I wonder about whether calling people Nazis or referring to Hitler is offensive to those who are of German ancestry?

The nature of the Opening Post, is addressing the First Amendment, and thus, leads it to be a very politicized debate.

The Announcements sub-forum is a Zone 1 forum. . . so?

Make of it what you will. . . :dunno:

"Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads) / The Lounge / Announcements / Race Relations-Racism / Religion and Ethics: Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.
I couldn't help myself from making a joke. Chill mrBeale, chill.

I had a neighbor and his son was BFF with my son. He was of German descent. Every time my son went over and knocked on the door the dad would throw open the door and tell him to come right in he had the oven on for him.

On the one hand, he seemed to be acutely aware of how bad any conversation could get involving Germany and beat people to it.
OTOH, he often took it a bit too far and I had to explain a whole lot to an 11 year old.

Being called a Nazi is not nearly as offensive as being called a Democrat. Nazis are much better than democrats.

The way the left and the right view the world, never cease to amaze me.

6illze.jpg

How do you think I feel when someone refers to me as a Nazi?

ANSWER: I turn my back on them and refuse to have anything to do with them.
How DO you feel? Anxious, depressed, angry, schizophrenic? Maybe you need to see someone. I find it funny when someone tries to categorize me in what they think are derogatory terms.

How DO you feel? Anxious, depressed, angry, schizophrenic? Maybe you need to see someone. I find it funny when someone tries to categorize me in what they think are derogatory terms.
1654373708122.png

NULL

That includes feeling that way about anyone that wants to make an issue about their descent needing favored status because of they are from somewhere or their ancestry...

*****SMILE*****

:)

I know that some people of German Ancestry can take offense to the term nazis or talking about hitler.

Like one time in a online game, I was making a reference to someone being like Hitler, and a person of German ancestry took offense to it.
Why would it upset me since it is used in the wrong context?

Forum List

Back