I wonder about whether calling people Nazis or referring to Hitler is offensive to those who are of German ancestry?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I know that some people of German Ancestry can take offense to the term nazis or talking about hitler.

Like one time in a online game, I was making a reference to someone being like Hitler, and a person of German ancestry took offense to it.

I know that some people of German Ancestry can take offense to the term nazis or talking about hitler.

Like one time in a online game, I was making a reference to someone being like Hitler, and a person of German ancestry took offense to it.

What does "of German ancestry" mean? Someone is either German or they are not...right?

But in regard to your question: I don't really care what Germans think about us saying this or that is like Hitler. Hitler was a real figure in history. Nazis were voted into power in their nation. In my experience, when Germans say that what they mean is, "it's not nice of you to remind us that we did bad things". BTW, they have no hesitation in reminding us that we took land from Indigenous people and etc.

I have to laugh when some people suppose that other people are offended by something. If they are offended, let them explain why that is. Personally, I am not "offended" by anything, and I think that people who are have unresolved emotional issues.

Morality wanes
Your very personal opinion of whether or not displaying this symbol, or that flag, is a moral question or not? Is the very reason we have a first Amendment. . . . to protect the nation from ideologues like you. . . :113:

Your very personal opinion of whether or not displaying this symbol, or that flag, is a moral question or not? Is the very reason we have a first Amendment. . . . to protect the nation from ideologues like you. . . :113:
I don't hide my disdain for BS

Are you a catagory Nazi?
The nature of the Opening Post, is addressing the First Amendment, and thus, leads it to be a very politicized debate.

The Announcements sub-forum is a Zone 1 forum. . . so?

Make of it what you will. . . :dunno:

"Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads) / The Lounge / Announcements / Race Relations-Racism / Religion and Ethics: Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.

I don't hide my disdain for BS
Doesn’t matter what you consider BS the Constitution protects everyone and not the select, well that is how it should work…

Because you dislike a certain symbol does not matter because you can just ignore it…

Yesterday, I was driving 45 South to Galveston and this Trucker had Lee Battle Flag and even though I find the Flag Stupid it was his right to have it on the grill of his Truck…

So as long as we have that first amendment, well there isn’t much you can do to stop people from using things you may dislike or consider BS…

What does "of German ancestry" mean? Someone is either German or they are not...right?

But in regard to your question: I don't really care what Germans think about us saying this or that is like Hitler. Hitler was a real figure in history. Nazis were voted into power in their nation. In my experience, when Germans say that what they mean is, "it's not nice of you to remind us that we did bad things". BTW, they have no hesitation in reminding us that we took land from Indigenous people and etc.

1654369520580.png

My ancestry is 100% German and I have immediate family who filled US uniforms during both WWI and WWII.

Then the US government went on a rampage to eliminate the German language from being spoke or taught in public or the school systems until college here in the United States.

How do you think I feel when someone refers to me as a Nazi?

ANSWER: I turn my back on them and refuse to have anything to do with them.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back