If accepting Jesus is necessary...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
If accepting Jesus as our Lord and saviour is necessary to be saved, what happened to the billions of poeple who lived and died prior to the invention of Christianity?

If accepting Jesus as our Lord and saviour is necessary to be saved, what happened to the billions of poeple who lived and died prior to the invention of Christianity?

That's one of the reasons I believe in reincarnation. Instead of saying the "invention" of Christianity, I'd rather say something like the "unfolding" of Christianity. :)

That's one of the reasons I believe in reincarnation.

Interestingly, so's Judaism.

I don't believe in it in the traditional sense but we know that the astoms that make up our bodies don't blink out of existence when we die, but rather become part of other things. So a kind of reincarnation is supported by science. But everything that makes us unique individuals ends at death. Even if you could perfectly clone a person, you wouldn't have anything but a perfectly, blank, copy. You wouldn't be copying the information held in our neurons, only the number of neurons. When we die, while the atoms which make up our neurons remain, as our bodies decompose and these atoms are 'freed' to float off, their total sum is lost. Just ecause 1 or more neurons becomes part of some bug or worm doesn't then mean we've been reincarnated as that bug or worm because not all our neurons are there. Plus minus the rest of our bodies, our brains don't work.

They are all burning in hell.

Really? God who loves us enough to sacrifice his only son punishes billions of people for not accept Jesus millenia before thinking to send him? :)

They got "grandfathered in".
alright, but some pf those people, if given the chance, would not have accepted Jesus as their Savior. They would have rejected Jesus and accepted the devil.
So, not all could be Grandfathered in. Some would have to be rejected.

Reading the NT they early disciples sound like they believed in reincarnation, also didn't Elijah spirit go into Elisha? and the Jews expect Elijah to return, is that in the same body or a different one?

Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah for those who could accept it.

Reading the NT they early disciples sound like they believed in reincarnation, also didn't Elijah spirit go into Elisha? and the Jews expect Elijah to return, is that in the same body or a different one?

Penelope never read the bible----she gets her "interpretations" in the mosque library---from little comic book propaganda pamphlets--------

Penelope ---your grasp is very very vague----is English your mother-tongue?

God is so merciful that he gives people second chances, hence reincarnation. For those souls that were so depressed and committed suicide, or were taken before they could ask for forgiveness and give themselves to the Lord they get another opportunity. In the meantime, in Heaven they learn lessons of Love and Giving for their next life. Just my thoughts.

God is so merciful that he gives people second chances, hence reincarnation. For those souls that were so depressed and committed suicide, or were taken before they could ask for forgiveness and give themselves to the Lord they get another opportunity. In the meantime, in Heaven they learn lessons of Love and Giving for their next life. Just my thoughts.

With reincarnation you do not remember your previous life, so we don't know, I have to admit, I have met a few kids in which I thought they are an old soul, and when you see these young kids so gifted in painting and music, it makes one wonder.

Penelope never read the bible----she gets her "interpretations" in the mosque library---from little comic book propaganda pamphlets--------

So do they expect Elijah to return in the flesh or in the spirit, and if in the spirit how do you know John the Baptist was not Elijah?

So do they expect Elijah to return in the flesh or in the spirit, and if in the spirit how do you know John the Baptist was not Elijah?

who is "they"??? How do you know that I am not Elijah? John the Baptist did not say he was Elijah-----
It is not clear to me that Jesus said it either-----Did John
the Baptist LOOK like Elijah? In order to understand the issue of "ELIJAH"-----you have to know his role in
jewish mysticism. Elisha did not BECOME Elijah----he stayed Elisha. All that stuff is mystic symbolism-----far beyond your ken

Maybe that's what a second coming refers to? Different person, but identical message?

"God is so merciful that he gives people second chances, hence reincarnation."

That's how Judaism explains it.

First, Christianity has been taught since it was revealed to Adam in the first dispensation and rerevealed in multiple dispensations since then.

second, there is a reason Christ preached to the dead. And a reason vicarious work is done for the dead. We have 1000 years of work to do for them.

funny that elijah is mentioned since he was key in restoring vicarious work for the dead.

Romans 1:18-20
Hebrews 1:1-2

Ya gotta love it when those who profess no allegiance to Christ presume to tell Christians how to read the Scriptures.

Forum List

Back