Idaho abortion laws crush free speech and endanger the health of students

Returning the schools and universities back to teaching our youth how to read write and learn math instead of teaching them how to bring about social change is common sense, not fascism. Why don’t you leftists open up your own private schools and universities teaching social justice?

The answer, they’d be empty except for a few kooks.
Kids can read and write when they reach university. They are capable of discussing their health needs with other adults.

"Promote" is such a weasel word. These students are not children who need their parents permission to do anything.

The University is no doubt acting under the instructions of its lawyers and insurers but the net result of this is a frightening situation for young women.

It is an egregious attack on the free speech rights of Uni staff and students.

It begs the question as to whether you would choose to be educated in such a dark place.

It isnt conducive to learning to see your lecturer dragged out of class by the abortion police. Although the more perceptive students would learn a valuable lesson.

Of course America has a choice.
What do Eurotrash like you know about Idaho?

Your sensationalism is ridiculous. Please link where anything close to this ^^^ has EVER happened. Also, how does this endanger health. The university's mission is education--not health care. Educators should stay in their lane and teach and leave health care to health care professionals.
Educators should be free to discuss abortion with other adults. You taliban types are ushering in a dark period in America.

"Promote" is such a weasel word. These students are not children who need their parents permission to do anything.

The University is no doubt acting under the instructions of its lawyers and insurers but the net result of this is a frightening situation for young women.

It is an egregious attack on the free speech rights of Uni staff and students.

It begs the question as to whether you would choose to be educated in such a dark place.

It isnt conducive to learning to see your lecturer dragged out of class by the abortion police. Although the more perceptive students would learn a valuable lesson.

Of course America has a choice.
Conservatives excel at crushing free speech.

And the right's war on women continues.

I'm Pro-Life but squashing the discussion around this is absolutely wrong.

It's pretty sad they have stopped the one thing that works the best to stop one from seeking an abortion also... contraceptives.

I'm Pro-Life but I want little to do with a large segment of those who claim the same.

Kids can read and write when they reach university. They are capable of discussing their health needs with other adults.
A class is not the venue for health decisions--not to mention the liability that the university has when the moron student takes the advice of an unqualified educator and an adverse event occurs. People should make their health decisions with their health care providers. You're ignorance as to the law notwithstanding. The law only affects what the employee says while "on the clock." That educator can say anything they want when not in an official capacity. Educate yourself moron.

I'm Pro-Life but squashing the discussion around this is absolutely wrong.

It's pretty sad they have stopped the one thing that works the best to stop one from seeking an abortion also... contraceptives.

I'm Pro-Life but I want little to do with a large segment of those who claim the same.
Everyone is pro life, including those who respect and defend a woman's right to choose.

Plan B should be readily available. It is not abortion. Contraception helps prevent abortions. As a society we should be promoting not conceiving.

Plan B should be readily available. It is not abortion. Contraception helps prevent abortions. As a society we should be promoting not conceiving.
I think as a society we are--it is the forefront of every news cast. A university class is not the place to be discussing personal health decisions and educators should not be dispensing health advice. That should be discussed with health care providers. If the student is seeking advice outside the class from a trusted confidante, that is not subject to the law.

A class is not the venue for health decisions--not to mention the liability that the university has when the moron student takes the advice of an unqualified educator and an adverse event occurs. People should make their health decisions with their health care providers. You're ignorance as to the law notwithstanding. The law only affects what the employee says while "on the clock." That educator can say anything they want when not in an official capacity. Educate yourself moron.
They are not giving abortion advice. They are losing the right to refer these youngsters to people who can help them.

That is taliban politics. You should be ashamed for backing that.

Canon Shooter is on your side here, Tommy. You two should talk.

Actually, dipshit, I'm not.

Students go to schools to be taught and to learn. They don't go to school to get health care advice or get condoms. There are other entities which exist for that. It shouldn't have a place in any public school or university.

Now, feel free to go full-retard and completely lie and mischaracterize what I've just said...

They are not giving abortion advice.
You don't have a clue what this law is. You also don't know what kind of advice they are giving. Bottom line is abortion, contraception or health care have no place in a math, geography or history class. Those students are there to learn THOSE subjects--not some left wing crap about what the instructor feels. Again, it DOES NOTHING to anyone UNLESS they are using their position as an educator to promote something that is not related to their field of expertise. What they do in their own time is not addressed in the statute. So STFU or EDUCATE YOURSELF.

You don't have a clue what this law is. You also don't know what kind of advice they are giving. Bottom line is abortion, contraception or health care have no place in a math, geography or history class. Those students are there to learn THOSE subjects--not some left wing crap about what the instructor feels. Again, it DOES NOTHING to anyone UNLESS they are using their position as an educator to promote something that is not related to their field of expertise. What they do in their own time is not addressed in the statute. So STFU or EDUCATE YOURSELF.
You have a strange definition of what university actually is. Perhaps you never went to one.

All iniversities have a duty of care to their students and abortion info is a part of that.

All women should be able to access healthcare when they need it. religious nuts should not come between any woman and accessing that healthcare.

Not very well in too many cases. Check out how far Americas children have fallen compared to other countries. Its not pretty. 60 years of leftism has played a major role in the decline. Some recent examples. Closing entire districts K thru 12 because a democrat didn’t win an election and offering therapy. Walk outs for Social Justice nonsense, safe spaces. That’s just a a few of many and only K - 12. I could type for hours with the universities.

Forum List

Back