If a liberal tells you "Diversity is a strength", then tell them about the Ottoman empire's demise.

EisenhansSS

Rookie
Mar 25, 2022
I have been hearing this shit for so often right now "diversity is our strength" and in my country, its all about "cultural enrichment".

Next time a liberal lunatic tells you such nonsense, tell them to dig up the Ottomans and ask them how that worked out for the Ottoman empire, the longest lasting multiracial empire in History.

The Ottoman empire actually gave special rights to certain minorities, such as the Bosnians, who were allowed to become Jannisaries and later betrayed the ottomans anyway. The Turks gave them a hand and they ripped out their whole arm.

Or better yet, their conflict with the Kurds and Arabs and how their betrayal led to the downfall of their empire.

In my country, we have Turks and Kurds fighting each other on our streets and our government doesn't do shit, i have heard it happened in the US to a few times.

There are also other examples like Yugoslavia and the USSR. Ultimately, its Unity, not diversity that makes a country strong, a lesson that the west will elarn the hard way.

I have been hearing this shit for so often right now "diversity is our strength" and in my country, its all about "cultural enrichment".

Next time a liberal lunatic tells you such nonsense, tell them to dig up the Ottomans and ask them how that worked out for the Ottoman empire, the longest lasting multiracial empire in History.

The Ottoman empire actually gave special rights to certain minorities, such as the Bosnians, who were allowed to become Jannisaries and later betrayed the ottomans anyway. The Turks gave them a hand and they ripped out their whole arm.

Or better yet, their conflict with the Kurds and Arabs and how their betrayal led to the downfall of their empire.

In my country, we have Turks and Kurds fighting each other on our streets and our government doesn't do shit, i have heard it happened in the US to a few times.

There are also other examples like Yugoslavia and the USSR. Ultimately, its Unity, not diversity that makes a country strong, a lesson that the west will elarn the hard way.
Thank you!

They didn’t treat all their citizens equally, here that’s enshrined in the Constitution.

Zero historical knowledge expressed here. First of all, there are immense differences between “empires,” “countries” and small “city states” in different periods of their existence. The successes and failures of long-lasting multi-ethnic empires, for example the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman and Persian, can not be stupidly pigeonholed into categories like “diversity is strength” or “diversity weakens.”

For our own immigrant-based multi-ethnic and multi-racial society, long claiming to lead the world in extending individual and human rights — whose very motto is “E Pluribus Unum” — building strength and unity out of diversity is obviously crucial.

In the US liberals tell you that diversity is our strength, and in the next breath, censoring or cancelling anyone that thinks differently than they do.

It's a game they like to play.

Strength comes from unity, not diversity.
Unified like a flock of sheep. We have too much history from the 20th century to subscribe to that kind of tribalism. It doesn’t matter what you call it: Volk, Soviet, Ummah, hyper-nationalism, theocracy, etc., etc., etc... It only leads to death.

Last edited:
Those who think the collective is better than diversity ignore the fact that, at some point, the idea of a collective is impaired. Look at the GOP today. Lifelong republicans are now called RINOs because they don't subscribe to a new strain of so-called "republican" based on fear, protectionism, and despicable hatred.

Diversity (at it's best) acknowledges differences and celebrates them; doesn't try to gloss over them with a fantasy of walking in lock-step with someone else.

Those who think the collective is better than diversity ignore the fact that, at some point, the idea of a collective is impaired. Look at the GOP today. Lifelong republicans are now called RINOs because they don't subscribe to a new strain of so-called "republican" based on fear, protectionism, and despicable hatred.

Diversity (at it's best) acknowledges differences and celebrates them; doesn't try to gloss over them with a fantasy of walking in lock-step with someone else.

And you folks are the party of Cancel Culture

What a complete joke

The Ottoman empire was a bit of a dud at least for the Arabs. It was a long period of stagnation.

My grandad use to say cherish our similarities and respect our differences. Of course he was a patriot not a nationalist.

My grandad use to say cherish our similarities and respect our differences. Of course he was a patriot not a nationalist.

So I'm in my early 50s, and many years ago, this was how liberals were. I'm talking MANY years ago. Truly, liberals were at least somewhat open-minded and enjoyed debate. I do too, and this is partly why I used to be liberal---decades and decades ago.

No more. Closed-minded, intolerant, often full out stupid. That's modern liberals. I often say I go to my Evangelical Christian Church NOT to escape the judgment really--but it is a nice side benefit. Modern libs are much MUCH more judgey and intolerant than my brothers and sisters in Christ. And way less fun.

So I'm in my early 50s, and many years ago, this was how liberals were. I'm talking MANY years ago. Truly, liberals were at least somewhat open-minded and enjoyed debate. I do too, and this is partly why I used to be liberal---decades and decades ago.

No more. Closed-minded, intolerant, often full out stupid. That's modern liberals. I often say I go to my Evangelical Christian Church NOT to escape the judgment really--but it is a nice side benefit. Modern libs are much MUCH more judgey and intolerant than my brothers and sisters in Christ. And way less fun.
My grandfather was an Eisenhower Republican. Evangelical and fundamentalist no doubt. Are you rapture ready?

Wow, do you think anyone on this forum is more judgmental than you?

Wow, do you think anyone on this forum is more judgmental than you?

Why because I don't love the precious vaccines? or what?

Realize you can get vaccinated every day for the rest of your life if you like. Just don't make ME do it.

This used to be the American way.

Why because I don't love the precious vaccines? or what?

Realize you can get vaccinated every day for the rest of your life if you like. Just don't make ME do it.

This used to be the American way.

Because you judge everyone and everything in just about every post.

You lump everyone into one of two groups, in your world that is all there is.

Forum List

Back