I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare

Them's the brakes. Life, sometimes does not go usually to plan.

She should sue the rental company. Not castigate the entire EV industry because she was a fool for relying on dumb luck instead of power to get her to the finish line.

Well if the car informs the operator that it can go 30 miles but then says, oops, sorry, we just went up a hill, now we can only go 9 miles, that doesn't appear to be a ''bad luck' problem.

That seems to be a ''this EV isn't compatible with real world driving'' problem.

Yeah, Rich Liberals who live in my area in Marin County California dont have to worry about this. They have plenty of EV charging stations everywhere for them to make their bubble more comfortable, but in most places througout the U.S. people are forced to find some remote charging lot somewhere they hope they can find and will be in working order once they find it.

And if a woman alone at night has to sit someplace for an hour... or anyone for that matter, risk of becoming a crime victim is a real factor.
I went back to CA this past summer and I was amazed at how many Teslas I saw on the road in the bay area and surrounds--Monterey as well, of course.

It is too bad that the rental company stuck her with an EV in winter.

She is not totally to blame unlike these idiots that bought an EV.

Did you check to see if it was a mixed EV and gas vehicle?

Did you do a search of EV stations in the state to know where they were at and plan accordingly?

I rented one from AVIS but it was a mix
Hybrids are very different from EVs. As long as you have gas in the tank, the battery in the hybrid is irrelevant.

It's a good thing that the EV didn't strand the poor lass in the wrong place.

And, unfortunately, ''wrong places'' seem to be a rapidly spreading bit of real estate nowadays, particularly over the last few years given that whole Cloward-Piven gag they're running.

Gosh. Out in the real world, they're snatching people out of their cars and attacking them these days, and for no other reason than the fact that the drivers are white folk...

''Are they white? Let’s get 'em! Get they ass! Take him out his car! Get him out!''

Last edited:
It's the whole ''mandate'' thing that I find repugnant.

If people want to buy or rent them, then fine. That should be their choice. Risk is a part of life.

But there must be a choice in the matter.

Unfortunately, choice is what they are observably trying to mandate away in the long-term.
On the renting front, Hertz is pretty much dropping their EV lineup ..

On the renting front, Hertz is pretty much dropping their EV lineup ..

Yeah, read that a few days ago. Seems like they're starting to pile up on car lots, too.

And some manufacturers who initially jumped on the bandwagon (albeit largely a stalking horse type of deal initially) are starting to make moves in the opposite direction, too.

Do you have any alternative solutions to slow down or stop global warming.

EV's can't replace all gas and diesel vehiclesll 1 for 1. That would be impossible.

Other solutions include mass transit such as trains, buses, bicycles, etc. Can you add some others?

Cuba has found some very innovative solutions. Mostly due to need but also due to social responsibility.
EVs won't do anything to slow or stop global warming. Their power has the be generated somehow and solar and wind aren't cutting it. That means natural gas, oil or coal fired power plants to take up the slack. Hint: all of those give off greenhouse gasses.

Running the heater or A/C in an EV seriously messes up range.
The ambient temperature was cold, which EVs don't like much.
Also taking off like a bat out of hell then slamming on the brakes takes it's toll.

EVs won't do anything to slow or stop global warming. Their power has the be generated somehow and solar and wind aren't cutting it. That means natural gas, oil or coal fired power plants to take up the slack. Hint: all of those give off greenhouse gasses.
No! Obviously!

Nuclear and hydro for a start.

I'm just sticking with Shell's good old 93 octane.

Hasn't failed me yet.

I've no stake in that whole global warming narrative, so that doesn't even factor into any thoughts I'd have regarding this infrastructure.

Last edited:
Where does the energy come from the charge the EVs Donald? Do you think the grid is charged by wind and solar?
ElectricCar copy.jpg

Well if the car informs the operator that it can go 30 miles but then says, oops, sorry, we just went up a hill, now we can only go 9 miles, that doesn't appear to be a ''bad luck' problem.

That seems to be a ''this EV isn't compatible with real world driving'' problem.
How is that different than a gasoline-powered vehicle? Driving up and down hills can take more gas than driving on flat terrain.

Buyer or, in this case, renter... beware.

Do you have any alternative solutions to slow down or stop global warming.

EV's can't replace all gas and diesel vehiclesll 1 for 1. That would be impossible.

Other solutions include mass transit such as trains, buses, bicycles, etc. Can you add some others?

Cuba has found some very innovative solutions. Mostly due to need but also due to social responsibility.
Since global warming is a total hoax there is no need to slow it or stop it. The purpose of the hysteria is to limit travel. Start tightening up on the loss of freedom.

How is that different than a gasoline-powered vehicle? Driving up and down hills can take more gas than driving on flat terrain.

Buyer or, in this case, renter... beware.

Yes, it can.

But when I get to the bottom of the hill, the fuel guage doesn't go from 3/4 of a tank down to 1/2 of a tank.

So far as ''reneter beware'' she reserved a gas car.

They effectively told her no, huh uh, we donlt care if you reserved a gas car, you're gonna take this EV and like it.

Given the renters real word scenario, she had no ther choice, unless the wedding party wanted to postpone the wedding so that she could look for some other place that would honor her initial transaction.

See, that's the thing. Real world scenarios aren't really factored into the equation by the entities who are using that whole global warming gag as justification for mandating this infrastructure.

It's always about the fairy tale instead. Everything revolves around the fairy tale...

Last edited:
Gosh. If this woman's experience in an EV rental doesn't spell it all out, I don't know what else will. Apparently, the cars don't do a very good job of letting the driver know how far it can actually go. This, of course, put her in a very dangerous position.

Anyway...

''At least 13 states, including Washington, California, New York, and Virginia, plus D.C., mandate (emphasis mine) new car sales to be EVs by 2035. The goal is to convert everyone to electric -- by force...''

''I don’t own a car, so I rented one from Hertz. I was dubious of the EV they gave me, but I had no choice: they rented out the gas-powered car that I reserved and I was out of options.''

''As I drove to the wedding venue, I was nearly glued to the dashboard, watching a dwindling battery percentage. Just when I thought everything would be OK, I encountered hills. EV batteries do not like hills...When I arrived at the venue, my dashboard said the battery would only last 43 more miles. I needed double that to make it back to Seattle. From the vows to the post-ceremony dinner, I was panicked, downloading apps that mapped out the nearest EV power stations, hoping I could make this work...There was a nearby EV plugin location with a dozen open spaces -- for Teslas. I wasn’t driving a Tesla. Without a standard EV plug, if you don’t have an adapter, you’re out of luck. The closest location compatible with my car was a diner in the middle of nowhere, 30 miles away.''

I nervously headed out, watching the battery react to every hill, and every press of the gas pedal. The car misled me about how far I’d get. After 30 minutes, I had 9.5 miles to the charger and a battery that could handle 17 more miles.

''Pro-tip: when driving an EV, do not make any mistakes -- like missing a poorly lit off-ramp to your plug-in station on a highway where the next opportunity to get off and head back is two miles away (and two miles back), when your battery has only about one mile left to give. I was forced to pull over, cruising to a stop in the middle of nowhere. The battery had died as I was pulling off the freeway. Moments later, the lights and heat went out. It was pitch black and about 30 degrees...After two hours of mostly yelling at Hertz customer service and cursing the lack of EV infrastructure in the state, I got an Uber after two hours of waiting. A driver named Hussein took pity on me and agreed to pick me up. He couldn’t arrive soon enough. My cell phone battery hit 13%, and, as with my EV, I had nowhere to plug it in...When the Uber arrived, I abandoned the EV. It was now Hertz’s problem. I got home, $108.91 later (plus a generous tip). This is your future in the Democrats’ EV world.''

Continued - I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare
Her sacrifices are a small price to pay to save our burning planet. She could have sacrificed even more and not survived, but her sacrifices are still duly noted.

Since global warming is a total hoax there is no need to slow it or stop it. The purpose of the hysteria is to limit travel. Start tightening up on the loss of freedom.
That's the right talking ;point for the right's position on climate change, that's an issue in the political divide.

It will be one of the issues that cause Americans to pull the trigger when the situation is ripe.

Forum List

Back