up in South Central Texas and never heard of Mormons until I moved to California.

Besides who in the hell are they going to find to be his running partner? If they get stupid like last time, they could risk losing the entire election. However, I really don't think he'd make a bad President, but he won't get much more accomplished than Obama. He'll be faced with exactly the same problems and obstacles. And nothing in government changes over-night no matter who is in charge, especially when the issues are as weighty as they are and the solutions as light or in many cases non-existent.

Whoever gets the job, I wish him/her well. Because he will need all the support he can muster and then some. We have a social disease in this country called instant gratification, like spoiled children we want what we want right NOW. However, our problems cannot be resolved overnight; they might not be resolved for years. We've been working up to this meltdown since the late 60s - early 70s, so no one should be expecting miracles.

And if the Democrats behave like the Republican have for the last three years, which is highly likely, we can expect 4 to 8 more years of obstructionist foot dragging.

I'm not so sure about that. Romney and Hunstman both crow about how much they accomplished as Republican Governors in Democratic states. The Reagan faithful never forget to mention that he was able to bring the two parties together.

I think it is reasonable to consider that the porime motivator in these cases of cross-party cooperation might be the Democrats....and not so much the executive in question.

Thoughts?

I'm not so sure about that. Romney and Hunstman both crow about how much they accomplished as Republican Governors in Democratic states. The Reagan faithful never forget to mention that he was able to bring the two parties together.

I think it is reasonable to consider that the porime motivator in these cases of cross-party cooperation might be the Democrats....and not so much the executive in question.

Thoughts?

Huntsman was governor of Utah, so that wasn't a Democratic state.

And all Romney got accomplished is signing evey piece of liberal crap the legislature sent up to him until they could get rid of him in 2006. He saw he'd lose by double digits to Deval Patrick and left some other fool holding the bag.

The difference, I think, was back in the Reagan days, there was an expectation that after the election, you put the nonsense away and get stuff done. I don't think that's been the case since Clinton, really. Both parties are expected to fight tooth and nail against ANYTHING the other side proposes.

Case in point, ObamaCare. Its' really just RomneyCare on a national level. The Heritage Foundation praised the hell out of RomneyCare. But change the name in front of the "Care", and lo and behold, Republicans hate it.

So I think the only way something gets done is if one party has all the controls for a while. But to do that, you need a guy who you don't halfway suspect is one of them.

Your two choices are Barack Hussein Obama and Mitt Romney for the presidency 2012. This is a poll of USMB members.

I put the choice of third party too...So we will see who wins!

I voted for President Obama. For the record, using our President's middle name is evidence you're a bigot. Deny it and you're a lying asshole.

In damn proud of it. :eusa_boohoo: :fu::booze: :booze::up: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :laugh2: :laugh2: :ahole-1: :ahole-1: :ahole-1:

Last edited:
Singer has called together the billionaire boys' club for the purpose of picking our next president for us. The old-fashioned way of choosing presidents - democracy and counting ballots and all that - has never been a favorite of this pack. I can tell you that from my investigations of each of these gentlemen for The Guardian. When the Statue of Liberty has nightmares, she dreams that these guys will combine to seize America via a cash-and-carry coup d'état.
Welcome to the nightmare. Singer, Langone and the Kochs last month decided to elect Chris Christie for us. The New Jersey governor's pseudocampaign went belly up before it began. But that's beside the point. Now that the Supreme Court has effectively ended campaign finance limits and allowed secretive contributions through "corporations," this new combine of the ultrawealthy should not be viewed as just a political threat to the Democrats, but as a threat to democracy.

Uber-Vultures: The Billionaires Who Would Pick Our President | Truthout

~S~

Singer has called together the billionaire boys' club for the purpose of picking our next president for us. The old-fashioned way of choosing presidents - democracy and counting ballots and all that - has never been a favorite of this pack. I can tell you that from my investigations of each of these gentlemen for The Guardian. When the Statue of Liberty has nightmares, she dreams that these guys will combine to seize America via a cash-and-carry coup d'état.
Welcome to the nightmare. Singer, Langone and the Kochs last month decided to elect Chris Christie for us. The New Jersey governor's pseudocampaign went belly up before it began. But that's beside the point. Now that the Supreme Court has effectively ended campaign finance limits and allowed secretive contributions through "corporations," this new combine of the ultrawealthy should not be viewed as just a political threat to the Democrats, but as a threat to democracy.

Uber-Vultures: The Billionaires Who Would Pick Our President | Truthout

~S~

Paranoid much?

I'm sorry, but are we supposed to take the word of some anonymous youtube video, for what the Book of Mormon teaches? I actually have a copy of the book and plan on reading it soon. I think it's about 3rd on my list right now..........Should start on it within a month....... I'll find out for myself what they believe........

I'm sorry, but are we supposed to take the word of some anonymous youtube video, for what the Book of Mormon teaches? I actually have a copy of the book and plan on reading it soon. I think it's about 3rd on my list right now..........Should start on it within a month....... I'll find out for myself what they believe........

By all means. The BoM is a great source for curing your insomnia.

You'll fall asleep by the hundreth "And then it Came to Pass"

Herman Cain

Oh I agree totally..

I would LOVE to see obama debate someone! We missed that last time around vs mccain :(.

Obama is a good speaker....period.
Campaigner....not so much, the democrats ran from him the last election.
Debater....cats out of the bag and everyone knows he has nothing.
Going to have to do better than "hope and change."

Obama is a good speaker....period.
Campaigner....not so much, the democrats ran from him the last election.
Debater....cats out of the bag and everyone knows he has nothing.
Going to have to do better than "hope and change."

I think you might be right on the debate thing. He never did have one so maybe I'm wrong but his efforts to avoid it make me think he isn't good at debates.

You'll get a chance to see it.

But....just for fun....here's something that should give you an idea of the ass-whipping that the GOP nominee will take.

Remember this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vOMIN673A]President Obama Full Q&A - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back